Notices

Class of May 2015 (Part 5)

Old 06-23-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hey, Ten!! I was just thinking of you this evening. I'm a fan of Tom Petty. Going to listen to that video right now. So glad you're doing better since joining SR. (((Hugs)))

Planning on having a chill night. Might have another storm coming through later on. Pizza's on the way, too. Have a lovely evening, everyone.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Accounting nerds unite! Love that I'm not the only one here. I never got certified, so I'm not official, but it is what I do for a living

Freedom, if he's really serious then when you take him to AA he should find a sponsor right away to help him. That way you won't be putting yourself at risk. Until he decides to stop I guess his action are a good reminder why you quit.

Casey, I may have to stop by one just to see! I have a feeling German doesn't come across any nicer in AA haha

Feeling really good these last few weeks. I don't know how I had so much time for drinking before because I seem to have no time at all these days! I'm feeling pretty happy most of the time. It helps that I have hobbies and stuff that I didn't enjoy fully before, because even if I sucked it up and did them I never felt 100%. Haven't had any cravings or dreams recently which is a nice break. I'm sure they'll come back eventually so I'm just appreciating this time without them.

Casey I feel like you mentioned the other day. When I look at the time I actually have (one less than Gina, whatever day she's at ) it doesn't look like much, but I feel like I've been sober for years at the moment. Loving it!

Ten glad you stopped by! It's nice to hear from you.

Glad the thread is a little busier today. It's so nice to hear from everyone, even if it's just a quick hello.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi TEN!! Love Tom Petty. I'm glad you are doing better. I hope you'll stick around.

Mcfearless, I agree with Casey and Allie.

Site, ain't no shame in not being certified. My plan is to go for it just cause. Or I may not. Accounting is accounting certified or not.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Spending the evening watching tv and coloring in my coloring book. I must say it is quite peaceful.

Husband is out of town visiting his daughter. I don't even know when he is coming back. Not because we are having problems or anything. There was a change of plans so he is staying longer than expected. Strange to say but him being gone is adding to the peacefulness. That is an odd realization to come to today.

Once upon a time I was a single mom so my daughter and I really only had each other. It feels like that again. I didn't really drink a lot then because I was too busy taking care of her. It has been interesting being back in that mental state for the last few days.

He better come back soon before I realize I don't need him! Ha!
Old 06-23-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good evening all. So nice to see everyone here posting...and thanks for the Tom Petty, Ten....and definitely stick around. I am a nerd also, but am horrible at math, so can't do accounting. Shocking that my finances are such a mess. I envy you accountant types. I still find myself counting on my fingers Look, there's even a little accountant smiley.

I'm off to watch something mindless. Have a great night friends
Old 06-23-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Checking in after a busy busy night at work. Made darn good money again so that's nice. I've already made enough since Friday night to pay next month's rent. That's awesome. Means I'll have plenty of days to put my earnings toward a car. Man, I can't wait to get back in a vehicle.

TEN--good to see you. Don't be a stranger!

site--yeah, it was me who was saying how when I look at 47 days on a calendar, it sure doesn't seem like much, but man it feels like forever in sobriety terms. And I don't mean that in a bad way. My life has changed so much in the last almost-seven weeks. I can't fathom going back to how it was before. And good news is I don't have to. If I keep doing the same things I did today every day, I'll never wake up hungover or still drunk again. That's a wonderful feeling.

Got a long day at work tomorrow. Going to bed now. Glad to see this class being a little more active today! We all need each other. I've started posting back in my old July 2013 class and also in the One Year & Under thread on this same board but THIS is my home for recovery. Thank you for helping to keep me sober one more day, each and every one of you.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Waking up tomorrow to 8 full weeks - and the sober 31st birthday. Boom! x
Old 06-24-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Congrats AGAG!
Old 06-24-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 06-24-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting day 48 now. Obviously nothing new has happened in the nine hours since I last posted on here, but I still like to start my day off right by checking in here. Slept great but could sure use about two or three more hours. Hopefully hopping in the shower in a few minutes will get me jump started.

Work this morning and evening both today. So that's my only real plan for the day. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Wednesday (or Australian Sunday.)
Old 06-24-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

HI everyone. I am off today, and finishing up getting the stuff out of the other house. All that's left is mostly stuff for the trash. I got emotional when I walked through the empty house, which is not like me, I haven't had a good cry in ages. It just wont happen no matter how I want it to.

Anyway, wanted to wish you all a wonderful day. Its a little cooler here, so it feels better. The humidity yesterday was horrible.

Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Heading to the airport in an hour or so. The horse I was riding his morning dumped me, and of course I landed right on my butt before my 15 hour flight! Haha. Glad I'm not hurt worse and didnt fall into rocks (which is what covers about 80% of our trails here), but this is going to be seriously uncomfortable. I've been home for an hour with about 5 different frozen bags of vegetables on various parts of me.

Everything happens for a reason! We had a great ride after I caught him and got back on.

I'll be traveling for the next day or so, so don't be alarmed if I don't check in!
Old 06-24-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Those frozen peas on your behind are going to look awfully funny going thru the airport body scanners. Have a safe trip, site!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Thanks Casey!

Oh, and happy birthday AGAG! And congrats on 8 weeks!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Happy birthday AGAG!
Old 06-24-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday AGAG! Day 44 for me....no earth shattering news to report. I hear you, Casey, I can't wait to get a car as well. Hopefully soon for both of us! Have a good evening guys.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just as I was getting ready to go back to work tonight, I had some absolutely ridiculously strong cravings and thoughts of drinking. I mean, these were probably the strongest urges I've had over the last 48 days. I didn't have time to come on here because I had to get to work immediately. That also meant I didn't have time to go buy a bottle of wine, so that was good at least. These urges were very very strong. I was rationalizing hardcore how I'd be OK if I just had a glass or two. As if I ever knew once I took that first drink whether I was only going to have one more or eight more.

Anyways, the thought didn't last long. I was too busy once I got to work to entertain those thoughts and they haven't resurfaced since work slowed down and I came home.

Glad to be sober right now. Grateful for this class. Grateful for SR. Seven weeks in an hour! Actually, it was right about this time of night on May 7 that I took that last disgusting swig of scotch.
Old 06-25-2015, 02:06 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Awesome work on 7 weeks Casey!!
Old 06-25-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Do your best

Way to go Casey
Old 06-25-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Great job Casey!