Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 45

Old 04-04-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks sass and babs.

I've been sitting at work wanting to drink all day. Part of me is like screw it just drink and start over again. But the other half knows I'll just be hungover and miserable.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fight it BF. There's nothing a drink can't make worse y'know?

D
Old 04-04-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I bought junk food and Am now full and tired. Glad I didn't give in to drinking today
Old 04-04-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me too BF

D
Old 04-05-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hang in there BF, I know things have been a bit up and down with your friend lapsing and work being hard, but your sobriety is strong enough for you to come here and seek support In the past you would have just slunk away for a few days and come back with an apology. I know you don't want to drink, and 9 months of sobriety is a heck of a reason to hang on in there love.
I have your back sweetie, skype me if you want, or if you've a fruity tablet or phone you can FaceTime me. ( now if that doesn't scare you sober I don't know what will!) x

Belated congrats on 22 months Carlos

And super congratulations on 10 weeks WWS

NYMets, I found counting the benefits in early recovery helped me to focus, and remember to spend some of that hard earned on something to 'reward' your sobriety. To many of us, alcohol was a reward for anything we felt deserved recognition, and we need to learn to replace that reward with another, so that we still feel that sense of achievement. So a CD, DVD, cinema, whatever floats your boat. Something you wouldn't ordinarily spend money on but would like, well go buy it, you have earned it, and every time you look at it, you have another tangible reason to appreciate your sobriety.

Happy Easter those undies who believe in the Easter Bunny.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

BF, I'm really proud of you for holding your ground.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Gilmer I aint no doctor however it sounds to me from your postings that your father is ill and is very fortunate to have you in his life.

I am of the belief that in a situation such as ours we can do our best on a daily basis, practise self compassion and repeat

your friend

v
Old 04-05-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Thanks sass and babs.

I've been sitting at work wanting to drink all day. Part of me is like screw it just drink and start over again. But the other half knows I'll just be hungover and miserable.
don't give in booze free the price is high and you may not start over again

v
Old 04-05-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good for you not drinking BF
Old 04-05-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

(((BF))), happy you made it through that big temptation! You are worth it.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:58 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

BF - Great job finding a way to get through the night sober. One thing that helps me is reaching out to other alcoholics. There's always an AA meeting, or SR, or friends in recovery who can help you shoulder the burden that's triggering you to drink. One of the most significant changes in my life when I transformed from a drinker to a non drinker was asking for support. I can be there in what ever way, shape or form that you need me. Please don't hesitate to reach out.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

Thanks for the 22 mos well wishes.

WW, good show on the 10 weeks, super accomplishment!

BF, so happy for you. Probs something eating at you? Maybe that accident...always a traumatic experience to be in a crash. Check that off the list of trying to sidetrack your precious sobriety too! Hit a meeting and I bet they will talk about just the right thing. It always happens that way...bizarre.

((Gilmer)), my heart goes out to you. Nothing - nothing was a difficult in my life as dealing with the dementia in my Dad's life. I'm always available to PM if you want to chat.

Met man, looks like you had a good evening with the ncaa. I loved that Ky-Wi game...soo good!

I am off to visit family, hit an aa alcothon with meetings all day on the odd hours and Easter meals on even hours. Then, off to hit a bucket or two or play 9 with my cousin. 60 plus today - yay!!

Enjoy, Undies...

Carlos
Old 04-05-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon Unders
Old 04-05-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

you go Carlos !!!
everyone --have a great day---we have sooo much to be thankful for and
being sober is one of them.

Babs
Old 04-05-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Babs, well said!! I too am so grateful for sobriety and recovery in my life, and certainly the many like-minded's that I have been so fortunate to meet on this journey!

I am just one simple turn of the elbow away from pain and misery again...I must NEVER EVER forget that!
Old 04-05-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

IWLSAST, yeah, I sorta hit the jackpot with what I needed to happen to win money. But more importantly, it was just a ton of fun and felt great being 100% sober at the event.

Today is dragging a bit being in a city I don't know well on a holiday that I don't really celebrate, but no desire to drink, despite it being a somewhat easy choice given some of my friends out here are planning to casually drink today. Got a nice jog in this morning and just walking around now. Spend some time doing work for my job as well as some homework.

It's nice letting real emotions be felt. I'm actually pretty jittery about the game tomorrow night despite the fact I'm not playing, haha. Guess it happens quite a bit as a sports fan. I'm just pretty used to alcohol being so involved in sports fandom.

I have zero regrets about anything I've done recently and it's nice having anxiety over a silly sporting event than what I did while blacked out.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm not big into the sports culture, but last night I went to a live show in a theatre downtown--and the lobby had a big bar! I grew up with a similar theatre in my hometown, and it never had a bar! Restrooms with couches, yes, but not a bar! Go figure!
Old 04-05-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Thanks for all of the support yesterday.
It's been a pretty mellow day today. Did some grocery shopping and took a nap. I've been keeping pretty busy the past few weekends so it's nice to have a mellow day to relax. No big Easter plans happening.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congrats on 22 Carlos, in case I missed saying it!

Been a tad busy here, but now that Easter is over I can relax... no singing for at least a month... my own doctor's orders!

Need to go back and catch up on the Undies and the Overies!
Old 04-05-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

This is probably going to sound bad, and I expect no one to be proud of me... But, I survived 4 days of my families heavy drinking over ester without getting drunk once.... did I drink, yes, a couple "cheers" and a couple beers, but I could have gotten wrecked every night the last 4 days and i didnt, so I kinda call that a win, really this has been almost 7 days of light drinking, I know this is not ideal, but its much better then what I was doing before, long term I wish to be able to not drink at all cause I know how weak I am.