Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 7

Old 12-16-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good morning gang.

I'll echo Sparkos in the concern for Venus, Dee, and all Australians as they deal with the tragically unnecessary ordeal in Sydney.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you

We are just not used to that sort of thing here...it was a major shock.
And of course two of the hostages were killed. One by the gunman, and the other, well, I won't say what I think happened because it was a tragic accident.

I should be in bed, so love and goodnight.

V xx
Old 12-16-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Thank you

We are just not used to that sort of thing here...it was a major shock.
And of course two of the hostages were killed. One by the gunman, and the other, well, I won't say what I think happened because it was a tragic accident.

I should be in bed, so love and goodnight.

V xx
No one should be used to things like that. So sad.

Hope you can get some rest.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sad, indeed. And now word of the school in Pakistan. So very sad.

I've got so much love and big hopes of success for each of you. Let's not waste another precious day. It's truly a gift.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've been feeling the same way lately Conquest. I hope it never ends. Feel like I'm finally waking up. Everyone enjoy your day
Old 12-16-2014, 12:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Have been lurking. Too much crap on the plate lately, but that was yesterday and on back. TODAY I laughed my behind off reading briars post about ppl who have kids and aren't qualified to raise a houseplant. I had to laugh!!!
That's good stuff !
Wife gotten written up at work, for being out 3 times in a 6 month period. All excused ( sick kids). Been there 12 yrs at a hospital. Got employee of the yr or quarter or something of that nature.
I felt so bad when she called me crying. I have no self illusion. I've blown good jobs being a depressed hungover drunk. 6yr old getting over flu now, day 7, developed broncitis but I caught it in time to get antibiotics going. 1.5 yr old knock on wood, not sick, but I'm a Lysolling bleach mopping fool.
Not making big time sober, because I drank Saturday night while doing vomit laundry. It's a great time ( not) !
It's very good to hear of the success some ppl are having. It's hard earned, for sure. I'll get there too.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your 6 yo has been sick JL my 6 yo missed school all week last week. He went back yestersay ans now my other three are sick. I was sick Saturday ans Sunday and on the mend yestersay and today. There is some nasty stuff going around! I'm glad we are getting it over with before Christmas though.

There is lots of sad things going on in the world. Makes me hold my kids a little closer and cherish evwry moment I have with them even when they are sick and cranky.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

We were all piled on the bed yesterday evening and things were just better, because we were there together, and not paying a lick of attention to the terrible stuff. We cut off our satellite this yr due to bills and now use ROKU boxes. Don't miss not one useful thing on television. I mean nothing. Not bombarded by terrible news.
I guess happy news doesn't sell, though. I hope y'all continue to heal up. Being sick stinks !
Old 12-16-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Awww JL... I was up all night with my 6 year old having puke fest too. I'm not going to lie, I would have rather been drunk dealing with this.
Today has been hazmat day. Now that my daughter brought the plague home the true germophobe has come out. The only other person to witness this insane bleaching of everything was my daughters father when she was about 4-5 months old. I'm tired. But I have to finish. More than likely I'm next. I was the first responder. I will now spend the next 14 days worrying about every gurgle and burp. As long as I'm not in vomitville the same time as her. I can't help her if I'm sick. It's times like these I wish I was a normal drinker. Seriously. I feel helpless, worried and sorry for her and there is no way to stop my OCD. Back to work.

Jennifer
Old 12-16-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I haven't seen the news in a long time. I'll have to catch up

Jennifer
Old 12-16-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

JL ~ that sounds beyond unfair that your wife would be in trouble for three days off in six months. Crazy.

I'm sorry to hear so many of your kids are sick.
Hope all of the little ones get better very soon.

Love V xx
Old 12-16-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi V, sometimes I realize I've missed some of the posts so I go back and catch up. I see that you're on the way to a new career. That's great! When does the course start?

JL, good to see you checking in. Sorry you and others are dealing with sick kiddos
Old 12-16-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Glad to hear from you, JL. That sucks about your wife, sounds totally unfair.

Sorry for those with sick kids, that's the worst! Mine appears to have a bit of a runny nose and a slight cough, which I'm watching. Hopefully it's just the usual daycare kennel cough they all have all season.

My mom visited this afternoon. She was here for about three hours, and she and my daughter had a blast. It was so nice to hand her off to grandma so I could clean up and cook us lunch. My place is in a fairly mild state of disarray, and when my mom arrived she said "oh you poor thing, I wish I could be around to help you more." She's the most innocent person in the world and meant it sincerely, but of course what I heard was "good god, your house is a wreck!" In fairness, she cleans houses for a living, so she's biased.

It was a really nice afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm very obviously depressed right now and am having a hard time feeling any kind of pleasure. I feel pretty dead, and it shows on my face. People at work noticed it right away this morning, "what's wrong with your eyes? You look so tired." Yeah, I told them I'm just tired, poor sleep. In fact, I slept like a log and could barely drag myself out of bed. I could sleep for days if allowed. They don't know I'm bipolar, and I have no plans to tell them (mental illness is not well received in my line of work).

So when my mom was here I had to be very conscious of my face to make sure I made it move the way it's supposed to. My mind is pretty clear and I can get things done, but I'm not real quick on the emotional reactions. My face actually feels kind of numb. They call that "flat affect" and it's not the cutest look. I call it a case of the dead-eye. My speech gets slow and kind of choppy too. So anyway what I'm trying to say is that it was a nice visit but a little tough because I don't want her to worry about me (because I'm fine), so it took some effort. Now I'm even more tired. But it's a nice cozy day. Raining but pretty warm.

And I'm just completely rambling. Nice.

A lot of really terrible things going on in the world. I'm not following that stuff real close, I've got enough conscience-shocking crime to process. Usually I can deal with that stuff fine, but I'm a little too sensitive right now.

Well, this is coming out all confused and crappy, so I guess I'll go do something else for a while and check back in later. Best to everyone!
Old 12-16-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

nah youre not rambling. you need to get that stuff out, ya know. My heart and prayers goes out to the ppl on here from Australia and Pakistan. I know itd be hard to deal with , and nobody need pushes at our stage of recovery. thinking of each of you.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Not rambly, confused or crappy Briar...
You have a lot to deal with, and I think you do it exceedingly well.

The course starts in February fromadistance.
That is, if I can ever work out how to actually register.
I know I am tired today, but I could not access the registration page.
I thought that I had made a note (I have a password file) of the password I set up, but I can't find it, and there is no option to reset. So feeling rather inept right now. I have emailed the admin officer to ask for help. Sigh.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

JL, you sound like a very supportive partner to your wife. You help out so much with the kids and sickness. And you worry so about your family. You are very sweet and I do hope they appreciate you. I hope you are all better soon!

You too Jen! Ugh the vomit days. My daughter is 15 and the last time she vomited, she still did not make it to the bathroom. She is not very skilled at that. Like a cat that one. Vomit, move, vomit, move, and so it goes. Anyone with a cat knows exactly what I mean! Sorry if TMI!!

I hope anyone else I am missing gets well soon too.

I ended up busy today. well, not busy, but out of the house. I got a call to change my hair appointment. It was for later this week, but they wanted me to come today if I could, and i could. And while I was there, I mentioned I wished I had scheduled time for a color, and she had time! So, bonus. Well, big dent to the wallet, but bonus as far as her having time to do it today. So, I am beautiful for the holidays. It takes forever though. So, many tasks bumped to tomorrow and Friday.

I plan to turn in early tonight. Tired. Slept poorly the last 2 nights.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I just read up on the school massacre in Pakistan. Such insanity; heartbreaking beyond belief.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Oh yeah phoebe love, I know that cat-vomit scenario far too well. Blecchh.
Glad you are beautiful for the holidays.

I am a weird weird woman who hates going to the hairdresser....it's been 3 years at this point. My sister cut my hair for me about 14 months ago, and I have a friend upstairs who is a hairdresser, so she is going to chop off about 10 inches when I get my act together.

Have a wonderful sleep...I know how we both love our 8 or 9 hours.

V xx
Old 12-16-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Arbor
Old 12-16-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Tired too tonight. Not sure why. Was charged up this morning. Felt good. But now it's 8pm raining and I'm ready to do nothing productive. Glad you are all here

And yes. There's not much worse than sick kids. Especially babies. They get no sleep and you get no sleep. Here's to hoping my 2 yr old stays healthy through the holidays!

Nice to see you JL. Hang in there.

You hang in there too Briar. Sounds like a busy day. I know what that's like when you have family/company over. I always feel like you can't relax mentally. Gotta entertain them conversation wise. It's tiring. Turn in early if you can.

What did you say once Venus? The difference between a bad day and a good day is approx two days? Am I thinking that right? I dunno cause I'm a bit slow right now...