Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 4

Old 01-31-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Wharf, hang in there <3

Good morning all! Hope everyone is well. I woke up to day 3 today, heavy wind and light snow. I'm not at all looking forward to the commute to work today, but what are you gonna do, eh?

My boyfriend has a show tonight at a club and while I'd like to get out and socialize, I'll probably end up staying in to avoid temptation. I've gone to shows MANY times and not drank, but I don't want to risk it. He understands, of course, and only wants me to be comfortable. It's not like I haven't seen him perform countless times!

Hang in there, all!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats immri

there will be other shows Alphabet - when you're stronger

welcome back Tang

D
Old 01-31-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Thirty-One

Starting day thirty-one now.

Yesterday was ok. After posting in here at four in the morning, I ended up not being able to go back to sleep until almost seven because I couldn't stop coughing and my throat was killing me. When I did finally sleep I crashed hard and slept for another four or five hours. So I ended up calling in to work one more time as my throat was still on fire. Good news is that my throat finally started feeling a lot better in the afternoon and now I think I'm officially on the mend. No thoughts of drinking.

Plan for today is work, come home, rinse, repeat. It's supposed to rain here all day so I'll probably curl up with a good book.

Congratulations to all who made it thru Friday (or Saturday for you upside down Australians) sober and welcome to any newcomers! I check in on this board, and this thread in particular, at least ten and usually twenty times a day. Every time one of you posts you are helping to keep me sober too. Thank you for that!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Just checking in as present. Best thing happened last night - I slept through the whole night (and I mean WHOLE night) without a sleep aid. I feel kind of groggy but good. It's like a break through for me. LOL

Tang - nice to see you back

Millie - I hear you and in a similar boat - got to figure out what to do with 15 years of marriage - what's the best for me, the kids etc.

welcome to the new comers.

nice to see you again Nash, color, MITA, Alphabet, CaseyW, Ting, Jojo, saoutchik, and everyone I didn't mention but think about often.

Where's Robinson?

Going to get to the YMCA this afternoon and the mall tonight to get oldest daughter a Valentine's Day dance dress.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Holy crap! I don't know how I made it through last night but I did. Bad cravings and that 'oh just one drink won't hurt' way of thinking. Thankfully by the time I got home from work I was sleepy.

Day 14 for me. So glad I got through but that was the worst for me yet. Hopefully tonight I won't experience that. Going to lace up and pound it out on the treadmill.

Jojo
Old 01-31-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Poof
Old 01-31-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Resolutely Staying Sober ODAAT

Nuke - 22 - Super Bowl Sunday tomorrow, glad I don't have any plans to go to the bar or party! It will be a good day to be in the garage finishing up the table I have been working on! Have a good Saturday all!!
Old 01-31-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Until It Sleeps

Day 14- enjoying being out and about. Except I've been sitting at the tire store an hour just to get a rotation and balance done.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Class of January its the 31st and tomorrow is February i want to let each & every one of you know that you are all truly awesome it has been so good seeing so much progress being made in so many lives

its been a privledge to see keep up the fantastic work
Old 01-31-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Teebee: Thank you! :-)

Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
I am back after another failed attempt at drinking normal. It ended up with me getting beat up in a bar last night at 2am and then my wife threatening divorce. I have a plan and a support system I just need to use it. Please wish me the best, as I wish that for all of you. It's great to have a place to share...
Wharf Rat, wishing you the best and we are all so glad you are here.

Today is day 31, an unbelievable feat for me. I'm having cravings, but not for alcohol, more like for being outside and doing things, so I have spent the past day getting out of the house as much as possible (but it has been raining so no bike riding). I guess I just feel terrible at having missed out on so much in my life and sort of wish I could turn the clock back. But that is not possible.

Anyway I have been away from this forum for a whole day and I've missed everyone a bunch. Glad to be back and so happy about how hard we are all working.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hello Class of January its the 31st and tomorrow is February i want to let each & every one of you know that you are all truly awesome it has been so good seeing so much progress being made in so many lives

its been a privledge to see keep up the fantastic work
Soberwolf, I know I speak for everyone when I say that your support has been invaluable. We can always count on a "Thanks", or a helpful link, or kind and welcoming words from you.

Thank you!
Old 01-31-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation Thread moving!

Congratulations TryTry

Congratulations too all the two weekers

for all those who don't know what happens to this thread in February...

the thread continues, as is, but moves to the Daily Support Forum.

The new Class of February thread will take your place here in Newcomers forum.

It's the morning of February 1 here, but I usually wait until the late afternoon (my time) to make the change, so as to accommodate other timezones

I'll put in plenty of redirects so, hopefully noone will get lost

D
Old 01-31-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Everone
It February 1st here right now, 7.45am. It's a beautiful Sunday morning on the deck, everyone else is sleeping in, kangaroos in the backyard and the birds are really noisy. The sun is already quarter way up and not a cloud in the sky.
Including today I still have 5 days to make it 4 weeks.
Last night, I was reminded of a friend who gave up smoking 22 years ago. He's motivatation was that he put the money for smokes away and buy a boat when it came to that. He succeeded and still good.
I started last night to write down how much I would have spent in the last 3 weeks and was floored. I've been eyeing off a fish finder for my boat but couldn't justify the cost. Now I can, 5 weeks and I'm there.
It has given me more of a motivation, not to drink. I've just made a log book. I'm going to lunch with friends and the cost of the alcohol I would have drunk will be logged.

The other motivation is that you guys are trying so hard, I keep thinking of Class 2015, I think of as 'Team2015'

Glad to hear, everyone's doing fine ... Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Old 01-31-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Blew it Day 28.
My choice.....so I'll wear it.
Tipped everything left down the sink this morning and start over for February. Feel like death too.....the pounding heart, gut cramps. Hole up on the sofa and wait for the worst of it to pass.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by JamesSquire View Post
I started last night to write down how much I would have spent in the last 3 weeks and was floored. I've been eyeing off a fish finder for my boat but couldn't justify the cost. Now I can, 5 weeks and I'm there.
It has given me more of a motivation, not to drink. I've just made a log book. I'm going to lunch with friends and the cost of the alcohol I would have drunk will be logged.

Cheers
Doing the same thing--I'm saving my drinking money for an HD projector and movie screen so I can set up a home theater. Can't wait to watch movies and play games on a 120"+ screen! Should have enough saved by the end of this week that's about to begin.

And I ditto the thanks that others have given to soberwolf and Dee. Your sharing of your experience, strength and hope has made a huge difference so far.

Sorry to hear about your drinking, canguy, but glad you immediately came back in and admitted it to us. That takes courage. When I drank again after 69 days back when I first joined in July 2013 (still my longest sobriety stint since I started drinking in 1999), it took me over a year to find my way back in here. I still have trouble looking at my old July 2013 class thread though--too many woulda coulda shouldas there for me right now though at the same time it makes me smile when I see how good some of those folks are doing.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

what led up to it, canguy?

D
Old 01-31-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Arrow

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Blew it Day 28.
My choice.....so I'll wear it.
Tipped everything left down the sink this morning and start over for February. Feel like death too.....the pounding heart, gut cramps. Hole up on the sofa and wait for the worst of it to pass.
Hope things get better as the day progresses, I lost it at 28 days last time I tried. That's why I still feel it's early days for me.
Today is a new day
Old 01-31-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

....thanks guys.

What led up to it? Guess I had been too focussed on the magic 4 week point. And once I got there it was on.

Crazy really.....I've been keeping a daily journal and looking back over it is looking back on a very happy time.

Weekends are the hardest time for me. I live on my own and the weekends can be long......

So.....for Feb I'm going to have to try and get out more.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sugar77

Hi Everyone,

First day on these forums, so wanted to jump in before the feb thread starts. Nearing the end of day 8 alcohol free here. So down today and i don't know why. Made it through my first night out last night,went for dinner with friends,who were drinking. It was ok for the first 3 hours but then i got so anxious and wanted to leave but i had said i'd drive people home, so of course "oh we are just having one more" etc etc
At about midnight I said,i was leaving so they came with me then,but all the way home in the car " Why can't you just drink in moderation" "why can't you just have a few?" Even though i've clearly explained why.And they know me well enough to know why!
Anyway it's a bit hypocritical of them because two of them have a problem with alcohol. One turned up at my house today,because she had left her phone in my car and looked dreadful,said she had kept on drinking once she got home from our night out,said she had to take a valium this morning, she felt so bad. She had her eyes covered with big sunglasses and i felt so happy for once i wasn't feeling like she looked.
Hope to join you on the feb thread, and continue on my sober days.
Goodnight
Old 01-31-2015, 03:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Sugar nice to meet you