Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 14

Old 05-27-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I just wanted to remember that there is something good in the midst of this very tough time.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Administrator

of course congrats to you too Venus

D
Old 05-27-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Wonderful news Briar! Well done!

7 months V !! Yes!

Keep up the great work team.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Awesome, Venus!!! So proud of you
Old 05-27-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

7 months is awesome, V!! I am so impressed with your determination despite so much hardship. You have had a challenging time of it physically and emotionally. I hope things smooth out for you.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
7 months is awesome, V!! I am so impressed with your determination despite so much hardship. You have had a challenging time of it physically and emotionally. I hope things smooth out for you.
Amen.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:32 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, guys. I appreciate it. You have some incredible sobriety here. I hope I'll be able to claim seven months this time, but one day at a time. When I think of never drinking again for the rest of my life, I just about faint. Got to keep my thinking short term for now.

Today was okay. Still feeling a little off, tired and anxious, but clear-headed and productive. I saw my therapist today, and he said I seemed a thousand times better. People at work have also commented that I look much better and asked if I've lost weight. I have, but more importantly, when I'm sober I don't look like I died and washed up on shore three days later.

Not much going on here tonight. I'm tired and decided to honor that by refusing to cook dinner. My family seems to be surviving just fine by foraging for snacks. I had a cupcake for dinner, which did me wrong, so I'm not feeling all that great at the moment. I hope it's just the cupcake. A couple people at work today came down with some ailment that involved headaches and abrupt-onset episodes of vomiting. This I would rather avoid.

So I'd place today in the moderate to good range so far. How's everyone else doing?
Old 05-27-2015, 08:39 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

(((Briar))) ~ Just because. ♥

If I thought about not drinking for the rest of my life I might pass out as well.
I don't think about it. I just think about today. It's probably the only part of my life where I really am in the moment.

I have a new Netflix show for you that you might like....
It's called Grace and Frankie. Jane Fonda. Lily Tomlin, Sam Waterston and Marton Sheen. 13 half-hour eps. It is REALLY good. I was so grateful to actually laugh....

Thank you everyone.
We are all doing really well I think.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Why am I so tired today? I slept for 8 hours.
Too much on my mind I guess.
So that's how I am today ~ sleepy.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I have had a sleepy week also, V. Sleeping pretty well, but just feel so tired when that alarm goes off. Today, I hit the snooze. I usually listen for my daughter to be up, and if I hear her spoon clinking in the cereal bowl, I hit the snooze. I was sure i heard her this am, but it must have been birds chirping through my ear plugs. So, it was a mad scramble for her, but she got up and out the door in 15 minutes! I felt badly. She is good about getting up, but I am her backup at 6:15 am.

I have had some lingering belly issues after that cyst flare, and I think that takes the wind out of my sails. Just not feeling top notch, and needing ibuprofen, which maybe makes me tired?

I feel off to a good start today, though. Tummy best its been in 2 weeks, and took a quick lap around the block after daughter left, but before son was up. I always feel accomplished if I do even that 13 minute lap fist thing. Then, anything else I do gets my to at least 30-45 minutes of exercise for the day. Think I will do it again before my shower.

It has been a beautiful summer-like week, and the AV is chattering away in my ear. Just putting that out there. My plan is to stay focused on health, eating well, especially after the tummy flare I have had. Work on exercising daily, in some way, and getting busy into a few hobbies, maybe plant a few veggies this week/weekend, before it is too late.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

You are such a wonderful mum phoebe.
And although I'm sure you were before you stopped drinking, it just sounds like you do it all with such joy now. And you manage to get a walk in early in the morning...or two. Could you/would you have done this in days gone by?

I don't think ibuprofen makes us tired. I think it is that we are truly engaging in our lives, and I know (for me) that it can be a little overwhelming. Sometimes I just don't want to get up and do it all.

On that note, time for bed.

Love to everyone. ♥
Old 05-28-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Thanks, Venus. It is nice to hear some say I am a good mother. I try. I do love it. But I hate the drudgery of keeping up the house! That really does depress me because none of us are naturally tidy and I live with 3 hoarders!!! It sounds like a funny thing, but I don't function well with lots of clutter. It seems to clutter my brain.

I did some impressive purging in the weeks before our vacation. I need to get back at it. I even sold a few things on a Facebook yard sale page. I know I would be happier with more organization and tidiness around here.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

V thanks for the show tip. I'll check it out this weekend if I can carve out some time to myself.

Phoebe sorry you had one of those mornings. It happens sometimes. Sounds like it all worked out and you even had the opportunity to care for yourself a bit. It's tough for a parent to make all that happen. Good work.

On the agenda today is my PTSD group and work. I'm burning through so much work and feeling good about it. I even don't want to leave at the end of the day because I want to get more done. I've got my inbox down to 50 emails that need dealing with (from 600, ugh), and I hope to work through those today and then head to the court clerk's office to find out whatever happened to several documents I submitted a while back. I swear, giving things to the court is like launching them into a black hole.

Where are our guys?

I hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Tired is the name of the game folks. I can relate Phoebe and V. You would think not drinking for eight months would allow you to wake up every morning effortlessly. We just feel everything more now. I've been like this for years I'm sure. Just never noticed. And coffee doesn't do a damn thing to wake me up. Tea is nice, but is getting old. I need to find another alternative. Right now it's yogurt and fruit first thing then tea. Maybe I need more?

And yes. Thinking about not drinking for the rest of my life isn't an option. That's enough to make me go plum loco!
Old 05-28-2015, 02:03 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Went out for dinner with my walking group last night. It was a BYOB restaurant with lots of wine flowing. I stuck to water and it was a complete non-issue. I like that.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Thinking about forever makes me give up. I cannot let myself think of it anymore. It is so hard though.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hey gang,
Work is, well, work this week. Ushering in some changes that I hope and expect will pay off, but it's been a tiring week. Family is still away. Our annual Beach trip coming soon and I want to look forward to it, but my willpower will be tested and I have mixed emotions about it. I completely lost my accumulated sobriety there a few years ago. Ok, enough of that. I'll think about it later.

So the little bluebirds have been busy. I saw the mama bird leave just now and took a peek. Wishing all the best to the team.

Last edited by Mark1014; 05-30-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Wow, 5 eggs!

You can do it, FAD, you have a lot of solid time. Having that solid time helps.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

How much sober time did you have before you went last time FAD? My guess is that things are a lot different this time around.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith in you FAD. Be the person you want to be

D