Notices

Class of December 2014 Part 2

Old 12-15-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Still going strong at day 46!!!

I had a trigger this weekend when my husband went out to the liquor store & bought the vodka I normally drink. When I opened the freezer & saw it, it's like my heart skipped a beat....not out of excitement but fear.

I didn't drink & that is all that matters....
Old 12-15-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

I am back to these forums after quite an absence, and would like to join this class as well. My last drink was Saturday morning, and I am making some big changes in order to beat this thing.

Until Saturday, I had been binging for close to three weeks and I can't live like that anymore. Going to see the doctor today, which is a huge step for me.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Welcome back mister!
Old 12-15-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Welcome Mister!!

Congrats On day 46 JT!!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
OX

Welcome back mister to your new way to live. Best of luck. Getting a head start on the new year!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Dah

Day 3. I will not drink today.

It's early, but I want to report a victory. Friday night I made some offensive statements while drunk that very much had the power to get me fired. Last night I was a nervous wreck worrying about what would be in store for me getting to work. I haven't wanted a drink more for some time. I stayed strong.
This morning I got to work and laid my cards out on the table and apologized for my boorish behavior. Thankfully, my apology was accepted. I owe my job to the understanding nature of a co-worker. I told my friends that I have committed to sobriety. I made an appointment for counseling tomorrow night.

I'm proud that I didn't cave early, and I'm thankful to work with good people.

I vow not to make family, friends, and co-workers accommodate my behavior any longer. I will not drink today.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
OX

Thanks for posting everybody. Welcome back those who slipped and welcome the newcomers. What happened yesterday or the day before doesn't matter. Set your confidence to ten for today: we will not drink.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
EJP

Good morning all. Day 10....

Feeling pretty good this morning but pretty anxious. I have tomorrow off with no kids all day... it would be the perfect day to sit around and kill a dozen beers. Sigh.

Its my biggest test yet. And one that Ive failed dozens of times in early recovery.

When I think about my feelings, half of me is screaming NO and the other half is giddy as a kid at christmas at the thought of spending the whole day drinking.... and dammit if my AV isnt one persuasive expletive.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Ya**!

Hi EJP. Why not make a plan now in order to stack the deck in your favor? I know there's a meeting here in the chat room tomorrow night at 9pm Eastern. I know I plan on being there.

Please feel free to join us and stay close to SR!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Dah

EJP--
It sounds like you've identified the temptation, and properly identified that it's your AV doing the talking.

The only thing left to do is stay strong. Stay strong today, then stay strong tomorrow.

Remember to play the tape forward tomorrow when you are tempted. You said you have failed this test multiple times before. Remember that opening that beer will bring nothing good.

You can do it. You will do it.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Just wanted to pop in and say welcome 1stepup and misterritter!
You're right..we've been on a train to hell and enough is enough! I'm so glad you've made the decision to stop riding the crazy train.

Way to go Dah! impressive stuff!

EJP, hope you'll stay close and keep reaching out for support. I believe in you and so does this class. Make a list of things you want to do tomorrow and stick to it. You got this!

I'm so grateful that I'm sober today. I'm grateful that I don't feel the compulsion to go to 'lunch' with my coworkers today and get half wasted. And I'm grateful for this class and the support and encouragement I receive here! thanks guys!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Welcome Mister. Welcome back FABL and JL and and the folks that are back on day 1. I'm proud of everyone for "Pulling yourselves up by the bootstraps" and coing right back to SR.

So I fought the AV last night and didn't give in. I came down with a stomach bug and am so glad that I didn't self medicate.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Happy Monday. Congrats to all of you for being here. For being brave. One day at a time.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Stay strong everyone!! We can do this one day at a time! it really helps me to sign up to the 24 hour thread too. I do that first thing in the morning before I even get out of bed!

I am on day 11. This is when It gets hard for me. I feel so great and happy that I don't think I have a problem! But I do or I wouldn't have found this site!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hello!
Monday morning, slept really well, I have an exam on tues to study the next couple days for, actually looking forward to it, stay in drinking tea.
Welcome to the new ones!
Good job on the sober ones!
And keep going to the ones that slipped!
and to the ones who have left and are drinking again, thinking about you xoxo.
Have a good day everyone and see you on the board
Old 12-15-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Jsbodhi- good luck on the exam on Tuesday!
Old 12-15-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Well made it through the day sober, kept as busy as my body will allow and got a little food, TRYING to just focus on the now and present without looking back and not worrying about the future, AV is telling me it'll be easier to stop after the Christmas period but I know if I carry on I wont have a Christmas, my two girls are 4 and 6, they live with my ex and I have them overnight on weekends. I want them to have a happy time without me being hung over and irritable.

Rang doctors and made an appointment for tomorrow morning with them, not sure yet which recovery path Im going to take, been in and out of AA for about 4-5 years now and it gets harder to go back and try again.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey 1stepup....keep ignoring your AV!! It is a known liar and thief! You don't need that crap in your life anymore! Focus on your girls and being there for them. Focus on the memories you want them to have of you.
And yay for you for going to the doctor! You're taking amazing steps today!

Way to go wilson!! Yay!! it's weird to feel so good...I'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop! (blah)

Jsbodhi...good luck on the exam! Just wondering...whatever happened with your boyfriend? I'm sorry I can't find the post from earlier...the cocaine thing?

FF...hope your stomach is feeling better...good for you for ignoring your AV!
Old 12-15-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Holy Crap ! My wife got written up at her job at a hospital. Been there 12 yrs, gotten award after award for her work, I mean like employee of the quarter or year or whatever! She and our kids get sick a few time in a 6 month period, they warn her not to be out 3 time in 6 months. Now shes written up for being out about 3-4 months later with our 6 yr old when he has pneumonia. All incidents have medical excuses, but they don't care.
Im so darn angry. I mean, Im the drunk that has laid out of work with a hangover in years past. In all honesty, Im sure its costed me jobs. I don't really know how to help her, and shes really upset. She a good mother to our 2 boys, and wife to me, putting up with my crap all these years. Man I either picked the wrong time to start holding myself accountable for drinking, or the absolute right time. I really don't know which.
Im on day 2 of an antibiotic for a sinus infection, got 6 yr old more medicine today. Flu and bronchitis. 4 days of work then Im off for Christmas. I wish I had a big money job, where everything wasn't so financially scary all the time, always behind.
Sorry to be griping, Im just really lost today, and not going to drink.
God know this would be the perfect excuse to make things worse ! hahah
Terrible
Old 12-15-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Today appears to be a really long one day at a time