Notices

24-Hour Recovery Connections Part 19

Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

It's 9:28AM here in Virginia. Signing up for 24 more please!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  
p***enger

It's 9:40 a.m. in NYC and I'd like another 24, please.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

24 more for Toots please!
Old 10-15-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Viking thinking of you.

24 more please in New York at 10:04am. Love you, my friends.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I'm signing in with a broken heart. My mom has been telling me of some of the issues she has faced with my niece. Last week I told my mom that my niece is acting like an alcoholic with her lying, stealing and manipulation, and the escalation of it. My mom assured me she wasn't drinking, but then realized I might know more about this than she does. (mom and dad never drank) Yay for my experience and insight. Sure enough, my niece is drinking, and I don't see how she will ever free herself from the web of lies and stealing at this point. Can you say denial??? My sister (her mom) died of alcoholism. Pray for the situation, please. Part of me is angry and part of me is heartbroken. My resolve is fine. AV is cowering in a corner right now because of this. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Checking in. Day 45. Two nights in a row I've had dreams I gave in . Worst feeling

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
Old 10-15-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

This thread is a roller coaster today.

Hang on, everyone, hang on.

I have a "Just For Today" little flip calendar with a thought for the day every day. Yesterday's was,

"Just for today I will notice my thoughts. They are creating, not just reflecting, my life."

The calendar was given to me by my dear late mother - who could have used one of these herself, LOL. It was written by a friend of hers, Anne D. Mather, and I've used it daily for many years, it's right by my espresso machine.

VikingGF, Altoids, HeartsaFire, my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else who is facing some sort of inner turmoil today. Today I am clear and for that I am grateful. I know that this too will pass, so I'm appreciative that I have no quarrels in my head right now. Last night I woke up at midnight after some ick dream and had to get up - so something is brewing. I just don't know what it is yet.

I won't drink over it, that much I know.

So good to see those of you who are new to this thread. Stick with us, strength in numbers.

24 more, please 8:14AM, PNW
Old 10-15-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

CA in at 8:21 am.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

So sorry, Altoids.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Yes, this thread is a roller coaster today. LOL! I am so thrilled to be living in Soberworld. It is heartbreaking, though, to see someone you love acting as an alcoholic (she has to decide that for herself) and knowing that, until they want help, there is really nothing you can do except live an example of what life on this side is like.

At this point I am listening to her with a different filter. She is getting no more money from me no matter what. And I can support my mom since she is the one that lives nearby and dealing with it on a regular basis.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in for another 24 hours sober.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Committing to another 24hrs - 1:10pm
Old 10-15-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

I missed yesterday and am catching up. It does feel like we have to hold on together. I have known my share of struggles and sadness lately and my thoughts are with everyone having a difficult time.Thank you for the strength from those in a more positive place.

I do have happy news. I missed posting yesterday because I was busy driving to a shelter about an hour from here to adopt a dog. I saw him on Petfinder on Monday night. He has a blue and a brown eye like Charlee. As soon as I saw him, I knew he was the one. No question.

We named him Finneus (Finn) Winchester. I came up with Finneus and my daughter came up with Winchester. He's about a year old and is perfect. It feels like a new start and although I will always miss Charlee, it feels good to have saved another dog. And at such a young age, he'll need lots of exercise and that will get me out of the house and we'll have our own set of adventures. I'll try to post a photo soon.

Take care, everyone.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

How wonderful, Charlee! I'm partial to two different colored eyes (I've got two distinctly different shades of green).
Old 10-15-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Well today I really feel like go back to my old life drinking I think it will no be as an relapse but I choose to go there my head and my heart is in turmoil. I miss my old life of not feeling or who knows. My AV really is talking with me today. My sober voice it fighting with my drunk one.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Choose life, not death, Erfra!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

((((Erfra))))
Old 10-15-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

I think we just looped the loop right there.

CSM! Congrats on your new family member. Charlee is smiling and wagging from the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh, erfra7 - drinking is not going to straighten out anything in your life, and the next time you drink may be the time that you don't come back. Please stay here and keep reading and posting. Do you have anyone in your life you can call or visit? How about a meeting?
Old 10-15-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Right now at least I'm at work until five. I been digging at my past and is a lot of feelings coming out. It one meeting that I will go hopefully at 8. Plus I didn't know how I drown my feelings all this years. ok back to work thank you all
Old 10-15-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

If digging at your past is getting to you (and that's what happens) then call a number on your AA list. They will help you get past it, efra.

I did a lot of self-work 25 years ago. AA wasn't part of that. If you want or need to slow down the process of the steps, do that. If they are causing you to want to drink, talk it out before that drink.

We all have a past that causes us pain until we make peace with it. You will make peace with it, and it will be okay. Feeling all the feelings is tough for us, we're not used to it! I understand.