Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 26

Old 02-06-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday/Sunday, all.

Enjoy.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

That soap looks so good I kinda want to eat it......with a glass of milk.

Morning all. Hope to see some pics of that snow. Leaf buds beginning to show on some of the trees around here.

Gym time done and a whole fresh sunny day ahead.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I thought the same thing, Mark. BD's soap looks delicious.

No buds here yet.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

I often end up with soap that looks like dessert when using natural colorants.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Are soaps your favorite product to work with BD? I can see how nice it must be to work on things like that when the weather keeps you in. What are your other top sellers?
Old 02-06-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Nite phoebe love, and I must get your brownie recipe.
Ummm, Pillsbury box mix. But I did use real butter rather than oil.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Here are a couple of pictures of our snow from yesterday. The first is from the afternoon, the latter was looking East, as the setting sun illuminated the trees.

whoa. Need to resize. BRB.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Ok then, brownies from a box is doable for me.

And yes, that soap looks so beautiful!

I couldn't sleep last night. I had an energy drink yesterday, never again. I still feel sick. Anyway, I lay there thinking about Cuba Gooding Jr portraying OJ. A strange choice I think.

Love and good morning all. ♥
Old 02-06-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Mark, I've been making soap for 12 years and it never gets old. There are always new things to learn and techniques to master. The act itself is science, but a bit of magic as well, practical magic, LOL. The oils and lye combine to become soap ( the process of saponification) but not every batch works. It can be a sad mess rather than soap so there is always the finger crossing, deep breath aspect. It's incredibly satisfying to make things that you use and enjoy. I have calendula and arnica flowers steeping in oil on my windowsill for my latest project-healing balms.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Good morning V! Happy Sunday.

That's interesting BD. I remember my mom saying how some recipes she made could turn out well and other times not so good even using the same ingredients. Guess that's where the magic comes in. So do you go to the flower shoppe and get what you need? I looked up those bright blooms you referenced....quite cheerful I may add.

Speaking of magical, when the few 'slow' songs came along last night I was so surprised that my little one would lay her sweet head over on my chest as we danced. I thought those days were gone! Surprised I didn't melt right on the spot.

Did you have snow plow duty Arbor? I always think of that when I see snow up there!
Old 02-06-2016, 03:37 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Such a lucky man, Mark! My daughter had no interest in those dances. I always felt a bit sad about that, especially for Daddy.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Having trouble with re-sizing my photos. I think it is a windows 8.1 issue and I need to clean up my computer.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post

Speaking of magical, when the few 'slow' songs came along last night I was so surprised that my little one would lay her sweet head over on my chest as we danced. I thought those days were gone! Surprised I didn't melt right on the spot.

Oh, how very sweet, Mark; brings a little tear to my eye.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Well, I added them to an album in my profile, and copied them to here. So, they are smaller, in fact, teeny tiny! But there were spectacular scenes all around our community after this storm. People were posting all over FB.

Old 02-06-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Ok then, brownies from a box is doable for me.

Doable for me, too, AND delicious.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post

It looks so pretty and peaceful, phoebe!!!!!
Old 02-06-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody; very busy day here; it's going to be an early night.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

If you look via the album in my profile, you can see them bigger.

I hate snow and winter, but this was just a gorgeous snowfall, and the weather is relatively mild. Hubby and daughter took the dog for a long trek in an area around some protected wetlands. We can walk there from our home. I am not one for walking in snow, so I stayed back. But, I do walk him there when it melts. Did it last week.

I really should be a snowbird someday, have a home in a warmer place for winter, if we can afford it. We do discuss it, downsizing our home and having 2 condos, maybe.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

BD - I love your soaps, and balms are definitely my jam. We are big on salves around here too, and I've got my daughter convinced that absolutely anything can be healed if you just "put a little cream on it." Because she's little and apt to get stuff in her eyes (and everywhere else), I don't usually put any essential or infused oils in hers. Just olive oil, coconut oil, and beeswax. But I really want to try infusing oil the next time my mom hits me a with a bag of dried lavender.

Mark - what a sweet moment with your little one. Really makes you appreciate all those little moments when they're little.

I have to say I'm feeling pretty crappy today. My body is still struggling to deal with the major changes, and it's affecting my brain a lot this week. A lot of mood swings, random anxiety, and am starting to feel more consistently depressed. Today it's pretty bad. It's hard to explain, I guess I would just describe it as pain (which it is). So I'm just taking it easy and trying not to get overwhelmed (impossible at times with a little kid around). I was going to cook a trillion things for superbowl tomorrow, but I'm going to have to downgrade it a bit.

It's hard not to feel disappointed in myself, but this year without hiding behind alcohol has been so much about shedding all the layers of who I wish I were and thought I could force myself to be. I find myself stripping down to the basics to discover (and finally accept) who I really am. There's no sense in regretting what I can't control, I just have to do my best to work with it.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Phoebe - that is so beautiful! Not something we see around here, that's for sure. Just wonderful!