Notices

Class of January 2015 Part 2

Old 01-14-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Checking in

Day 15 in the books. I'm feeling so much better now--got a lot done today. It's so weird, when I'm sad it feels like it will never end and then it just does and I'm ok again. Glad I didn't drink over it or I'd probably be back on that hamster wheel again.

I'm preemptively stressing about a visit from my favorite aunt next week. I want her to have a great visit and I'm making myself crazy over it. Not sure if I should explain that I'm not drinking or not make a big deal out of it. She's usually a pretty big drinker, hopefully it won't be awkward. I think she's staying at my brother's house, which definitely would be easier.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:14 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Hi guys, just checking in. Day 8 for me.
I didnt get to a meeting tonight so ive been doing lots of reading on SR.
this place is so helpful in keeping me on the right track. Im feeling very much the sugar monster as well the last two days, coke, icecream, chocolate, biscuits I cant get enough.
I never had any of that junk stuff when i was drinking wine......

keep strong x
Old 01-14-2015, 02:47 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates...just checking in.
I did not get onto the forum last night...got home late and very busy.I actually had to go to another of my sons basketball games. I was ssoooo anxious to get there..(that is where i had my last drunk/friday night/at his game/in the bleachers/with the other parents/ i rmember nothing) anyway it was fine. the other parents seemed ok, though i dont know what they said about me friday? i realize that is a consequence that comes with poor drinking choices...

starting day 5 today and feeling great! I will be home alone tonight, so i will be checking in.

welcome to Alynn, jojo1965, robinson andanyone else I may have missed. This is a great place.

Nashv and Alynn...I certainly can identify with hiding from hubby and kids..that constant effort to figure it out was a full time job in itself!

SR has been wonderful support so far..Have a Wonderful sober Wednesday everyone!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Good morning. I joined yesterday but wanted to add some details. 52 yo wife and Mom of 4 who apparently hid my daily drinking very well (lol because people don’t understand why I’m quitting). I tried a few years ago but now my liver enzymes are up and I forget things all the time. I guess wine and vodka will do that to you. So because no one thinks I have an issue people think it’s odd I’m quitting and I’m reluctant to tell them how bad I was.

Anyway - My kids are in a bunch of things. Older ones in basketball and competitive cheer so I understand the hanging with the other parents and drinking too much - of me that’s the cheer moms. Except one. This lady who has been clean and sober for 21 years. I started hanging out with her last year and just kind of confessed that I was an alcoholic. This weekend she said she’d take me to a meeting - I might take her up on that.

SO today is day 14 (yes I’m a New Year Quitter) and hanging in there. Tonights an easy night with just 2 activities for the kids. I’m taking my 9 yo basketball practice as no one really knows me there and right now that’s easier.

Take care all and I hope you have a peaceful day.

Last edited by OnMyWay7; 01-14-2015 at 03:05 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a good day

D
Old 01-14-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Welcome teebee! Congrats on 14 days!!

I'm at 14 days as well. 2 weeks!!! I can relate to people not understanding why you quit. Like you I am a wife and mother who hid it well. I have been able to fool others but I need to stop fooling myself.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:37 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Here. 14 days! Did a shedload of reading last night on supplements for recovery (again). Ordered some melatonin (found a UK supplier yay) and some L-tyrosine (helps raise dopamine levels). Plus some vit b complex and vit c & d. Along with my multi and fish oils. I am going to rattle
Old 01-14-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on everybody reaching milestones

D it is awesome to see you bk !!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:27 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Hi All
Just got home from meeting up with friends at a beach club after school. Everyone was pumping icy cold delicious looking beer and having lots of fun doing that. Yeah I wanted one but I knew I wouldn't have one. I just felt like I was MISSING OUT! Will this feeling of missing out ever go away?

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
Old 01-14-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Whoop Whoop double digits baby .... Day 10

And yes I am doing Victory dance all the way back from the kids bus stop!!! Neighbors probably think Iam already on the bottle at 7:00 am!!!

Hope we all have a GREAT SOBER day!!!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by ting View Post
Hi All
Just got home from meeting up with friends at a beach club after school. Everyone was pumping icy cold delicious looking beer and having lots of fun doing that. Yeah I wanted one but I knew I wouldn't have one. I just felt like I was MISSING OUT! Will this feeling of missing out ever go away?

--------------------------------------------------- "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a day without any new mistakes in it yet?" Anne of Green Gables.-
In all honesty nowadays I feel like the drinkers are the ones missing out Ting...

give it time...we drank for years - change is gradual...but it will happen

D
Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

I seem to have forgotten why I am here. I suppose that means I double down
Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Hey All,

It's been a few days....I am still going strong with no drinking. My husband, on the other hand, relapsed over the weekend on day 8. I kind of knew this would happen, so it's not a big surprise.

I'm just focusing on my sobriety & getting myself back to a healthier weight. Congrats to everyone who has made it thus far.

Hugs, Monica
Old 01-14-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Do your best

Whats up Tang ?

Well said Jt
Old 01-14-2015, 06:04 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hi Nashv, One of my new drinks is seltzer and pineapple juice. Bubbly and a little sweet!!

Try it!!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Way to go Alynn!! Proud of you and happy for your little girl!!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

First off a big welcome to everyone new! So happy to have you!

Nashv – you were right I did feel good when I left the counselor!

Ting – AA meeting in pub hahaha, gotta love the irony in that lol!

TheSouthern1 – Thanks for sharing your experience with AA. I’m getting up the nerve to go and your experience is very encouraging!!

Martina12 – I feel the same way about working to get myself strong first. We will and then we can offer more support to others. I’m looking forward to that too!

Soberwolf – thanks so much for the helpful links and for the amazing amount of support and encouragement you provide the Class with, much appreciated!!

Brighterlife – “How would I have done it hungover? If I had drank last night I would also have spent the entire day anxious and avoiding conversation. Probably chomping down a packet of extra strong mints and feeling like a fraud. I certainly wouldn't have learnt anything and would be drinking again now to deal with the stress of it all.” I so hear ya! I have had countless days like this. Hopefully, we never have another one!

Alynn – “I'm jumping in on this class. I joined SR and made my first real attempt at quitting alcohol forever. Well relapse is sneaky! 1-11 is my forever date. I'm 31 F. a wife who hid binge drinking from husband and 4 yr old daughter. I will not let her grow up knowing me like that. Looking forward to knowing you, supporting you, and getting through this together.” I’m determined to have 1/11 be my forever date too!! 11 is my lucky number so I hope that helps. I’m close in age to you (33), have a young s0n (almost 10 months) and hid a lot of my drinking from my family and friends. I don’t want my son or future kids to ever see me a drunk mess!! Happy to be in this with ya.

I will be back with an update on my meeting with the counselor....
Old 01-14-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
I would love to join you. Need help. Day 4.
Welcome Robinson, Happy to have you!! Glad you joined our ride!!
Old 01-14-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
...to all the January people.

Welcome to the latest arrivals, Alynn, Robinson,

ting, I'm trying cacao....the stuff they make chocolate out of by adding sugar and mikfat. Will see if its the choc or the sugar that affects.

Home again after a quiet day at work and just sitting in the kitchen here, hot southerly outside and the fridge humming away behind me. This is definitely a drinking moment....but I don't really feel it as an urge, or something I desperately crave . This is just one of those slightly flat moments that alcohol would pick up for a short while.

This early sobriety sometimes feels like a very fragile cage. There's not much holding you in there really. I don't find myself thinking how good it would be to drink. I just look at the weary inevitability of what would follow if I did.

Go get busy....Day 13 in the morning

G'nite
So True!! I find myself thinking back and thinking… Wow I wasted a lot of time drinking because I have so much time now that I don't know what to do with. Calling the Ronald McDonald House today to set up a regular time to volunteer. Idle time is not good for me!1
Old 01-14-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

congrats on those making it through these days. I still haven't figured it out. Had 3 beers last night. For some reason, i don't have my old conviction to fight this. I am fighting but it just feels like I am going through the motions.

Thanks for the support