Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 40

Old 10-29-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

It would probably be nice to be in the company of kind, smiling people, as long as the pub is not a trigger. Make sure the bartender doesn't accidentally spike your drink this time!
Old 10-29-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

(((Drake))), I hope you feel better soon!

Chris, my sober twin, this time feels very different for me, too. Even though I practice one-day-at-a-time thinking, I know deep in my bones that I cannot drink again - period. I finally accept that this is really true.

In a few months I will be moving yet again, this time should be my final move. I had expected it to occur in a year or two but I lucked out. As part of this move, I plan to practice staying calm and avoiding getting stressed out by the small stuff again - and also the bigger uncertainties.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
(((Drake))), I hope you feel better soon!

Chris, my sober twin, this time feels very different for me, too. Even though I practice one-day-at-a-time thinking, I know deep in my bones that I cannot drink again - period. I finally accept that this is really true.

In a few months I will be moving yet again, this time should be my final move. I had expected it to occur in a year or two but I lucked out. As part of this move, I plan to practice staying calm and avoiding getting stressed out by the small stuff again - and also the bigger uncertainties.
Great post Saskia thanks. This acceptance is what finally sets us free. I pray your move will be guided by grace and love (had to get spiritual for a second ). Have a blessed happy sober day !
Old 10-29-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Great post Saskia thanks. This acceptance is what finally sets us free. I pray your move will be guided by grace and love (had to get spiritual for a second ). Have a blessed happy sober day !
Thanks, Chris. I like spiritual!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by SparkyMcSparky View Post
Hey guys,

A quick hello - sorry been busy at womp plus personal life womping, so been a bit tough to put together a meaningful post.
Hey, Sparky. You forget, we don't require a meaningful post.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
The crowd would give me a full blown anxiety attack, trust me. But, a good suggestion, I could go and watch it at my favorite pub. They know I do not drink and strangely going there is not a trigger. Thanks for the suggestion Carlos, might do me some good.
Drake, wish I could come buy you a ...Coke.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thanks Turtle Man! I'll send you the tab!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Not a Tab, a Coke...Coca Cola...not Tab.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I thought that when I typed that. I don't drink much cola, a club soda will do.. or ginger ale.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Me, too, Drake. Waiter, tepid water for me.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well, Im through day 17 its going well. Today I went out riding my ATV , it was a perfect fall day in East Tennessee , While riding, out of the blue my AV came back and thoughs of having a few cold beers when I was done were flying around inside-my head. In the past this is what we would do. I was amazed how convincing the voice was but I was prepaired. Im not drinking anymore and you cant change my mind. Done.
Early this morning I started to post and ended up spilling coffee on my Mac Book. Not good , last time I spilled beer on it and it had to be repaired, I guess Im making progress. Now Im on the Ipad. Some what annoying to type on it. Well heading out on Friday to see Kim it will be fun, Dakota is going to the Kennel not so much fun for her. Thanks for all your replies and support you all have made the past 17 days a lot more meaningful and sucessful. Looking forward to day 18 and beyond. Oh yeah as far as my user name It was the first thing that went through my mind that morning 17 days ago. Im choosing not to drink anymore, Im choosing to be sober to save my marrage, my family and my life , forever. Be Well Goodnight
Old 10-29-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Choosing, choosing is a great way to think about not drinking!

Trachy and Drake, you both are delightfully cheap dates!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by choosingsober View Post
Hope everyone is doing well, Im through day 17 its going well. Today I went out riding my ATV , it was a perfect fall day in East Tennessee , While riding, out of the blue my AV came back and thoughs of having a few cold beers when I was done were flying around inside-my head. In the past this is what we would do. I was amazed how convincing the voice was but I was prepaired. Im not drinking anymore and you cant change my mind. Done.
Early this morning I started to post and ended up spilling coffee on my Mac Book. Not good , last time I spilled beer on it and it had to be repaired, I guess Im making progress. Now Im on the Ipad. Some what annoying to type on it. Well heading out on Friday to see Kim it will be fun, Dakota is going to the Kennel not so much fun for her. Thanks for all your replies and support you all have made the past 17 days a lot more meaningful and sucessful. Looking forward to day 18 and beyond. Oh yeah as far as my user name It was the first thing that went through my mind that morning 17 days ago. Im choosing not to drink anymore, Im choosing to be sober to save my marrage, my family and my life , forever. Be Well Goodnight
Inspiring post Choosing thanks for sharing! Great way to tell that AV that he can't choose for you only you make the decisions! Quite empowering!
Old 10-29-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Chris

D
Old 10-29-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Welcome Chris! I'm also from CA, SoCal coast.

Carlos I am not currently doing PT due to no health insurance currently and would love some suggestions from your daughter! Thank you.

Just poppin on here before bed. I was on my lunch today just thinking about sobriety and realized that past few days I havnt had any cravings to drink and it has been nice not having that AV hangin over my head. I will def still be keeping my guard up as next Friday is my bday and then the holidays to follow. The whole one day at a time is very key for me in my recovery.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good morning, Undies!

BF, great that you haven't had cravings the past few days! For me, the cravings really damped way down when I told the AV that this was it - no more. I feel that way deep inside. It doesn't mean that I never think about it but it's not overwhelming.

With a big change in my life coming up, I started into my old habit of feeling overwhelmed. Then I did some work on it and realized that quite a number of potential hassles I was dreading don't have to be so bad. I'm beginning to realize that I create my worst hassles by thinking/doing stuff that I don't need to be thinking/doing. This move will be a great opportunity to work on simplifying and mainly to work on my thinking and how I approach stuff. It's the mental/emotional part that has gotten me every time. This would have been prime time for me to relapse but I am not going to do that. I'm going to use all of the supports I have to change how I handle moving this last time and ignore the AV.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're not succumbing to the carvings to drink. So glad that now you've acquired the tools to reason your way out of crisis mode!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hello all, I'm sorry to say I'm back at Day 1, ready to finally find what I need to make this last. I had 85 days before relapsing this time, before that it was 155 days. I need to have a good think about what lead me to relapse, looking back I realise I had mentally and emotionally relapsed long before the actual relapse.

Right now I just need to get back into recovery mode. Lots of water and green tea!

Hope everyone is doing better than I am today, haha
Old 10-30-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome back, LS. Ponder just how bad your drinking life was, keep yourself very occupied, and jump back on the horse!
Old 10-30-2014, 03:57 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff sas

welcome back LS

D