Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 26

Old 02-04-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I think I need a clay mask....I'm getting some pretty good 'crows feet' around my eyes when I smile these days! Guess it goes with the territory.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Gorgeous, BD! I'll bet it smells fantastic.

Mark, What a precious memory for you both! Good luck with the tie hunt.

Venus!!! I wanna jump up and down for your new path. And time management IS key. You'll find your rhythm. Just give it a couple of weeks. And try to enjoy the stretching that comes with change. You're growing with every turn of the page!

My guys are both out of town, Cowboy on business for a few days and Jr. with his mother tonight. The dog and I enjoyed drive-thru dinner and are looking forward to a long night's sleep. I tried to go to bed early last night, but I kept waking up... without them here, this house still feels kind of foreign to me. Hopefully, I'll catch up on zzz tonight.

Adding.. Wear those laugh lines proudly, Mark! They're golden!
Old 02-04-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
I think I need a clay mask....I'm getting some pretty good 'crows feet' around my eyes when I smile these days! Guess it goes with the territory.
My perspective is that we earn those crows feet through our happy and joyous moments; they are signs of a live well-lived.

Jowls, on the other hand, are quite another story; they are a very cruel tick of nature. At the first sign of the, I am going into hiding. :-)
Old 02-04-2016, 05:16 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrighterDayz View Post
Good evening here. Just poured a batch of soap, sandalwood and vanilla, colored with Australian clay 'cause that's the best. Tomorrow night I'll be able to cut it, then off to the curing rack for six weeks. It's funny, with every batch you get a picture in your head of what you are aiming.

Sandalwood and vanilla; sounds fabulous, BD.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning V!

I had no idea that soap had clay in it. That soap looks like candy or something to me. Bet it smells great. Do you make some with rosemary in it? I like the smell of that stuff.

I've heard of NYPD blue but never watched it. I've not heard of any of the others.....I may try to watch a tv show sometime.

So tomorrow night is a father/daughter dance for me and my little one at her school. We've been practicing our 'twirl and dip'. Speaking of time management, I've put off locating my black tie. Wish me luck as I dive into the recesses of my closet!

Oh, a father/daughter dance. How lovely, Mark!!!!
Old 02-04-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to it Leigh. She's so excited about her sparkle dress and heels. The little girls are always so cute as they walk about awkwardly in those shoes.

Found my black tie!

Really early start for me tomorrow, so time to hit the shower.....good night.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to it Leigh. She's so excited about her sparkle dress and heels. The little girls are always so cute as they walk about awkwardly in those shoes.

Found my black tie!

Really early start for me tomorrow, so time to hit the shower.....good night.

I can just picture the two of you, Mark; how sweet.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all; see you tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful time Mark!

Phoebe, I know that I would love those coloring books. I was looking at some in the store the other day, so pretty! I would want gorgeous colored pencils too. Your auto correct bewilders me sometimes. Here I was wondering what your son's colic shows are.

Venus, I never watch anything live, so I'm right with you, 45 min shows, one, maybe two. It's my relaxation and I don't let myself indulge until everything else is done, so it's my reward too. It's perfectly fine to be way behind in television watching.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Lol, comic shows, BD., like Marvel, etc... Sorry! I'm a poor typist.

That soap looks amazing!! I'd love to know if you come to the west suburbs of Boston!!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Mark, have a ball at the ball!
Old 02-04-2016, 07:59 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Beautiful soap BD! Makes me want a nice hot shower right now, actually.

Phoebe we've gotten down with some of those coloring books too. They are pretty awesome, and it's something I should do more of probably. I have the same problem with that as I do with watching TV - I have a very hard time with feeling unproductive. I can crochet to relax because I get something out of it at the end, or I can make lotions and such, but if a task isn't productive, I feel guilty spending time on it, and that makes me anxious. It's something I need to work on because logically I know that stress relief is time well spent, but it's just something I struggle with.

It's funny, it drives my husband crazy to try to watch a movie with me because I get up at least 10 times per movie to do things, or I have to be doing something while I'm watching it. I've always been like that. I remember my family making fun of me for it when I was a kid...it must be pretty funny to watch. I'm just not good at TV. I just returned a movie to a coworker who lent it to me a good six months ago. I never watched it.

Yep, I'm an odd one .

Mark that's very sweet. I'm sure your daughter is really going to enjoy it, lucky girl.

Tonight for dinner my daughter and I did build-your-own quinoa salad. Mine had beets, walnuts, gouda, apples, kalamata olives, and balsamic vinegar. Hers had many things, here are the ones I remember:

Carrots
Cheese
Pickles
Olives
Honey
Ranch dressing
Ketchup
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Milk
Pepper

She ate the whole thing. Worked for me!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Beautiful soap BD! Makes me want a nice hot shower right now, actually.

Phoebe we've gotten down with some of those coloring books too. They are pretty awesome, and it's something I should do more of probably. I have the same problem with that as I do with watching TV - I have a very hard time with feeling unproductive. I can crochet to relax because I get something out of it at the end, or I can make lotions and such, but if a task isn't productive, I feel guilty spending time on it, and that makes me anxious. It's something I need to work on because logically I know that stress relief is time well spent, but it's just something I struggle with.

It's funny, it drives my husband crazy to try to watch a movie with me because I get up at least 10 times per movie to do things, or I have to be doing something while I'm watching it. I've always been like that. I remember my family making fun of me for it when I was a kid...it must be pretty funny to watch. I'm just not good at TV. I just returned a movie to a coworker who lent it to me a good six months ago. I never watched it.

Yep, I'm an odd one .

Mark that's very sweet. I'm sure your daughter is really going to enjoy it, lucky girl.

Tonight for dinner my daughter and I did build-your-own quinoa salad. Mine had beets, walnuts, gouda, apples, kalamata olives, and balsamic vinegar. Hers had many things, here are the ones I remember:

Carrots
Cheese
Pickles
Olives
Honey
Ranch dressing
Ketchup
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Milk
Pepper

She ate the whole thing. Worked for me!

Your daughter could be a budding chef, Briar; how cute.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:10 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
The dog and I enjoyed drive-thru dinner and are looking forward to a long night's sleep. I tried to go to bed early last night, but I kept waking up... without them here, this house still feels kind of foreign to me. Hopefully, I'll catch up on zzz tonight.

Adding.. Wear those laugh lines proudly, Mark! They're golden!
Seriously Mark, I don't know anyone who looks as good as you do at your tender age. And I don't know if anyone has told you this, but (unfortunately) men just look better and better with a few lines. It isn't fair, but it is what it is.

Drive thru with the dog Conquest? Oh wow. Was he in the front seat with you? Does he bark out his order....one bark for a Big Mac, and two barks for plus fries?

(Can't you just picture it....so funny! )

Briar ~ I have to 'do' something while I watch TV as well, and I also get up a ton of times. After I stopped drinking, I was at a loss for a while, and then I found my emery board works well for me. I can gently file my nails while I watch. I also have a stress ball here somewhere...I must find that.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hello again darling Leigh who has 4 years and 2 months sober today.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi, venuscat. I thought I was ready for sleep but I decided up to watch the news.

Heading up now!!!!!

Goodnight, again.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Wow Leigh, congrats!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I found my stress ball Briar ~ it's soft and has rubber spikes all over it. I don't know why it makes me feel so good to squish it.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning gang and happy Friday morning/night as the case may be!

I got a good chuckle out of Little Briar's interesting concoction. She has a more sophisticated palate than I (...or is it than me?). Too early for grammatical pontification.

And thank you V.....a nice little boost to start the day.

Time for a little self maintenance i.e. gym time.

Wishing each of you the best day.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Mark, dare I say Briar's palate is more sophisticated than mine as well? As for getting up a million times while watching TV, well, that's what the pause button is for. Conquest, I picture your dog in the front seat with you also. Brings a smile to my face. Happy Friday all.