Notices

Class of April 2015

Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Im in. Day One, again, after a 12 month relapse. I've been drinking daily and put on 15 kgs.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesSquire View Post
Hi Failed the January Class after two months so I'm joining too. Hi Tang, Canguy, 2WT. Day 1 done. See you in the morning. James
Yes I'm a January dropout, here I am in April

I'm done with this roller coaster.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I relapsed after being in March but I am back.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm in! I had a baby back in September. Then to my surprise postpartum depression hit (I've never had it before) and slowly started drinking again. I've had enough of this crap! I'm a wonderful wife and mother when I'm not busy sneaking drinks. So here I am!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to all the ppl joining the class
Old 04-01-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

So I guess we're all a bit raw? I hope no-one tries to prank us today.

My AV tricked me into relapsing. I had quit drinking but kept smoking pot, a lot less than usual though, and was planning ahead, to quit that today. So my AV thought, since you're gonna start at day 1 again, you might as well drink for a couple more days? I never thought it would feel this bad. So I gave AV the finger, and quit a day before my planned date.

Quitting pot makes me a cry-baby. Luckily, for me, the day is nearly over, but I still have to see my pony today and will be hiding behind huge sunglasses.

Good luck to everyone just beginning their day. Be nice to yourselves. It's kind of amazing what we're doing.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey Folks...I need a home for the next 30 days....(and longer)..I have bee SR for a long time and finally decided I need to stop completely.....and April is the month..
Jim
Old 04-01-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

Welcome, new members, and glad to see all my old friends!

I am from class October 2012 and I can talk like forever how amazing this place is. How it has changed my life, how much I owe to the support and understanding of its members, and how when I feel lost and scared I come here to and unfailingly feel better after.

My very best wishes to all who's decided to start and re-start sobriety journey.

Best wishes to you!

P.S. Jeni, Jim - guys, always here for you)
Old 04-01-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'd like to join as well. I went three months sober and then drank yesterday so I'm on day one again. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I haven't thought about drinking at all today, but I'm not going to get lulled into a false sense of security...

My weekends are difficult. What I do now is mix everything up a little. I treat myself with choc and a magazine on Fridays then I go to AA meetings every Saturday and Sunday during the day. So far that is working.

I hate the anxiety and depression that hangovers bring. I really don't want to feel like that ever again.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I joined the Mar class late in the game, so I think I'd like to start out on a new mo., if no one objects.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

This link is very useful and can be printed off to look at whenever you need

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 04-01-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm in if you'll have me. Been playing around with this sobriety thing for a few months with limited success. Time to get a real plan and a tool box ready! Nice to meet you all.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Tokidoki
Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Early morning here.

Tang ... we fell off our bikes so lets back on it again. It's a hard thing to beat, any success is better than no success.

I going into dangerous territory as I'm going camping with some heavy drinking friends but I know my wife will support me. I can't get out of this one. Unless I can get signal on my phone I'll talk to you guys after the Easter weekend.

Havagoodday everyone,
James
Old 04-01-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning all.....

with a call out to my friends from the January Class, JamesS, Tang and 2WT.....(.James you did well to make 2 months...)

Day 2 kicking off....slept okay.

Easter is the first immediate challenge. A five day weekend....I'm fine during the working week but the weekends are tough. So......gonna have to try and get out of here a bit more.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

My wife told me I had to quit this morning and has just left me this evening....not a good day....didnt have a chance to make the change not that I deserved it or had the fight in me.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

It's what you do from here that's really important marathonman. Your wife is doing what she thinks is best for herself and your baby.

If you get and stay sober now, your son won't ever remember or know you as an alcoholic. Whether you have a future with your wife or not, he deserves to have his Dad in his life.

Use this as a springboard to put every ounce of energy you can into building a sober life. For all of you x
Old 04-01-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

MM

So sorry to hear that.....

But maybe she needs to see you make the change from a safe distance.

There is some standard proven advice about separation, called 'The 180'.....which roughly includes don't beg for her immediate return, making all kinds of promises. Rather concentrate on getting yourself right and letting her see you achieve it. You have a new child. She is unlikely to totally cut off contact I'd hope. This gives you an opportunity to show her.......not just tell her.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Marathon Man I'm so sorry about your wife. By quitting drinking your actions will show her how much you want this for you and for your family. Maybe some marriage counseling as well could be helpful.