Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 2

Old 11-18-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

On day 5 in the UK.....feel a bit better today apart from my energy has seriously crashed, not sure if that's down to not sleeping well or if it's a sign of withdrawl from alcohol or from the sugar in the alcohol....must be some sugar hit in 12 pints of beer.

8 mile run planned for after work today so hopefully an hour in the fresh air will help waken me up a bit.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

well, I am glad not to be hungover today! My 10yo forgot his lunch, so it will not be too tough to hit the shower now and get it over to the school. Yay for small victories, lol.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

Still going strong!!! It's getting easier for me each day. I didn't crave any alcohol for the past couple of days. 7pm is getting easier & easier for me.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:24 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

My energy levels are also down. I ressemble a sleeping sloth and I can't seem to get anything done...just making it through the day and maybe going for a walk. I know this will probably improve, maybe next week I'm more of a lazy panda. My goal is to run around like a crazy terrier again.

Sigh. Just have to face these days and make it through.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good job everyone! Welcome to all our new members and returnees.

Day 9 for me today. Feeling very good, got a great night's sleep. Today is work then aerobics -- should be very busy.

Keep going, guys!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Good morning all and welcome to all the new members!
I was a cooking machine last night. Made lentil soup and asiago cheese bread. I boiled eggs, but did not make egg salad. I will make it tomorrow night since I won't be home until after dinner.
I keep on contemplating running again, but keep on talking myself out of it mentally. I used to do marathons (did them for over 10 years) which kept my drinking in check for the most part, but I lost the motivation for running (long story). Part of me thinks it will be different being completely sober again out here. I ran sober when I was in 2 other states and just loved it. However, the environment out here is not nearly as friendly weather-wise. Part of me is hesitant to put the effort forth only to find running is still miserable and it is always hard to start running. I am also worried it will be a trigger since I used to party it up after completing a marathon (only later at night, not right after the race). Any thoughts?
Dallow-I have also been tired. I am usually ready to go to bed at 7p. Even with 10 hours of sleep, I am still tired. I am also ready to feel like a terrier again.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strategery View Post
Good morning all and welcome to all the new members!
I was a cooking machine last night. Made lentil soup and asiago cheese bread. I boiled eggs, but did not make egg salad. I will make it tomorrow night since I won't be home until after dinner.
I keep on contemplating running again, but keep on talking myself out of it mentally. I used to do marathons (did them for over 10 years) which kept my drinking in check for the most part, but I lost the motivation for running (long story). Part of me thinks it will be different being completely sober again out here. I ran sober when I was in 2 other states and just loved it. However, the environment out here is not nearly as friendly weather-wise. Part of me is hesitant to put the effort forth only to find running is still miserable and it is always hard to start running. I am also worried it will be a trigger since I used to party it up after completing a marathon (only later at night, not right after the race). Any thoughts?
Dallow-I have also been tired. I am usually ready to go to bed at 7p. Even with 10 hours of sleep, I am still tired. I am also ready to feel like a terrier again.
I also used to run, almost every day. Not marathons like you, but still 20 kilometers or so. I used to love it and I want to do it again. I don't know about you, but for me running was an addiction for several years. That was how I handled my anxiety and it cleared my mind. I think it's a good thing to try to go back to your old habits. Even though, I understand the worry of wanting to celebrate after a marathon, hopefully when you're fit and sober enough to run that far again, you'll also be strong enough mentally to find some other way to celebrate!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Strategery and Dallow, I used to run too! I was not sober while doing it (well, I mean...I was sober for the actual running, of course!) I'm thinking about walking and working up to running as I start to lose this immense amount of weight.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CristinaN View Post
My goodness this class is so busy I can hardly keep up. . It looks like everyone survived Monday.
Today my husband is leaving town for a few days so I'll have to be careful. I have a busy week so that should be helpful.
Have a great day everyone
You can do it Cristina.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by josharon View Post
Strategery and Dallow, I used to run too! I was not sober while doing it (well, I mean...I was sober for the actual running, of course!) I'm thinking about walking and working up to running as I start to lose this immense amount of weight.
You can do it!!! I know how hard it is to get started, but when getting past that initial phase, I'm usually surprised how fast it gets easier and the body improves! But I'm also a bit where you are, didn't put on weight, but all my muscles mysteriously disappeared somewhere between the empty wine bottles and the sofa. Keep it up!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Thanks! I seriously cannot even believe how fat I am. It's ridiculous. I can't even let anyone take my picture because I literally frighten myself.

I really appreciate the encouragement!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I also ran but not super long distances. Hoping to work up to it again. Need some time first to find some energy.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thanks! I seriously cannot even believe how fat I am. It's ridiculous. I can't even let anyone take my picture because I literally frighten myself.

Yeah, well, I think we all can relate in some way about unfortunate physical changes due to drinking. Even though I hardly gained any weight, let's just say the proportions are different and my face looks bloathed and sick. It might be ridiculous, but physical improvements are a strong motivation for me to stick to sobriety in these early days.

Originally Posted by TXAlchy2 View Post
I also ran but not super long distances. Hoping to work up to it again. Need some time first to find some energy.
I'm also waiting for that energy boost that I'm praying will come! Even if it's not long distances, running really is the best...Seems like Class of november also could work as a Running-in-recovery forum!
  # 334 (permalink)  

Josharon,

Let's start running together! I have gained a total of 83lbs because of this alcohol. So far I have lost 11lbs, so I have 72lbs left to go. I used to be fit & now I am frightenly out of shape. Let's do this together!!!
  # 335 (permalink)  

You've got this Cristina!

Oh, the runners are making me feel lazy!
Actually I ran too. I've done all my 5ks this year during short sober periods and really took minutes off my time. Duh, right?! I mean, who has a bottle of wine the night before an 8 AM 5K?!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

JT0626, yes! Let's do this thing. I need to lose at least 50 pounds. I used to be super-fit and now I am a bloated mess. Using sobriety as an excuse to eat everything in sight MAY NOT have helped the situation, ha!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

I'll get in in this. Have had a nagging foot injury but I think it is finally healed.

Don't really need to drop weight but I've need to do something go positive for my body to try to undo maybe at least some of the negative.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:33 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I just rejoined SparkPeople to start tracking my food intake. How scary is it that I don't even know what I'm eating? The only thing I'm good at is drinking water. First I'll track to see what kind of overeating we're dealing with, and then I'll look for ways to improve or cut back. I need to remember that sobriety is first, though. I can't leave the door open for the beast to re-enter, and if I'm hungry, it won't be good.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

JT0626, yes! Let's do this thing. I need to lose at least 50 pounds. I used to be super-fit and now I am a bloated mess. Using sobriety as an excuse to eat everything in sight MAY NOT have helped the situation, ha!
Are you familiar with Couch to 5k? You can download the app on your smart phone & it will train you to run again. We can start the plan together. Send me a PM if you want so we can get our fitness on! I need some accountability & a partner to do this with.

I am one bloated not-fit mess myself. LOL!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

hi all, just joined the forum today. The end of day 3....just the time when I start to feel better and jump straight back into a mid week bottle of wine or 3. Tucked up in bed (midnight here) sober and reading though the forum. Happy to have arrived here and looking forward to knowing you.
Paul