Notices

Class of November 2014 Part 2

Old 11-20-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Good Morning All, I logged on briefly a couple hours ago and didn't have time to post, woke up late and really wanted to stay in bed, daughter is having "bad" dreams and woke up very early...the little fashionista is probably fretting about wearing leggings on cold days she is only in 1st grade and hid another set of clothes in her backpack to change at school, just got the call from her teacher
Welcome Justsarah and everyone else who is new! Marathonman-great job, I knew you could do it! Keep it up, little over a month and you will have your little baby to hold very exciting
Day 4 for me and looking forward to the weekend, I've played the entire scenario in my head and then just realized that I can't let any situation or event change my resolve, this will be the test (pass/fail) that will push me deep into the mystical land of sobriety! Dee talked a few days ago about seeing things much differently once he was sober, things were clearer and I want to go there. I have been looking for that post but haven't found it yet.
Well have a great day everyone and as always, thank you all for the support and encouragement!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Count me in guys giving it another stab and dragging my ass back on board. I've lost too much now to keep doing this over and over.

Day 2
Old 11-20-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Hey Mr. G. Welcome aboard.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Welcome Mr g. Good job on 2 days xx
Old 11-20-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Strategery, I once did WW and lost a lot of weight. I always counted points to allow myself some wine. Imagine how much more successful I would have been if I did it sober. And, how much food I traded for the wine. Silly things we do.
I can definitely relate. I ate all my points, but I worked out a lot. I figured my alcohol points balanced out the workout points, so I didn't count the alcohol points. I think I would have lost weight a lot faster if I hadn't done that too. lol...
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

MrG im the same, it's gone on to long and I think i'll get sober this time because I just can't face another relapse. Good luck to all of us.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
MrG im the same, it's gone on to long and I think i'll get sober this time because I just can't face another relapse. Good luck to all of us.
I'm with both of you. Another relapse and the downward spiral will continue. Let's focus on running and run away from the crap that alcohol brings in our lives!!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:24 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Checked the phone app, day 18. I might need to see a doctor for my high anxiety (always self-medicated with Alcohol). After a day visit with my mother yesterday I am wound so tight I feel I might launch into space LOL but serious.

Breathing deep and planning a nice dinner with the DH.

For the record, my mother pushes every button
Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jipsee View Post
Checked the phone app, day 18. I might need to see a doctor for my high anxiety (always self-medicated with Alcohol). After a day visit with my mother yesterday I am wound so tight I feel I might launch into space LOL but serious. Breathing deep and planning a nice dinner with the DH. For the record, my mother pushes every button
My mom and I have the same relationship. It's tough. Good luck with your anxiety. A hot shower or bath works wonders along with the deep breathing.
Congrats on 18!!
Old 11-20-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D