# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of October 2014 Part 2

We continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2014-a-20.html

D
Old 10-18-2014, 12:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm in for Oct. and better late than never.

Day 9 for me. Things have been going well this week, no major problems yet.
I'm being extra vigilant and tweaking my plan a bit this time around.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 20, wow.. sleep pattern seems to be returning to normal, haven't been as tired, still going to bed earlier though, it really helps. Another extremely large bag of sweets emptied.. I am starting to wonder how I could possibly have afforded to buy so much wine and how I could have thought it was ok to drink it in large quantities every night. What a waste of money and my life. I love being sober and hangover free.. Octsober rocks good luck today everybody x
Old 10-18-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Brickthrowing.

D
Old 10-18-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning. I went to bed sober and woke up without a hangover for the first time in about a year. Yay me. On to day two!

I'm not working today, and no plans other than walk dogs and putz around cleaning house and raking leaves. Which is !dangerous! since I drink alone. So, I think I will make up one of my favourite crock pot recipes and invite myself to my friends "Mary" and "John's" house: I'll provide dinner, and they will provide the big screen TV and a movie on demand. They're probably my best friends in the world, and I'm going to be completely honest about what's going on. They know my drinking is an issue, but not how big an issue. And I need to start being really honest. Instead of pretending my bloodshot eyes are because of seasonal allergies, or my sleeping in is due to vague complaints of insomnia, and crap like that. Oh, and I am going to a noon AA meeting, which I'm nervous about since I'll be "returning."

Mary is addicted to food and she's scheduled for bariatric (sleeve) surgery in about a month. I've already told her that when she goes on her pre-op liquid diet, I'm going to quit drinking in solidarity with her. I'm just getting a head start.

I hope everyone else woke up without hangovers and grateful!
Old 10-18-2014, 04:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Stevie, sounds like you've got a solid plan for day two. Great that you've got friends to confide in....have a great day.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning all! Welcome stevie and brickthrowing. Stevie sounds like a good plan to get out and be social and lean on your friends. I also used the allergy excuse to try to cover up my various states of illness from drink.... good to not have to anymore. I'm three weeks in aside from a slip last weekend (but Rome wasn't built in a day!). Came close to slipping again last night. I knew there was some wine in the fridge from Thanksgiving and I was home alone..... Anyways lucky for me after about an hour of humming a hawing about it I went over to get it and it was gone!! My boyfriend had beaten me to it! So he inadvertently saved me from myself Now there is no alcohol in the fridge to wink at me from across the room.... phew. It's a powerful addiction we are dealing with... no matter how much my higher self wants to stop my lower self still wants immediate gratification, a mood changer, an escape, an excuse to not have to be my best.....

Hope everyone has a great sober Saturday! I know temptation is there on the weekend but we should try to not feel deprived but instead liberated to do be able to do things that our drinking held us back from
Old 10-18-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow zen, I really admire those that can get through this knowing alcohol is in the house. I absolutely don't think I would / could resist. Im glad the wine was gone! Have a great Saturday.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah there was beer in there all week too. I try to think of it like I did when I quit smoking.... I was going to be around other smokers.... the world is not going to change on my account. The only thing stopping me is me. I can drink anytime I want to. When I quit smoking I used two phrases. NOPE Not One Puff Ever. And cigarettes travel in packs. I'm trying to use the same thinking now. I like the phrase that I've seen here a lot. One drink is too many and two is never enough. That really sums it up.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Honestly, I kept what was left in the fridge all last week thinking "just in case" or "not today, but maybe later". I don't know why. Yesterday, I said goodbye and dumped it all. It's day 8 now and I don't understand my original reasoning. Somehow it worked and I made it through. Thank goodness!

Hi, Brickthrowing! Glad you're here!

Stevie~ Great plan! I hope you'll share your recipe.

Dunsuppin ~ The wasted money!!! I try not to think about it too much. Ugh.

What's everyone's plan for all this extra cash? I'm thinking about a spa day each month.

Happy sober Saturday!
Old 10-18-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes. I dumped what ever vodka I had left in the house down the drain weeks ago. Felt good! I can't have that stuff sitting around here. Especially on a Saturday afternoon. When I was over at my parents house this week for five days my dad had the huge bottle of Kirkland vodka sitting out. You know. The BIG bottle. That really messed me up mentally. Still early in sobriety so rather not even look at the stuff.

Woke up clean and sober this morn. Great nights sleep. Hitting the pumpkin patch up around 10am eastern time with the fam. Enjoy the day everyone and be safe.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Arbor, must be gorgeous in New England now. Sounds like you have a great day planned. I've always liked the smell of jack o lanterns when the candle has burned a while. Haven't thought of that in ages. May have to make a run......to the pumpkin patch. Hope your day is great!
Old 10-18-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Brickthrowing!

Arbor, that is especially tough for me too (being around family and booze/beer). I've had a few slips from that. This time, I'm going to try and avoid it if at all possible.

So day 3 for me... Day 2 was hard, but not quite as bad as day 1. Day 2 always seems to be the hardest for me for some reason (glad it wasn't this time).

I got my flu shot yesterday, which sent my anxiety through the roof for a few hours. I was able to get to sleep, but woke up once not knowing where I was for a sec. But overall, much better, and I plan to keep busy with chores and doing things with the family today.

I hope everyone is having a great, sober day. Let's be strong together!
Old 10-18-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day Two

Day two starts now.

Yesterday was good. I was off work. Went to two meetings, got three phone numbers, two of which I was proactive and asked for myself. Cooked a couple of good meals. Didn't have any real thoughts of drinking, though I did get a bit startled when I got home last night and opened a kitchen cabinet to find two bottles of wine in a spot I didn't normally keep them. I opened them up and laid them upside down in the sink right away with the water running full blast and then walked into another room so I wouldn't smell them at all. I slept GREAT last night. No waking up at four in the morning for thirty minutes as my body screams for more booze.

I have to work this morning/afternoon. Going to another meeting tonight. No other plans. Probably just be lazy around the house, read and watch a movie or something.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 16. Feeling great this morning.

Off for a friend's birthday dinner and then watching the new Dracula film tonight.

Enjoy your day my friends.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.! I hope you are having a good Saturday. I'm heading over to the Ocala Jeeptober with the top down!! Is a beautiful day and it's even better because I'm sober!

Day 18!!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Afternoon all. Having a terribly lazy day today. Just watching rugby and knitting a sweater - that's another benefit to sobriety. I always have pair of knitting needles in my hands but now I'm not having to spend half my time unpicking whatever drunken mistakes I made the night before
Old 10-18-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Pushkin I've been knitting like crazy too! I finally finished the project I started last fall lol
Old 10-18-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I'm Suzi, and I would like to join you all in the class of October. I'm reading through the thread trying to catch up & get to know everyone. But wanted to say hello in the meantime :-)
Old 10-18-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 20. I made it through a part 2 of a monthly class. Lol, grateful for that