Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 4

Old 02-01-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

It's bittersweet! I've come to "know" my classmates so I will miss this thread. Congratulations to everyone and happy graduation!

This has been a wonderful month for me, thanks in big part to all of you and especially to Soberwolf and Dee. Thanks for being part of the only sober January I've had in seven years!

I've been in this struggle long enough to know that it's a bad idea to get complacent but I am feeling very optimistic about the future.

See you in the next thread!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in. Did not get on the forum yesterday. It's February!! WOW!! This is the longest time I've had in 3 years and I feel good. Day 23 for me.

Welcome to Sugar and anyone else I missed. Glad you're joining us.

Canguy, keep your chin up and glad to see you are still with us.

TeeBee,My copy of Drinking, a Love story came yesterday but have not had a minute to even open it..I guess being too busy is good though.Less of a chance of being complacent.

Going to a neighbor for superbowl..kids included. This is a big drinking group but they know I don't drink OR should I say, they think I have been sober for 10 years so nothing should be different.I will walk home if I feel like it. My husband and kids can stay...Maybe I will leave early and start reading?????

Sober superbowl to all and cheers to a new month xo
Old 02-01-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Whew took me awhile to find this thread. Day 15 here, didn't feel quite right in the head this morning so i went to an AA meeting. Feeling better now and getting my eats ready for the bowl of supers tonight. First superbowl i will be sober through in way to many years.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi all...

Having blown January at my 28 day mark I guess I should be joining the Feb class for another go....?
Old 02-01-2015, 11:46 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Well I'm happy for you to stay with us Canguy?

I'm going into Month 2 scary prospect!!
Old 02-01-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi All

Just checking in.

Glad to see so many of you doing so well.

I too would like you, Canguy to stay in this Class.

Cheers
Old 02-01-2015, 02:30 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Can we fail out of this class into February? Somewhat tongue n cheek, but wondering for people who lapse should they stay in their original class?
Originally Posted by canguy View Post
Having blown January at my 28 day mark I guess I should be joining the Feb class for another go....?
There are no 'rules' - apart from please post where you feel comfortable

I think joining a new class can be helpful....but it's entirely up to the individual: you can stay, go, or join both classes

D
Old 02-01-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Watching the game and having some cravings - I think more because I'm having family issues and it's tense in the house. Just riding them out
Old 02-01-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Happy February to my Januarians 😊 Hope everyone is having a fun and sober Super Bowl Sunday!
Old 02-01-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi All.
Day 1 again after a 4 day stint of drinking.
Anyway I don't want to talk about it.
Just wanted to come here.
I feel rotten!
Old 02-01-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey Ting,

Day 1 it is. Then there is day 2. Glad you are back on the plus side. If you ever do want to talk about it, this is the place.

It's about 11:30pm and I made it through Super Bowl Sunday. I'd be lying if I said it was easy. Definitely the hardest day since making through the initial withdrawal. But I'm gonna go to sleep and when I wake up I won't be hungover!

Sundays have always been my day for relaxing, which always meant drinking. I guess I need to find something to fill that space.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Quite a game, too!

MITA
Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Day 14. Went to a friend's house for Super Bowl party. People were drinking gin. Even though I hate gin and had no desire to partake, I still felt incredibly irritable. Everything was getting on my nerves--the TV noise, kids shrieking, dogs slobbering on me, etc. I just wanted to go find a quiet room and curl up into a ball.

Thanks for letting me whine.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Lol unfrozen I hope u dont mind that ur post made me, only cause I know I get quite irritated over similar things.

Day 33 beginning for me. I ended things with the ex again I just couldn't keep it to myself that im not over all the wrongdoings. It sucks to break up even if the relationship wasn't super healthy but its time to refocus on myself my sobriety my son my job my schooling and my blog. Oh yes and I like to try and lose a little weight a long the way. Off to a deep sleep. Stick with us peeps.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:37 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone having a sober Superbowl Sunday!

Unfrozen - someone said a really helpful thing to me once. The important thing is to not drink. There is no requirement to do it with any grace or panache :-) That helps me when I know I'm just a hot mess who wants to yell at everyone to get out of my face.
Old 02-02-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Ting - as long as you never give up you can never lose

Unfrozen events like that will get easier. I just came home from a room of drinking people... and it didn't phase me.

It took me a while to get there tho - and it's perfectly ok not to put yourself in those situations for a while too - build up what I like to call your sober muscles
Old 02-02-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I hope you are all ok.

Today marks a week for me - and I feel pretty good about myself. I know it's only a short accomplishment, but still it's an accomplishment. Really looking forward to Thursday, so I can claim double digits ;-)

If it's ok with ppl, I'd like to join the Feb class and also stay posting here too...

Stay strong!
Old 02-02-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
No. You are part of our class!! Stay with us.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Glad to hear the superbowl was a sober success for those who have posted. I enjoyed my evening with the neighbors (surprisingly) and actually had some laughs reminicing about old times when the kids were young. there was lots of drinking going on and I did have some thoughts of how great that cold beer looked. The ladies all sip their wine appropraitely. I have to remember that i ALWAYS guzzle...sipping anything is not in my repertoire...I made it through and I'm not hungover today.

Home today again in the snow/icy mix. I'll take it. I always find plenty to do.

Happy first Monday of February and here's to a new month to all of us!!! congrats everyone!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day five!! Feeling great aside from a pizza and cola hangover after watching our team win last night

Unfortunately, though, we've got a blizzard going and last night my french press broke. I'm caught inside with no coffee!!!

Hope all my January pals are doing well today!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. On day one of month two here.

I'm going to go back and read up on past posts. Seems like this is a pretty big class.