Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 4

Old 02-02-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Until It Sleeps

Day 16 today, dry and sober. Finally got some good sleep. Needed Benadryl to get me there but I feel pretty good this morning.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Checking in Busy on that filling my life up mode. Just registered to volunteer a few hours a week at a dog rescue centre. I like doggies It'll keep me off the streets!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Thirty-Three

Beginning day thirty-three now.

Yesterday was pretty good. Work was busier than I thought it'd be. That was good and bad. Good because I made ridiculously great money which I needed after a week of mostly not working. Bad because I am still not feeling 100% after being sick all last week and I had a few moments at work where I just suddenly lost my focus and couldn't remember what my next step should be. But I just took a minute and stopped everything until my head was clear again and I was ready to move forward.

Had dinner with the family at their little Super Bowl party. I don't care for football so I left pretty quick after food was served. Came home and spent the rest of the evening glued to my Xbox.

No thoughts of drinking all day though I did have one moment at work where I was serving a guy a tall cold draft beer and the foam was all running over the edge of the glass. I carried that glass with the very end/tips of my fingers trying not to touch it at all and as soon as I left the table, i had to run to the sink and scrub my hand and arm as I didn't want that smell anywhere near me.

Today is my usual day off. I vaguely contemplated trying to pick up a shift at work since I missed so many shifts last week but like I said I made great money yesterday so I'm just going to stick to my normal schedule. No plans for today besides giving my house a good cleaning. It's not dirty right now, just getting a little disorganized.

So glad to see so many of my fellow Januarians have made the transistion over to this daily support forum and are still holding strong. Congrats to everyone who made it another day sober! Let's keep this thread going full-force!
Old 02-02-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ugh – I keep losing my posts before the sites updates – so re-writing this.
Anyway – it was a good night with the Patriots winning but it was hard because I had many more cravings then I have been having. I was happy I stayed home and cooked and did some work when things got anxious. Sounds like MITA and Unfrozen and a few others of us were in the same boat.
MyShadow – it took about a month but I could then finally fall asleep by myself. I’m on my third day without a “PM” pill and it does feel good – hang in there and occasionally try without a sleep aid. Like I said I was about a month out and now I feel like I’m actually “sleeping” again.

JackD
I like doggies It'll keep me off the streets!
That's a great idea. I'm putting a fair amoutn of effort into that filling my life thing up as well. I hope you live somewhere warm.

Hi lovehoops, LLG6 - totally hear you on the relationship front, Jojo - where's the bus?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:14 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning!

The sobriety Magic Bus is still cruising along!

Day 16 here!

Learning all sorts of stuff about myself being sober. It's like having to relearn some things and that's okay.

Finished my work out, now cooling off, then off to shower. I work today 5-10 and I'm looking forward to it. Had the weekend off and I found it was almost too much time on my hands.

So, are we in this thread now? Are we suppose to move to another thread? I'm just confused on the whole matter.

Jojo
Old 02-02-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi guys
Had my dog to the vets today with a suspicious lump.She's having an op to remove it n Wed Usually i'd reach for a drink at such bad news, but am sitting here on day 7 with a fruit juice
Old 02-02-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Evening everyone

congratulations on making it to February. Hope you all enjoyed the Superbowl - by all accounts it was one of the best (unfortunately Arizona is too many hours behind for me) I think there should be more dancing sharks in the world

Disappointing weekend, first of had to visit elderly parents in the back of beyond. Second I had to spend Saturday night filling my Income Tax return -I spilt about a litre of coffee over my receipts (quite a lot of which are ironically for coffee)

My parents live in a creepy small town called Maningtree - it's one claim to fame is that the Witchfinder General was from there, I don't think much has changed
Old 02-02-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post

My parents live in a creepy small town called Maningtree - it's one claim to fame is that the Witchfinder General was from there, I don't think much has changed
Nope never heard of it and I'm in the UK too!

I spent Saturday at IKEA spending all the money I saved from not drinking on new stuff for my home. I did get my new drill out and put up a curtain pole in the dining room with new curtains...this is a major achievement for me

Now I've got to unpack and assemble the flat pack stuff!

Think this is week 5 for me..

Have a good week everyone
Old 02-02-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You havn't missed anything Martina
Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello everyone congrats to everyone reaching milestones today keep up the good work
Old 02-02-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hoping for a positive outcome Candie

Teebee, have you been losing posts since the upgrade - is that what you mean?

D
Old 02-02-2015, 02:19 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Teebee, have you been losing posts since the upgrade - is that what you mean?
I think it's my connection at work. I'll be typing and then when I click "submit" the site hangs and my post doesn't go through. So now if I'm going to write a lot I put it into a word document and then cut and paste. Doesn't happen when I'm at home. I like the avitar - dancing D.

Another business dinner tonight but only with a few folks so I know I'll be okay. Next week's dinner is going to be worse but still doable. I have to find good ways to deal with immediate stressors. (like when a peer annoys me)
Old 02-02-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh I almost panicked!!! I could not find you guys !!!!!!! I only use this site on my phone and for some reason I could only find my January Class off of my old post ... Wheeeee Weeee!!!

Well just got back from my counselor meeting .... Sometimes I feel great when I leave and sometimes I just wish I had that money back in my pocket .....

Hope everyone had a good day and made it thur super bowl

My goal this week is daily posting with you guys to help keep me focused and remind myself that drinking is not an option for me any longer..... I have to for my health and my family
Old 02-02-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Finally managed to catch up on some older posts Tang, Canguy definitely stay here please

Glad your feeling better Casey

Off to bed now - I've just evicted an ENORMOUS spider from the bathroom, a real hairy monster - I hope it doesn't come back looking for revenge
Old 02-02-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So starting about an hour ago I just had the absolute worst cravings I've had since I took my last drink thirty-three days ago. I was really trying to rationalize to myself why it would be ok for me to drink today.

But then I realized I've been laying around all day eating junk food and playing video games, and that thought of "don't let yourself get hungry, angry, lonely, or tired" played in my head. I was definitely hitting two of those--hungry and lonely--and probably had a bit of "tired" going on as well. So I got up and got dressed and walked to the store a few blocks away and bought something hearty to cook for dinner, making sure I went nowhere near the beer or wine aisles. Dinner will be ready in about five minutes and the cravings are gone for now. But it came close. Real close.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
I think it's my connection at work. I'll be typing and then when I click "submit" the site hangs and my post doesn't go through. So now if I'm going to write a lot I put it into a word document and then cut and paste. Doesn't happen when I'm at home. I like the avitar - dancing D.

Another business dinner tonight but only with a few folks so I know I'll be okay. Next week's dinner is going to be worse but still doable. I have to find good ways to deal with immediate stressors. (like when a peer annoys me)
Much to my annoyance I've had to disable all my ad blocks and 'do not track' stuff for SR cos that was happening to me too - there may be something like that on your work computer teebee?

D
Old 02-02-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Opps, i joined Feb class but I think I belong here. I quit jan 4th, so I stay here?
Old 02-02-2015, 06:02 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Sisterbobby View Post
Opps, i joined Feb class but I think I belong here. I quit jan 4th, so I stay here?
Yep! You're a Januarian! Glad you found us again! (Though you can also still be a Februarian too, of course. No rules on this here.)
Old 02-02-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

cool, ill have the best of both months...
Old 02-02-2015, 08:47 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

another sober day for me, i did go to the store and had to walk by my 'friends in the bottle' to get to the bread. Stores really know how to entice you. My friend is one of the VP's for wallmart and she says there are studies and big money is spend on where and how to put merchandise in stores to get you to buy. There is an art to it.
The other day I ask a friend for special cookies, (thinking and trying to rationalize that they do not count)i haven't done pot in years. He said he would get back to me. I cancelled the order after the craving stopped.
I have such an addictive personality, need to find a healthy addition.