Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 2

Old 10-22-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi fantail.

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't really know at this point what my plan is. I was going to check out the SR recovery methods thread later to learn. Not opposed to meetings but will have to see how schedules go, as I am starting a new job on Monday.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Futurenow and Tyler, I'm glad that both you guys found SR and made your way to the October class. There are lots of great folks in our class and it's been so helpful to me since finding it myself on October 1. Dive in and stay close.....there's so much to gain. Y'all can do this! I look forward to seeing both of you around. Welcome.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Welcome Futurenow, and Tyler!
Old 10-22-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
FutureNow, welcome! You definitely can do this. Being a high functioning alcoholic takes a TON of work... powering through and seeming normal when you're wrestling an addiction is a herculean feat. If you've managed to do that for so long, you can manage to quit. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant sometimes but so is going to work with a secret hangover. And the difference of course is that the difficulty of sobriety pays off, whereas the difficulty of hiding an addiction just hurts.

Are you going to do any in-person groups or therapy?
Dead right there, never thought of it like that... another bullet to the aresenal against alcohol!!!! Thanks...
Old 10-22-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Welcome to the newly sober, good choice, not always easy, but always better!!! A good day 4 here for me, just going to work and doing stuff... weekend is looming and will be tough. A drinking friend of both of ours is coming over, traditionally a mega blast. Hardly ever see him, so that will be tough... but I suppose I just have to remember how badly I embarrassed myself infront of him once.... maybe he'll like me sober right enough!

It funny how I just never want alcohol, till I want it, then i really want it and give in so bloody easy its untrue.... gotto work on that bit... no giving up!!!

Happy wednesday night folks xx
Old 10-22-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post

It funny how I just never want alcohol, till I want it, then i really want it and give in so bloody easy its untrue.... gotto work on that bit... no giving up!!!
That's exactly how it is, isn't it. Amazing it can sneak up on us so quietly.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Sneaky buttface alcopoop.... lets stamp on its ugly frothy heady....
Old 10-22-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

enfinthechange, you just made me laugh out loud! And I don't think 'it' likes when we do that!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Good to see new people joining us on this journey. Day 12 I think. Still eating too much. No cravings. Really happy.

Been watching Grimm on Netflix. It's so good!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

1 week sober. Keeping a positive attitude. I have had a few hurdles, but getting there. Issues with anxiety have improved. Can't shift the feelings of anger though. I seem to have a problem with my temper at home just now.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Great on day 12 easyrider, especially no cravings.
Kevin, weeks 1 and 2 were harder for me than the third, so hang in there...it'll get better. I think some degree of moodiness is expected. I've had my share of grumpy too. I like being grumpy better with no hangover!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:45 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Fromadistance, happy to help!!! i always sing your name like that song....

Kevin, i know what you mean - i am thinking i am angry at the fact I have wasted so much and feel so stupid about the things i have done... but also angry I cant just drink like everyone else.....grrrrr but I can change the future, and maybe all the other drinkers aint too proud or happy either!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 01:46 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
Being a high functioning alcoholic takes a TON of work... powering through and seeming normal when you're wrestling an addiction is a herculean feat. If you've managed to do that for so long, you can manage to quit. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant sometimes but so is going to work with a secret hangover. And the difference of course is that the difficulty of sobriety pays off, whereas the difficulty of hiding an addiction just hurts.
Gotta quote this again. Well said Fantail!

Welcome all new Octsoberers!
Old 10-22-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

enfinthechange, that's funny because I had forgotten about that song. The morning I found this site, I was feeling so down and thought that I could only get a vague glimpse of what my life (sober)could be...from a distance. So that's the nickname I chose.
If I had realized how much posting etc. I had in store, I would have picked something like 'M' !
Old 10-22-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Not a terribly productive day

I thought I was recovering from this nasty cold that I've had since last Monday, but today I woke up feeling just awful--stuffed up all over again, and really tired from being up all night coughing.

I did manage to apply for a job, finish the last square of my blanket, and make dinner. Oh yeah, I got dressed too (something I was sure was not going to happen).

Drink? No thanks. I'm having a hard enough time functioning with this cold and a total lack of energy and ambition.

If any of you can find it in you, please say a prayer about the job. I really need to get back to work. I think the longer I sit around the harder it's going to be to get off my duff when the time comes. (And, oh yeah, I need the money.) Thanks.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

ClubMedGrad, prayer done...good luck! Hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

From one New Englander to another, good luck on the job ClubMedGrad!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Great quote fantail!!! Been there. Never going back. I enjoy being sober!!

Day 22!!
Old 10-22-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Fingers crossed for you ClubMed!

I had a long day and I am tired and cranky and headachey and have ZERO energy. I think I'm going to run a bath with lavender-scented Epsom salts, read my book until the water turns cold and then crash early. And, sober. Wow, six days. I have tried so many times just to get 24 hours without drinking in the last year and failed, it's not even funny.

Good to see so many rhymes-with-October familiar names here!
Have a great night everyone, I'm off to run my bath.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I haven't posted here yet, but I am in the October club and I thought I should chime in before the month ends. I will go back and read this thread to get caught up on everything.

3+ weeks for me now.