View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hang in there BF, I know things have been a bit up and down with your friend lapsing and work being hard, but your sobriety is strong enough for you to come here and seek support In the past you would have just slunk away for a few days and come back with an apology. I know you don't want to drink, and 9 months of sobriety is a heck of a reason to hang on in there love.
I have your back sweetie, skype me if you want, or if you've a fruity tablet or phone you can FaceTime me. ( now if that doesn't scare you sober I don't know what will!) x

Belated congrats on 22 months Carlos

And super congratulations on 10 weeks WWS

NYMets, I found counting the benefits in early recovery helped me to focus, and remember to spend some of that hard earned on something to 'reward' your sobriety. To many of us, alcohol was a reward for anything we felt deserved recognition, and we need to learn to replace that reward with another, so that we still feel that sense of achievement. So a CD, DVD, cinema, whatever floats your boat. Something you wouldn't ordinarily spend money on but would like, well go buy it, you have earned it, and every time you look at it, you have another tangible reason to appreciate your sobriety.

Happy Easter those undies who believe in the Easter Bunny.