Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 45

Old 12-19-2015, 05:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Toots, evert time I see Molly (or is that Mollie?) in that holiday coat I chuckle. She looks positively smart :-)
Old 12-19-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Well the one nice thing that came out of this last week is that I did get a chance to reconnect with Sherri's sisters and kids. Her kids are doing well for themselves. Everyone knew Sherri had issues and none of them are holding anything against me for our split up.

Now it's time to head to Utah and see my brother, I just dropped Max and Jez off at the groomers/kennel for a spa week. Leaving tomorrow morning and will be back on Christmas Day.

Of course for my arrival the weather is calling for 70% chance of rain/snow Sunday- Tuesday.

I did see a few snow flakes yesterday, I wanted to drive 10 mph and start heading back to Florida, I'll tough it out though.

I'll be checking in during the week.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have a good and safe trip, Ken. And prayers for your brother.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ken, I just read this in a book I'm reading & though of you, even more so after your post:

“According to legend, once the sand of Key West is in your shoes, you cannot go back from whence you came.”

Safe travels and know the Marchers will be with you in thought.

We, good things happen to good people, and you & J are good people. So glad things are going so well with you and your move!

Crazy news this am had me all out of sorts but spent the morning on the beach with the boys and my sanity was restored. Of course I'm in panic mode over Christmas and trying to get everything done but that's par for the course with me.

Trach, well done on dealing with the work party. Imagine how differently the day could have gone if you were drinking.

Toots, I'm right there with you on the wrapping. And haven't even begun on the boys presents yet!

Off to a much needed date night with hubby
Old 12-19-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Trach, well done on dealing with the work party. Imagine how differently the day could have gone if you were drinking.
Knowing y'all are looking over my shoulder and are with me makes life easier.

BuddKen, we're with you.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

have a safe trip Ken
Old 12-20-2015, 09:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Budd, I'm glad you found the good in a really crap situation. It's not the closure you wanted win Sherri, but it is hopefully some closure. Enjoy soaking up the love with your brother.

Babs, how you doing? Doing the aa thing? those steps gave me a new life.

Duff, you are very sweet, thank you. We have a surprise showing on js house tomorrow, fingers crossed!! Well feel a LOT better when this house sells. Your beach cleanup sounds like a blast. Your boys did good! !
Old 12-21-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Safe travels Ken, I know how much you will appreciate this time with your brother. You are in my thoughts love.

Sass, it says 'Santa Paws' on the side of her coat! It is a bit small for her, but I am determined she will wear it for a while on Christmas Day!! She is so tolerant...any other dog would bite me, the things she has to out up with!!

Marcher sorry to rub it in but it has to be said; "Yay! It's the shortest day in the northern hemisphere! Days get longer after today"

Hugs all xx
Old 12-21-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Can't wait for longer days :-)
Old 12-21-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I can't wait for longer days too----I hate the dark---Lights on when you get up in the morning and lights on when you go to bed at night---ugh
My daughter is coming over today and we are going to paint the bathroom--oh lord there is a lot of nook and corners to go around. I hope we get more paint on the walls then the floor. tee hee
Have a great day everyone
hugs
Babs
Old 12-21-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Babs, love the way you sound these days!

I have finally discovered the (for me) huge benefit of posting in multiple places daily. It keeps my recovery front and center and I don't forget why I started this journey :-)
Old 12-21-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks Sass---I do feel much better these days---and I'm just Happy to be sober over the Holidays---and it shows---my daughter would have never come over if I were drinking.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Made it to Salt lake city, its cold and windy here. Just hanging out with brother and his wife
Old 12-22-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad you are with your brother, Ken!
Old 12-22-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Ken --my step daughter lives in Salt lake ---She's a air line stewardess
and she just lost her mom of cancer. darn stuff anyway.
Old 12-22-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Snowing this morning, I'm not a fan, it can stop anytime it wants, or just snow in the middle of the night
Old 12-22-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I wrote a post this morning but when I tried to post it I appeared to have lost connection, though I could connect to any other site and I could connect to SR via my phone. Strange! All is well now but my post was lost.

Hugs all x
Old 12-22-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny Paradise We've had a very late run on our Christmas surge in framing and buying which has kept me super busy -- early mornings and I'm hitting the sack early to cope. The end is in sight though, it's the morning of the 23rd here so ONE more sleep as far as I'm concerned.

We are looking forward to a lovely quiet Christmas for the three of us with extended family coming on Sunday. It will be relatively cool on Christmas Day so I'm going to cook us a (small) turkey and have it hot with vegies. Sunday will be two whole fish with lots of salad.

We've had some super hot days in this part of the world but what is worrying is that I've heard the northern hemisphere is warm for winter? A customer told me yesterday that he's just back from Moscow where there is no snow!

North I thought of you yesterday when we had our longest day, now the days will start getting shorter here and I'll send the daylight back to you.

A huge fund raiser has been started for the woman I told you about who fell down the stairs. The prognosis at this stage is still unclear but she will be in hospital for at least six or seven months. The way the community has rallied is heart warming.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Marcher, happy to hear the end of this holiday rush is in sight for you. Sorry to hear that woman will be in the hospital for months!
Old 12-23-2015, 12:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

My last day today for a week . I think I have everything in hand, anything not bought/done now gets left.

Still not feeling it.

Marcher it has been warm here this year, the Gulf Stream has been bringing unseasonable weather. I have yet to scraper ice off the car. We have had an awful lot of rain though, some poor burgers more than others; flooded out for the second time in a month. Not much of a Christmas for them to look forward to.