Class of October 2014 Part 6

Old 12-01-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Roll call 01/12/14

Sparkos, Present and sober (3 weeks)
Venuscat, Present and sober (36 days)
Briar, Present and sober (35 days)
Tiredofme, Present and sober
Countygirl2014, Present and sober (65 days)
BrighterDayz, Present and sober
Phoebe64, Present and sober
Fromadistance, Present and sober (Oct 1st)
Arbor8, Present and sober
ChickChick, Present and sober
Ironwoman, Present and sober
Conquest, Present and sober (51 days)
Findingtheway, Present and sober (60 days)
Jl2014, Present and sober (11 days)
ClubMedGrad, Present and sober
Rico1983, Present and sober
DickySix, Present and sober (38 days)
Slumerican, Present and sober (50 days)
Digdeep, Present and sober
ForgiveMeAll, Present and sober
Dee74, is sometimes around

Please come back:

Forabetterlife
Fantail
Stevie1
Dontlookbacchus
Enfinthechange
Popeye2014

Those in Magenta were present during the week.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Busy now, I'll post later.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Awesome job Sparkos ~ thank you for doing our role call. ♥

I can only echo the "please come back"s.

Forabetterlife is here and sober, posting in the grat threads (and possibly many other threads, I don't know). So that's good, but we are really missing our absent Octsobers. And may I add Fishcakes.

Sending love to all of them,
And of course to all of you who are here.

Goodnight all,

Love V xx
Old 12-01-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oops
Old 12-01-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey everybody,

It's back to work for me. I tossed and turned all night worried about work and family stuff when I should be giving thanks for enjoying an entire week off soberly! I may not have gotten as much sleep as I wanted, but I'll bet I'm more rested than I would've been otherwise. Thinking of how these Monday mornings use to feel is helping me to appreciate today a little more already. Clinging to my coffee and repeating serenity prayer now.

Thanks for the roll call Sparkos!
I hope everyone has a fantastic, sober December 1st!
Lotsa love
Old 12-01-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Yes Sparkos, thanks for roll call. I miss seeing some of those folks.

ChickChick, I hope things go well for your Grandma this week.

Phoebe, it'll be nice to see you check in again.

Two months today for this dude....off to the gym.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Congrats FAD! That's a great accomplishment. I would say to reward yourself today with something special but I bet sobriety itself is reward enough.

It's always nice to be able to come back to a class and just chat. Feels good to be part of something other than just randomly posting new threads for all to see. Grateful to be here.

Would be cool to see some of our other mates check in. Let us know how its going!

It's Monday morning. Back to work...
Old 12-01-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor8 View Post

It's always nice to be able to come back to a class and just chat. Feels good to be part of something other than just randomly posting new threads for all to see. Grateful to be here.

Well said Arbor, it's nice to have a core support group...and Arbor, you reminded that I've got some trees to move today.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Just checking in quick before I run back out. I hope everyone is doing wonderful.

Jennifer
Old 12-01-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
I'm glad you are right back here Arbor. Please be kind to yourself. Drink lots of water too.

I got a call waking me up this morning from my mom. My sweet Gran who moved to a nursing home a week and a half ago fell and broke her hip and arm this morning. Sigh. I think they will do surgery on the hip on Monday.

I spent the afternoon with my family and took my boys to see a movie tonight.

Glad to be done with day 44. to you all!
Chick - I wanted to pop in and say I'm thinking of you and your Gran and hope surgery happens today and goes well. And also..I'm so proud of you for getting to day 44+. I knew you could do it!

Kat
Old 12-01-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the well wishes for my Granny. She had surgery on her hip and arm yesterday. Withe I am assuming went well. My mom isn't calling me back. Sigh, my parents are a major trigger for me. But I'm staying sober!
I got the kids off to school today and felt a migraine coming on. Blurred vision in my left eye. Yuck. I skept it off and am feeling much better now.

I hope you all are having a good day.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Unhappy

It's interesting about the migraine ChickChick. I'm noticing the flickering checker board zigzag in my right eye as I type. Used to have them lots years ago. Started back a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if related to changes due to stopping alcohol. Well, gotta go lay down....

Take care.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Haven't been checking into this thread as often as i should..

But I've been posting mostly in the 24 hours commitment threads.

I hope everyone is OK. I'm enjoying recovery now...Today makes 2 months!

Keep up the good work class!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congratulations Findingtheway!!

On the run.
Love and good morning to everyone.

V xx
Old 12-01-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi all. Was away for Thanksgiving and not on my computer much the last 2 days. Had to unpack, grocery shop, make some healthy food, do laundry, etc...

So, I drank on Thanksgiving. I stopped long before anyone else did! it was a weird day, where even my SIL who usually does not drink much at all, got drunk and she and her partner called a taxi to go home. I actually got mad at my MIL about something, an issue that comes up time and again, involving my daughter's food allergies. I kind of drank to escape, but then stopped after a few. I saw what I was doing and did not want her to win. So, I did not get trashed and did not get a hangover.

Oh well. Looking forward to a clean and sober December. Progress, not perfection? I just know I can't give up.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I'm sorry you had a slip Phoebe, but I'm glad you're back here and ready to move forward. You're right, progress. And you've made a lot of it.

I'm having a weird day. I just feel confused. Maybe it's being back at work. I planned to go pick up some groceries at lunch, but I kept thinking about buying vodka. I delayed leaving for almost an hour trying to get my head straight so I would feel confident to go in there. But I couldn't, so I decided the groceries weren't that important. I have no idea what we're having for dinner now, but at least it won't involve drinks.

One of my coworkers who sits next to me lost a teenage family member to suicide last week. He's been talking about it all day with various people, which is good for him, he needs to do that, but it's absolutely horrible to listen to. I'm feeling so bad for him, and also very guilty because in my dealings with depression and alcoholism I've seriously considered suicide a number of times. I can't believe I ever considered putting my family and friends through that. I know I wasn't well when I thought that, but still I feel ashamed today. It's such a terrible thing.

So kind of a tough day. Will try to keep my evening positive.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Great work, FAD and FTW! 2 months is outstanding!

Phoebe, Agreed. Progress is what we're all after, absolutely! Good on you for stopping. I wouldn't have been that strong. Way to work your SR muscles!

Briar, I couldn't face the store after work either. It's going to have to be pancakes for dinner tonight. I can't complain.

For all you migraine sufferers... First, I'm so sorry. They're the absolute pits. Second, try some peppermint anything if you can, like tea, breathmints, etc. It helps me a little. So does finding a quiet, dark place to hibernate in for a bit. I hope you find some relief soon.

It's great to see everyone here, makes me smile.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

today I had the virus so I stayed home in bed catching up on dexter (CRAZY show) !!
Had a 2-3 hr conversation last night with ppl who I went to school with 25yrs ago. they've been married all this time 2 kids 16, 18. we just haven't kept touch, like call every year or so and get together.
well now the husband has gone from painpill train to morphine, on to heroin/methadone swapouts, and is in rehab. supposedly this took two 3-4 to go downhill.
Its horrible to hear the pain in these ppls lives. Made me feel like a complete ass to even have a slip with alcohol considering the wreck we could all be in.
MY God im thankful for each one of you on here fighting.
thank you
goodnight
Old 12-01-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

It's true JL, seeing other people go through extreme difficulty is awful but puts things in perspective. I'm experiencing something similar today, and it's reminding me how lucky I am. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 12-01-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back phoebe. Sorry you slipped. I slipped too Saturday. Glad you were able to stop after a few. Just don't let that slip give you false hope in that you can drink again. Even if you know that already as I'm sure you probably do

Hope you kick that virus to the curb soon JL. Your right about being grateful. I try to reflect on that everyday. Helps I think.

Was tired today at work after the long holiday weekend. Probably gonna turn in early. Nite team!