Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 5)

Old 06-19-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hi, everyone. Checking in. Slept better last night. Didn't use the nature sounds, though. Put a blanket over the tv screen and put something boring on with the volume down as low as it can go and still be audible. Strange how I need that now and I never did before. After my husband passed, I needed it and while he was alive, he'd needed it and I needed it completely quiet. Very strange.

Anyway, I had the windows open and it was cool and lovely. Now they are closed cause the humidity is rising and I need less stickiness when the air gets thick. Temps are nice though.

I don't know why I talk about the weather so much, but I do.

One thing I noticed when I stopped drinking for almost a month in May and started up again, I started having trouble with hives and acne. I don't think I had any of either of those when not drinking. Not saying my skin was completely clear but it was a dramatic difference when I started up again. And now I notice that the whites of my eyes are taking a long time to show any improvement. Not yellow by any means but not white either.

I remembered that I had bags of organic Chia seeds so I'm soaking a tablespoon of them in some soda right now and I will drink them down in about 15 minutes. They are helpful in cleansing your liver by helping the body flush out fat-soluble toxins. I think I'll take some of those each day for a week or two and see how my little liver feels after that. I'll bet I'll see a big improvement in my eyes too.

Been staying at home and not spending money, which is great. Running out of some key food items so I'll need to go shopping on Sunday, if not tomorrow. I'm dog sitting tomorrow for about 6 hours. I'll earn $50 of easy money and just play with the pooches and hang out on my laptop.

That's all for now. Major (((Hugs!!))) to everyone. Have a lovely and sober Friday.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AllieKat View Post
Copper I don't think I even know anyone who has never drank in their life. Pizza and movie night will be fun! What movies are you watching?
I have only met two people who have never drank. I'm not sure they are human. Umm, we haven't chosen the movies yet. All we know is that it is a Steve Martin, Leslie Nielsen kind of night.

Hi Gina!

Cissy, I hope your little liver gets back in tip-top shape very soon.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice weekend friends
Old 06-19-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Copper442 View Post
I have only met two people who have never drank. I'm not sure they are human. Umm, we haven't chosen the movies yet. All we know is that it is a Steve Martin, Leslie Nielsen kind of night. Hi Gina! Cissy, I hope your little liver gets back in tip-top shape very soon.
We are watching Back to the Future II tonight :-)
Old 06-19-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I love those movies, Allie! Well, not the third one. The first two are great though. We are currently watching The Pink Panther.

I'm so stuffed full of pizza it hurts. But, I'm having a good time.
Old 06-19-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Glad you're having a good night copper!
Old 06-19-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Well guys, made it through the night, watched everyone get drunk and silly, what an eyeopener! Drank water, danced, had fun and no one really cared I wasn't drinking, even my husband once he was there with his buddies. Yay! thanks for the support, you guys are ace! Sorry can't comment on your posts, gotta run to next sporting event (I have too many kids!), but stay strong!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Not all caught up but I will be tonight. Just saying hi! Leaving vacation/family visit tomorrow. I can't believe I made it through this without a drink! The sense I accomplishment I feel right now is better than anything I've felt while drinking haha
Old 06-20-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay strong everyone - you got this

D
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Good job site! That's awesome! You made real memories on that vacation. That's gotta feel good knowing you will remember the entire trip because you were sober. :-)

I'm trying to decide what to do today. I am up before 8 am. Husband is out of town so it's just me and kiddo for a few days. When he gets back his daughter will be here for a few weeks.

No real feelings to speak of today, positive or negative, so I guess that's a good thing. It finally stopped raining here. I can see blue in the sky for the first time since last Sunday.

Time for some coffee!

What do you guys have planned for today?
Old 06-20-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 44 here. Worked pretty late last night, my first real long day of work since starting the new job. It went well though aside from a dumb bartender spilling cabarnet all over my shirt during lunch.

Off this morning, work again tonight. Going to go do some much-needed shopping in a bit. No plans other than that.

Chanty -- so glad you made it through your night. Drunk people are just plain silly and often sad once you detach yourself from your addictive thinking, aren't they? I stopped at a 7-11 on the way home from work last night at around 11:30 last night and there was this guy standing behind me buying a six pack of Heineken who was slurring and swaying and talking loudly about how he had thought his previous visit to the 7-11 was his last for the night but he'd decided he needed just one more six pack before they stopped selling beer at midnight. I'd like to think I never acted like that when I was drunk, but I probably looked even worse at times.

site -- that's awesome you've had such a wonderful and sober vacation. Glad you checked in!

AllieK -- good morning to you! Go catch some rays with the kiddo! Does your daughter get along with your step-daughter? Are they close to the same age?
Old 06-20-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

They are a year and a half apart in age but light years apart in maturity. Lol. It's an interesting dynamic in the house when she is here! They sort of get along. It is definitely a love/hate relationship!

We are gonna hit up a farmers market this morning. :-) Then maybe the pool if the sun stays out.

And I have been that drunk in the gas station at 12:59 pm (they sell til 1 am here) many many times. I know it all too well. The night ppl at my gas station must think I'm dead because I have seen them in almost two months!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hey Class!

Cissy, my skin did crazy things for a while. After I stopped drinking the first 2 weeks I broke out like crazy. One way of toxins working their way out, at least that was my thinking. I had rosacea induced by alcohol, and now I'm on 35 days and I would say it is almost completely gone so things do get better.

Allie, I may take the kids to the pool today too if the rain holds out. I also have a stepdaughter, she is 13. So far hasn't said she hates me LOL! Fortunate to have a good relationship, but being a step-parent has it's challenges doesn't it.

Casey, can that bartender get your shirt dry cleaned for you ?

Have a great Sober Saturday, everyone!
Old 06-20-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Good morning all....just waking up to day 40 here.....WHAT?!?!? No plans today but working on deadlines...ugh. Congrats Site on making it through that! And congrats to everyone for their milestones.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday
Old 06-20-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Ginamarie -- congrats on 40 days!

Dharma -- congrats on 5 weeks! No dry cleaning necessary. It was a black shirt. Put a little soda on it at work and threw it in the wash immediately when I got home. No harm, no foul.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hey, gang! I'm here with the dogs and right now they are snoozing. We went out and played with their favorite de-stuffed toy for a while and now I'm finally cooled off and can enjoy the slight breeze I managed to get blowing through the house.

Can't believe how late other states sell liquor! In CT, it used to be until 8pm and now they generously sell until 9. And Sundays or holidays, they never sold but now they do, until 5pm. Not sure about holidays but they probably loosened their grip on those when they caved on Sundays. Puritan New England. They won't even sell O'Doul's after hours, if you can believe that. It's still classified as beer.

My skin is clear, literally overnight! All traces of acne are gone. I don't know if the alcohol had just left my system by today or if the chia seeds I ingested yesterday helped to detox me. I'm going to take those daily for the next week or two. It's kind of a miracle. (I got the acne during drinking, not after I stopped.)

My car was smoking under the hood as I was driving here today. :/ Damn it. And this woman mentioned to me that her 96 year old mom who likes to go shopping and just go out in general a few times each week is looking for someone to accompany her. I asked if I would be driving her in my car or her's and she said she didn't know if her insurance would cover me driving her car. But my car is 17 years old and scrapes on the ground when there's a little elevation in the road (because when they replaced the resonator on the muffler, I believe they used the wrong one for my model or year) and I also have a leak in the engine (might account for the smoking.) I popped the hood and let the car continue to run when I parked here and it sounds tired. Just plain tired.

I'll go out and check the oil level now that it's cooled off. I'm sure it's low and needs a good top-off so I'll have to buy some on the way home. Poor car. But if I am going to drive this nice old lady around, I will have to be clear that I only have liability insurance on the car and that it is old and tired. If they are okay with that and the old lady can get in and out of my Grand Prix (rides pretty low), then it might be just the answer to my financial woes. Advice on this matter would be awesome. Legally speaking, etc.

I don't know what she'll offer to pay for these outings but this could be great! She says that everyone loves her mom so she must be an alright kind of gal. We shall see if it materializes.

Will replacing struts in a car give it a few more inches of clearance or would I have to do something more than that? I need to get the car higher off the ground to stop all that scraping. I'm sort of used to it and have learned to drive accordingly (tried having the resonator lifted higher with brackets, etc) but not sure how the senior citizen will feel about it, nice old gal or not.

Speaking of bodily improvements I see today, my eyes are definitely clearer. I'm sure the chia seeds have done me some good. You all should try some. Read up on them and see what you think. Especially you, Agag. You're on that health craze and doing so well at it. You must feel like a completely new human being.

I was a stepmom once upon a time. Not a good situation at all. Husband's ex wife lived in the same town. I think stepdad's have an easier time slipping into the family and finding a place but stepmom's have to earn their love when the mom's still alive and well. Anyway, we had our ups and downs. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have probably taken that road. I loved him but man oh man, those were the most difficult six years of my life. The first 3 were pretty awesome and then it was all hell from there on out til he passed.

This post is a book so I'll send it off now. Have an awesome sober weekend. Proud of you who are racking up the days like they are miles on a road trip. And those of you who are succeeding in vacations and going to parties and staying sober, I truly applaud you. <3 My hero's!
Old 06-20-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I forgot to say that I googled acne and alcohol and the reason it causes breakouts is because it causes a hormonal imbalance!! If that isn't enough to make me stay away from booze, I don't know what's the matter with my head.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

You go Cissy! Here they only can't sell it between 2 and 6 am...lol
Old 06-20-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Just quickly checking in here. Gotta go pick up my son from his friend's house. He had a sleepover last night. I've hit 3 weeks today. Longest I've gone in years
Old 06-20-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Way to go, Sansa!!!