Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 6

Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank yall for being brave enough to admit that youre human and have slips/do overs (the reset button hit the mark with me),
Today dealing with exhaustion ! Wife got a stomach virus yesterday, so I was up about every 2 hrs to check on her, plus keep my 1.5 yrs old and 6 yr old away from her, while bleaching out the house.
Shes a little better today, but Im fried !
My now part time job, (new job is GREAT - just mediocre in the pay dept), is taking bad turns, and really making me want to do what I hate; look for another job. Ive been doing it for years and sick of it.
Maybe its just my mindset. I don't know. Im just sick of worrying and letting that take away from enjoying my day. I hope that others don't have that dragging out "getting over drinking" week like I have when I even drink once. Im sorry for rambling, just trying to get the bad out and get some positive thoughts going.
Chik Im sorry to hear about your grandmother.
WOW Im past exhausted! Wanting to hang up that ambulance job and find another one day a week gig, to make ends meet.
Im so so thankful to have a job now thatll have benefits by Christmas. Thatll be a good present to my wife - come off of being a burden on her health insurance. I find that I get a better view on things when I get stuff off my chest on here. Time to swap the laundry.
No drink today !! Whos with me???
Old 11-30-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

^^^ Me!

Not like an ass Arbor. Like an alcoholic.

It's not what other people think of me Conquest love; it's what I think of me that is the problem.

Sorry for the quick post.
Boiling hot here and I need to hurry up and get my job done or I will fry out there.

Taking you all with me.

V xx ♥
Old 11-30-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I'm with you JL! Sorry about your wife, that's miserable. I hope no one else gets it. And as tough as it is to look for a new PT job, it sounds like you need to. You've been unhappy with the one you have for a long time.

Went for a 3.5 mile walk with a friend this morning, then cleaned 3 bathrooms, now relaxing a bit. Going back to work tomorrow after a week off. Not really looking forward to it, but very glad I stayed sober through the whole week. I was worried about the week because I had a lot of alone time and also some big parties. And it was very hard, but I feel good that I did it.

FAD I know what you mean about your workouts. I feel good after my walks too, like I have more control over how I feel and what I'm doing. I can't really walk during the week because it's dark in the hours I'm home, and I have too much to do. Got to figure something out.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks for correcting me Venus. What are you doing outside? Don't work too hard sweet sweet Venus!

Nice work Briar. I have yet to have a vacation or a week off from work sober. Yet. I can imagine that will be a challenge.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Oh and I'm with you JL on the no drinks today. Sounds great to me. Nice job on taking care of the fam while your wife is sick. Good man.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Time for a holiday avatar!
Old 11-30-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I was going to do the same Briar but the size restrictions stopped me...got a good shot of my decorated tree.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

It'll take me a day or two to get used to the new avatar pics....always does. I like the choices y'all made.

I'm ready to hear from sparkos and tiredofme, getting late across the pond though.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your g'ma Chick

D
Old 11-30-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Arbor, you can use your paint application to resize images. Also there are some free photo editing websites where you can upload your photos and resize them. Google "resize image" and it will give you some options.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Whoa !
First off, im sick now, and had to call in in between emesis (yuck). Second my wife is still on the phone with a conversation I started 4 hrs ago with childhood friends of mine who are in the middle of being torn apart by medication and heroin addiction.
I feel like such an ass for drinking even a little nowadays, because I keep coming across ppl who need to see an example of hope with abstinence, and I sure don't sell it well, although that's probably whats needed for me.
My heads sspinning Im having dysentery, chills shakes, but Im laughing talking to a friend we haven't heard from in a few years whose situation makes our stomach virus look like a massage visit !
Wake up call for me! - there is ALWAYS someone who has it so bad it makes you want to cry, so pretty much shame on me, for worrying, and getting in the dumps about the future. At least we all HAVE one here, and WANT one here.
Im crying watching my 6 yr old cutting out and taping together a "project" for his mother. Hes looking at me saying "wow dad youre really sick".
He doesn't know Im crying because Im so so grateful to be alive and sitting with him being a part of his life, (the VIRUS part-haha).
whew- todays been a different day to say the least.
Happy thoughts for you folks !! hugs---
Old 11-30-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I love this avatar - saved my peace of mind last Christmas.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Yikes! I hope you're feeling better very soon JL!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

JL, hopefully this virus will start winding down for your household pretty soon. Those things are wretched. Take care of yourself.

The new avatar is nice.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

JL - I'm sorry you're sick, but I know what you mean, it really puts things in perspective. We are so fortunate to be here, to have our families, to have each other, to have a chance.

I like the avatar!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I thought I had this double post thing figured out...oh well. I'll post this instead:

Old 11-30-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon JL

D
Old 11-30-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

My wife and kids gave me so much joy just being around them. Too often I'm losing focus on what's really important. They lessened how rotten I feel.
I'm so so thankful. Sick but thankful!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fromadistance View Post
It'll take me a day or two to get used to the new avatar pics....always does. I like the choices y'all made.

I'm ready to hear from sparkos and tiredofme, getting late across the pond though.
How am I supposed to recognise my Octsober buddies if you keep changing your avatars? Huh?

OK...going back to read...hoping that our absent members have posted.

Oh...Arbor...I deliver Kidney Health clothing bags. I pop them into peoples' letter boxes. Two or three shifts a week.

BRB,

V xx
Old 11-30-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Chick - how's your grandma doing?