Notices

Class of October 2015 Part 3

Old 10-20-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to the group, looking4awagon! Congrats on day 3! And on finding a wagon!
Old 10-20-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome lookin4awagon. Glad you're here.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome from me too lookin4awagon.

D
Old 10-21-2015, 12:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Thumbs up Day 5

Here it is to day 5. Still awake, cannot sleep, watching horror movies and surfing the boards.

Had my first counseling session this evening, it was a group session, but it was good to see that even with all of my issues, there was a lot further down the rabbit hole I could have gone had I not gotten ahead of this disease.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Professional zombie fighter

I haven't posted anything here all day, but I've been reading. Thanks to everybody for the congrats on 30 days

Ahhh, the "thank button." I feel a slight interest in looking at how many "thanks" my posts get, but I figure it's not going to tell me anything real and it's going to upset me if I think about it, so I don't look. But I figure other people look sometimes, so I make sure to thank every post I find particularly resonant. And, on top of that, I just thank every single post on this thread. I figure that on the class thread, which is all about mutual support, we can all use that little extra boost of knowing people are just reading our posts, at least. That's my philosophy

Lots of great jobs done today, sydneyman, dobie, facingfuture, all coming out on top of some very real and tangible temptation. Woot!

I'm just checking in to say I'm going to bed, 31 days. Nothing important happened today, neither for good nor ill. I did figure out for the first time in my life how to use lip liner and lip stick. Makeup is a thing I never looked into before in my life because I used to be naturally pretty. I screwed that one up with drinking and self harm while drunk. Solid job, me. Anyway, lip liner is fun, though, so it's mostly a positive for today. I've mostly come to terms with what I've done to my appearance already anyway.

Double anyway, good night all !
Old 10-21-2015, 02:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by helpimalive View Post
I Makeup is a thing I never looked into before in my life because I used to be naturally pretty. I screwed that one up with drinking and self harm while drunk. !
Funny enough I've never looked into it myself. I wonder if it would work for me a bloke in his late 40s with a shaved head and more sun damage than a raisin. Maybe not.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Funny enough I've never looked into it myself. I wonder if it would work for me a bloke in his late 40s with a shaved head and more sun damage than a raisin. Maybe not.
This was just the laugh I needed for my insomniac self at 4am, thanks Midton! Heck, just for good measure I am going to use the "Thanks!" button too!

Last edited by Nuke; 10-21-2015 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Used the wrong to, too, two
Old 10-21-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Starting up day 2.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey, everyone. I haven't been on in a few days and I'm behind on the thread.

Last I read though:

Help, congrats on 30 days. AMAZING
Key, triple AMAZING!!!

Congrats to you guys. So happy for you.

Juno, you still hanging strong!!??

Grizzly, almost to your big goal day!!???

I'm on day 17, I think.
I think I got over that big awful burst of cravings. I started thinking of all the most terrible, embarrassing things I've done drunk and I cringed and thought, ugh, so don't need to drink. I mean, I took it way back to like 8 years ago and moved up to present. Seriously, I was like, errrrr, you sure you wanna drink, Kel?!
Ummmmmm.... No. Lol

Hope all is well with the rest of you.
I'll get to reading the thread!
Happy Wednesday!!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Welcome lookin4awagon!!

Starting day 4 here. Kind of hard to believe! My plan for the day is to work from 7-4, go to the gym and lift some heavy weights, then to the store to buy dinner (no wine!), and home to enjoy dinner and the evening with my family. No room for drinking in my day!
Old 10-21-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome Lookin4awagon!
Congrats to those just clicking the days by, I'm so happy for you! Keep it up!
Hope y'all have a wonderful hump day!
Stay strong!
Old 10-21-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good morning - Day 11. I haven't made it this far in a while because I've been kind of a "weekly binger" for the whole of 2015. This feels great and it has been easier than any other attempt I've made. Perhaps my brain just said, "Enough. Let's stop this madness."

Today I start getting back into some sort of workout routine. I'm a person who loves and needs to workout, but several events in the last couple of weeks have made it difficult. Getting a cold toward the end of last week derailed the getting back on track further, but no worries - today's a new day. I'm hitting the yoga studio with one of my favorite teachers this morning. Then will slowly get back on track. Without alcohol in my life, I should have a lot more success achieving my workout goals.

I'm having trouble waking up in the mornings when I'm supposed to. It's just so.... dark. I set my alarm for 6:00 am knowing I didn't have to get up RIGHT away, closed my eyes again and the next thing I knew it was 7:18. My son missed his bus and my daughter is going to be late. This has nothing to do with drinking - just the fact that we all like to sleep! Ugh!

Anyway, off to yoga soon. Things could be worse.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Layali
Yes overthinking. I overthink as well, especially about the negative. I play negative tapes over and over in my head. Its simply due to low sense of self, not really knowing what 'normal' is and a lot of deep shame/guilt. It helps me to literally relabel my thinking. Change it. If that doesn't work, DO something, anything, than sit there and think. And mostly, stop obsessing about what other people think. Accomplishes absolutely nothing. The obsessive thinking is a big part of my GAD and certainly a reason I drink. After some sober time, this does ease.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good for you Juno!
Hey Frick!
Old 10-21-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Yay Dobiegirl, love seeing you here as we are on the exact same pace! Hello day 4! It's gonna be a good one! And congrats to Juno, day 11!! And welcome Lookin4awagon!
I love to see that so many of us are into fitness, running, yoga, walking, etc. My running had really been falling off, no time, too much time dedicated to drinking. Yesterday I went for a walk with my husband and son, they had to return home, I felt the urge for a run and got in 3 miles! Not even planned! It was after nightfall, and I kind of loved the feeling of running in the dark (with a flashlight of course!). Felt like I was flying.
So, teaching 2 classes today, then getting the kids everywhere they need to be! Hope to fit in a walk.
Have a great sober day everyone!!
Old 10-21-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Smile Day 3

Good morning everyone! Day three for me! So happy to be here and read all of the positive feedback everyone gives and receives. Gotta get some work done, I'll check back later.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hello all.
Been quit since Sept 1.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Still here.

I'm in mid move. No internet except phone. I really wanted a meeting last night but nothing by me that late. Best I can do right now is the board. Already feeling better, it's like I got my inoculation. Hope everyone is going strong. Everyone on this board lifts me up and I thank everyone for it.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Day 9: Just checking in. A lot of **** to deal with today that I'd rather not deal with. I know there's a foolproof solution to having to deal with things for at least a few hours, but I'm trying to focus on how much of a mess that "solution" will create for me once it wears off.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Welcome PrettyLiar and livingnow!!

Mr Muppet - glad you checked in and got some strength here mid-move. Hang in there - moves can be stressful!

Strong Enough - I think we all know that alcohol makes a bad situation even worse. You can put off dealing with it for a few hours, but once you re-surface now you have two problems to deal with - the original one that didn't get solved by drinking and a new one in recovering from the alchohol abuse. What a nasty trap that is and I've fallen into it many times myself!

Day 11 going well. This is when I need to be on high alert for cravings. They can sneak back at any time. Fortunately I have full plans for tonight - my son and I are going to see the rest of the Back to the Future triology (parts 2 and 3 tonight). They do sell alcohol (beer and wine) at the movie theater. A couple of times I have seen people (mostly parents with young kids) bring a glass of wine or beer into the theater. I have been a little envious at times, but have never given in. I have seen movies before with a buzz and it's just not as good. The plot seems fuzzy and it's hard to concentrate. So I think of the movie theater as an alcohol free zone