Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 4

Old 01-31-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sugar

yeah can - I think it's important to keep occupied and fulfilled.

You don't have to be a hermit to avoid alcohol - there are tons of things that don't need alcohol at all

there are a few ideas here to start you off:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ething-do.html
D
Old 01-31-2015, 04:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi guys Have managed to keep sober for the 5th day running, so am a teeny bit proud of myself seeing as weekends are usually heavy drinking days Thanks for the love and support here x
Old 01-31-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sugar77

Thanks so much,some great tips there, I get to the gym a few times a week and will take on more of the classes they offer there, my husband says i come back like a different person. Exercise has been so important to me for my mental health, before anything else.Also I'm addicted to cooking and baking so when I feel agitated and antsy,i cook,no matter what time of night it is.
I'm so tired, not sleeping at all, my husband says I was jumping and jittery all night, tossing and turning, hoping this passes soon.I could feel my body twitching, I'm sure it's all part of getting AF Thanks again
Old 01-31-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I keep forgetting to check in here. Day 14 and feeling kinda bleh. Could be the winter is getting to me alittle. Its to darn cold out to do anything outside and I'm not a fan of being couped up inside. Oh well spring is only 3 months away here or that's what it feels like.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks, Immri!

I will have 2 weeks tomorrow. Getting apprehensive as that is when my AV kicked in hardcore last time I slipped. But this time I am aware of the danger of complacency. And I just got a sponsor today! So I am feeling optimistic that this time will be different.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome Sugar! Glad you found your way here. This is a wonderful group, so supportive and with tons of helpful advice.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Starting day thirty-one now.

Yesterday was ok. After posting in here at four in the morning, I ended up not being able to go back to sleep until almost seven because I couldn't stop coughing and my throat was killing me. When I did finally sleep I crashed hard and slept for another four or five hours. So I ended up calling in to work one more time as my throat was still on fire. Good news is that my throat finally started feeling a lot better in the afternoon and now I think I'm officially on the mend. No thoughts of drinking.

Plan for today is work, come home, rinse, repeat. It's supposed to rain here all day so I'll probably curl up with a good book.

Congratulations to all who made it thru Friday (or Saturday for you upside down Australians) sober and welcome to any newcomers! I check in on this board, and this thread in particular, at least ten and usually twenty times a day. Every time one of you posts you are helping to keep me sober too. Thank you for that!
Congrats Casey w! Way to do 31 days! I am right there with you!
Old 01-31-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can make this time different Unfrozen

D
Old 01-31-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Much better tonight. Laying on the sofa watching hockey. Not even a hint of a craving, unlike last night. Very relaxed and at peace. So thankful to everyone here.

Have a great night classmates.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Day 13 check in. A good day overall--did some blogging and went to a stained glass shop to get scrap glass for a mosaic I'm starting. It's nice to feel inspired to do artistic projects again!

Felt vaguely wistful this evening--some nostalgia about wine drinking, and little jolts of anxiety as the idea of "Never Again" kept arising. Did my best to redirect my thoughts but I'm still feeling out of sorts
Old 01-31-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get both easier and better Unfrozen. 2 weeks is awesome but it's the beginning of the journey

D
Old 01-31-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your Graduation to the new forum guys

Old 02-01-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I feel better today than I have in some time. It might be that I'm getting better quality sleep. I was productive today and now I'm going to watch tv. I had a few cravings but I keep reminding myself that if I don't take the first drink, nothing bad will happen. And it's always bad when I drink. I think that's what i have to focus on - if I don't pick up the first drink, there won't be a second, and a third etc.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:06 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Graduation day for us!! Wooohooo!! Ha

TigerLili, glad to hear you are feeling good and sleeping better. I seem to be on the same track. The last 3 nights I have slept better than I have in a long, long time. I thought my sleep issues were just part of getting older - most of my friends complain of sleep problems, a few take prescription sleep drugs. I hope this better sleep continues, I feel almost like a new person.

Happy Sober Super Bowl Sunday everyone. Go Pats!

MITA

Last edited by ManInTheArena; 02-01-2015 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-01-2015, 05:14 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Woooow we made it Day 30 or 31 I don't even care! Just made the whole of january sober! Had a good weekend. Some feeling feeeeelings moments but quite insightful actually. I've just faced up to the the glaring holes in my life. Lack of social life, energy, purpose, career sort of blowing around in the wind etc... Good thing is I am sober and able to address it all realistically. Feeling quite excited actually about building up my life from the ground up.

Been busy so I'll catch up with the thread! Do we continue to post here or in February?
Old 02-01-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

The February thread is for those quitting in February

D
Old 02-01-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The February thread is for those quitting in February

D
Can we fail out of this class into February? Somewhat tongue n cheek, but wondering for people who lapse should they stay in their original class?
Old 02-01-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Wow February. I'm so excited that I made it the whole month but for some reason a little sad we got moved. I know why and it makes sense just a bit of... Well I don't know... Just sad. Just an observation - not stressed or anything.

Cold here today and thinking about snow tubing with the kids today if it's not too crowded. We picked up stuff to make for the game tonight (staying home as a safety measure) and going to have the kids help make some "game food". Should be fun. Fell asleep last night again with no sleep aid and I feel good - a bit foggy in the brain but good - releived that I can fall asleep by myself again and sleep through the night.

Tang - as long as you didn't drink and last day of January aren't you still with us? And it sounds corny but there are no failures as long as you keep trying. Just set backs.

Yo Jojo hope that bus has snow tires.

Off to get the kids from Sunday school. Take care guys - you're my rock.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Thirty-Two

Day thirty-two starting now.

Yesterday was good. Worked during the day. Went out to dinner with my family when I got off work and then came home and relaxed for a bit before I went to bed very early. Very vivid dreams last night though I don't remember now what they were about. No thoughts of drinking.

I'm finally getting over my being sick for the last week. Thank goodness. Plan for today is work during the day, going to have steaks with my family at their Super Bowl party when I get off. They don't drink so no worries there. I hate football so will probably leave before the game even starts. Might go to an AA meeting tonight. Might not.

Congratulations to everyone who made it thru another day sober. Wishing you all the best for today and I look forward to continuing on this journey with you all.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm still here