lol

D
Old 01-17-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
not a greeter

lol thanks Dee!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't had too much time to post recently, been pretty busy. My days are intact and still building, 9 weeks yesterday. Hard to believe it that long and I am full of mixed feelings at the moment.

I am not experiencing cravings everyday but there are times and occasions when it is almost unbearable. Yesterday was the closest I have come to drinking in recent weeks....my wife booked a night for us to stay in a small hotel on a farm. Country feeling with modern conveniences and all that crap. Anyway we got there at 3pm and the place was essentially a winery, tons of red wine, cheeses and Italian meats. Also the restaurant closed at 7pm and there was literally nothing else to do. No wifi. Tv in Chinese. Miles from everywhere. About 20 other guests getting hammered on bottle after bottle of red wine by the open fire. I sat down with a coffee and had a raging debate with my AV for over and hour. Ate three slices of cheesecake and went out for a walk. At one point I told my wife that I was going to drink for just that night expecting her to condone it but she didn't. She said my whole 9 weeks would go to waste and that I needed to work through it. She felt so guilty for booking it that it made me finally not want to drink and in the end we ended having a nice sober time.

It's january, a tough month every year, and for us new to sobriety it's really tough....then again we are the November class. The class that quit during holiday season. So we chose adversity and challenge. Drinking us not an option.

Nice to see mag back and gyps not breaking despite a really tough situation. Also good to see Dee back. Hold the group together guys and girls, it's early in the year and 2015 can still be an amazing year for you but the hard yards need to grinded out sometime and January seems a good month for that.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

UBN I couldn't sleep so I logged on and am glad to see you are doing okay
Old 01-17-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Wow, that was a tough one, UBN. Congrats on getting through it sober!
Old 01-18-2015, 02:20 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Baby is here, mother and baby doing well....10 fingers, 10 toes. Called him Jake Dylan.....the middle name after my favourite artist the mighty bob. Might not be on for a while as busy but my sobriety is the strongest it has ever been.......ive suddenly got everything in the world to not drink for and not a single reason why it would ever be a good idea to go down that road again.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:25 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats MM!

D
Old 01-18-2015, 04:58 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

That's great news, MM. Congratulations!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Celebrated some birthdays at a bar last night. There was a great local band playing, it was crowded and loud and I drank club soda and had a good time. Nonetheless, I'm not comfortable at bars. Only went because my sister was in town and she didn't want to go alone.

Hang in there, Novembers.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:37 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congrats, MM!!!!!! Magellen- I ended up postponing it until last night. I think last night was my first ever sober first date! We went to dinner, the conversation was great because we had a lot in common, and he asked me to go for coffee after. We talked about our families ,which ended up with me explaining my reasons for abstaining from alcohol. I didn't come right out and say," Hey I am in recovery, but I did say I am one of those people that you never know who will come out when I drink; therefore I just decided to get healthy and make better choices that include not drinking. AA tells you that you shouldn't date until after a year of sobriety but I just miss meeting new people. I am not sure what I want and I will not let anyone stand in the way of my sobriety, as I come first right now. I think I just wanted to prove to myself that my social anxiety is getting better and I could in fact go out and be myself without alcohol( and if that person didn't like me for me, too dang bad)! Proud to say it is day 57 and I made it through something that I thought I could never do. Be myself and love myself around a stranger!!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, just wanted to drop in and say hi! Was thinking of you all!
Super busy but will come back to update!
Xoxo
Old 01-18-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

MM - Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!

Gypsy - still in the lead? That's awesome! Day 70 for me today and feeling good.

Ang - It sounds like a great date. I'm glad it went so well.

Ubn -- That sounds like hell on earth to me. You are a strong man to resist it. But as you say, we are the November class, so would expect nothing less.

It sounds like everyone is hanging tough this weekend - keep posting, guys, and have a great day!!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

MM, congrats!
Old 01-18-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congrats MM...
Old 01-18-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

only good thing I have to say today is I have my laptop back.

It will be day 1 yet again tomorrow, but im playing it down due to im thinking about going back to a AA meeting tomorrow evening.

Guess most important thing happening is the new born jake, congrates MM xx

check into tomorrow on day 1
Old 01-18-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congratulations, baby Jake welcome to the world X
Old 01-18-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Yes congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Marathon Man!!!

Glad you made it through that Ubu. I wouldn't want to be put to the rest like that. Good work!

Hi to everyone. Quick check in... Yes still going strong. I refuse to give up that rising number.

I had planned on taking a class this morning but... Slipped on the ice before I got to my car which was covered in a sheet of it. Decided to drag my wet and bruised elbow, hip & leg inside and bake instead. I'm sore. Pretty much a spaz off the yoga mat lol.

Watched Wild last night with Reese Witherspoon. I enjoyed it very much.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi!

Ok, so a quick update!
Cuba was really great! I did slip twice. 1 glass of champagne on new years at midnight, and one bottle of wine another night. I did manage to read the AA big book and do steps one and two.
The cubans I was with didn't really drink so it was good.
I'm home now and back in school and back to work, going to try 5 AA meetings a week.
Doing well over all and feeling happy about sobriety. My friends and boyfriend are really supportive.

Glad to see our classmates here and hope the missing ones are doing ok xoxo.

P.s Ubn. There were a ton of handsome dark strangers and I spent the majority of the vacation drooling and fighting off cuban men haha.
Good thing I'm not single or I'd probably have come back pregnant
Old 01-18-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Glad you're on track and not pregnant jsbodhi lol. It's great your bf & friends are supportive! That really does help. Even though I'm having relationship issues, I am fortunate that my partner is not a drinker and is supportive too. He came to an AA meeting with me once, and drove me once when I was on crutches and couldn't. Five meetings a week is a good amount, they're helping?
Old 01-18-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Glad you're on track and not pregnant jsbodhi lol. It's great your bf & friends are supportive! That really does help. Even though I'm having relationship issues, I am fortunate that my partner is not a drinker and is supportive too. He came to an AA meeting with me once, and drove me once when I was on crutches and couldn't. Five meetings a week is a good amount, they're helping?
I've only been to 3 meetings since I've been back, but they do help, I'm going tomorrow as well, I think I just need to go more than I do.

Aw! Glad to hear your partner is supportive as well. I can understand how you feel, my relationship hasn't been so good lately, but we seem to be back on track and a lot of it has to do with me staying sober, he goes out with his friends to drink if he wants to, so that works too.
Are you sleeping better?