Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 7

Old 12-16-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Omg cat vomit

Jennifer
Old 12-16-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It wasn't me Arbor, it is a brilliant saying by our amazing Ann.
least popped in a while back with the exact quote....

"The difference between a bad day and a good day is about two days."
Old 12-16-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
Omg cat vomit

Jennifer
Yes, lovely huh?
I was about to eat.
Guess I could do with losing a few pounds.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh good. I was right! Cause I say that to myself at times Thank you for sharing it with us. And thanks for the smiley! Your so sweet.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Great to see ya, JL!

I'm so sorry to hear about all the crud going around with the kiddos! Sending get well wishes to all of you.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm with V and Phoebe on the sleep. Need 8 to 9 hours to be at my best.

So with Christmas around the corner, I had a brief moment of wanting to romanticize holiday cocktails, champagne toasts etc. of Christmases past. Three years ago at my mom's gathering, I had to slip away multiple times during the gift opening time to throw up because I had been drinking all day. I remember being relieved that the kids were making so much noise that no one would hear my heaving. Two years ago I drank a six pack before waking the kids for their gifts on Christmas morning. Last year on Christmas Eve I received a couple of nice gift certificates and guess I must have thrown them out in the trash with the wrappings....I had been drinking all day. I was hung over the next morning so I finished half a bottle of flat champagne before everyone got up. Really classy memories. Well, I can't change one second of that but I have learned from it. I'm completely inspired by the determination of this group to stay the course and change our futures for the better. Let's all finish 2014 strong!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

(((fromadistance))) ♥♥

Your past Christmas pain will serve to remind all of us of the dismal places our drinking took us. Yes, let's finish 2014 strong, and begin a new sober year together.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good to remind yourself of that stuff FAD. The holidays are TOUGH. Can't remember a sober one over here. Last Christmas Eve I was hung over from drinking most of the day before prepping for our annual Xmas eve party. Couldn't even enjoy our own party. Could barely drink at first but I did of course. Was then even more shot Christmas morning. What did I do to combat that? Well drink some more because well it is Christmas after all and you need to feel better. Rest is history. Snowball crappy cycle in effect...had the week off too but blew it drinking. Not this year. Not ever again.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Smile

Arbor, it is OVER for me too my friend! Typing that post was a bit humbling, but I didn't so much mean it as negative as I did a reminder to myself of how far I've come. How completely different my perspective is now. How could I ever mourn the loss of alcohol from my life? Not too long ago I would have considered alcohol free festivities a punishment. I almost have to laugh at how pathetic my thinking was.

Snowball crappy cycle officially broken.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

That's right buddy. Right there with you. It's crazy alcoholic thinking. I can't even believe it at times that was me. I'm glad you shared that. It made me think about it and share too. We are getting stronger together. Let's enjoy it!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

^^^ Ditto!! ♥♥♥

as in I'm glad you shared from, and it made me remember some things myself....
Old 12-16-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

No more holiday snowballs, I love it !
Old 12-16-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Briar, I liked Arbor's turn of that phrase too. I find myself thinking sometimes how fun it would be to have the whole class over for a dinner party. I think I would learn and laugh all evening! Y'all are great.

On that note, this dude's gonna turn in. Gym time will be here before I know it. Good night gang.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Oh man, FAD, your stories reminded me of Christmas five years ago when my husband and I spent Christmas eve with another couple, and myself and the other husband got super loaded and THEN started doing shots of Everclear. Christmas day I had the hands-down, grand champion, worst hangover of my life. And we were hosting my family all day. I left the couch once and that was to throw up. My husband had no idea how to cook what I had planned, so he ended up making pancakes for Christmas dinner. I had a few sips of gatorade for dinner. It was absolutely tragic. I still cringe at that memory. Never again.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Happy Wednesday all,

Another typical weekday here. Morning workout done. Now gotta make breakfast. I've come to find out it's not cool to eat lunch at school for sixteen year old girls,so if I don't make breakfast she doesn't eat all day. What's a dad to do? Make breakfast.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

What a good dad, FAD!
And thank you for sharing your stories. It got my mind going and Reminded me of a few of my own... The lies to miss events because I was hungover, panic attacks driving, the things I said (ugh), crying uncontrollably over the littlest of things, and comments from others... "Are you sure you want another one?", people that love me trying their best to slow me down...how completely embarrassing. It's important to look back, because it keeps me focused on my goal. And it also makes me realize how blessed I am for each sober day. 67 days sober seemed impossible just 3 months ago. I've been going through some really tough times lately and I'm just so glad that I'm not making it worse with alcohol. Not just for me, but for everyone else around me.
And I'm super excited (and a little nervous, no lie) for a sober Christmas. There were moments over my thanksgiving holiday that were so beautiful because I allowed myself to be fully present and to truly relax. I can't wait for more of that.

Stay well, everyone!

Vince Guaraldi Trio-A Charlie Brown Christmas (full album)
Old 12-17-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

It's so true Conquest, I thought alcohol helped me relax and be less self conscious, but I realize now it actually stressed me out trying to manage my drinking and behavior. It was the opposite of what I believed and wanted.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

True that Briar. Complete opposite. It's really interesting actually. Because when I first started it did work. It worked for quite a while. But then something happened. I crossed that line and then alcohol betrayed me. And it kept on betraying me cause I couldn't let it go. I kept trying to make it work. I think that is the hardest part sometimes. Just letting it go. All the positive memories. My youth in all of it. That's been over for quite sometime now. Get honest with yourself. Let it go...........................bye bye boozy.........bye bye.......
Old 12-17-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Wow, lots of deep conversation and inspiration here today folks. Thanks for sharing all of your stories to inspire all of us to remain sober. Not sure I have any specific nasty Christmas ones, but I know I have been tired and hungover for a few while the kids opened gifts, all full of the wonder of Santa Clause. I tried to be happy and really just wanted a nap. That sort of thing. Maybe blew off the fancy dinner and made it the next day. But it is typically just us 4. I do not entertain on Christmas Day. The family gatherings have been moved to the weekend after with my brother, and with the family on dh's side, sometimes we do it in February, just due to trying to find a time when everyone can be present.

I will admit it will be hard to do Christmas Eve sober. I have typically had some wine or Champagne, even if not gotten drunk. Recent years, while not sober, I have reduced my drinking dramatically and have sober stretches. But, Christmas Eve and New year's would be nights I allowed myself to drink. I am not even sure I can call it failure, because the AV had a plan all along. I hope to do better this year.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Feeling overwhelmed.

With Christmas coming
No job
No money
Trying to register for school
Nothing else is getting done because I'm overwhelmed
Bad time management
I don't know what to make for dinner
Trying to find a sponsor
I'm tired of step 1
I have art pieces to finish for Christmas.
Trying to find job....
On and on and on...help

Jennifer