Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good - III

Old 08-15-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing fine today

Congratulations on your job and project, Stoogy.

I'm doing well these days, I've been feeling good, but studying/ working is still my biggest challenge, as well as eating right. But as I never give up, I'm planing to lose some serious weight on the next months, and study to a "job exam" let's put it that way (you pass the test, you get the job - it's very very hard to pass). I probably won't pass, so my priority now is losing weight, exercising, taking care of my health, which includes being sober of course.

Have a nice sober friday everyone
Old 08-15-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

well i must say since i got sober for almost 6 months life didn't improve right away but i think the effects are kicking in right now. even though i slipped a tiny bit, i am right back on track and life has never been better. things are working out and my goals are bigger and brighter than ever. i'm working towards them very day and im prepared to continue striving even further every day.

ive been appreciating my time with my daughter more than ever lately as well..

everythings going good. i'm aware anything could happen at any time, but for now, i'm very content with the way things are going.

have a good day all
Old 08-15-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

very nice words, krete it's great to read them

proud of you friend
Old 08-16-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

I'm a bit low energy this week. Had been feeling on top of the world, like I was charging ahead. Then a low week hit me. It's not bad, just a bit blah. It reminds me to really appreciate the highs (sober highs) of life while they're happening.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hi Guys, hope you all are having a great day, as this is my second stint at sobriety I have a question for any of you guys with more knowledge than me.

What was the withdrawals like compared to the first time? And does the duration of the relapse make it easier?

Cheers in advance guys
Old 08-17-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Having a great day here, how about you?

cheers
Old 08-17-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Having a great day here, how about you?

cheers

Having a good day too buddy, back to my diet coke staple diet lol, just dreading withdrawals kicking in soon, especially the insomnia that was the worst the first time around,
Old 08-17-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

If you did not drink too much for too long, I guess this time will be easier... stay strong!!
Old 08-17-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Administrator

In my experience I could never predict withdrawals Stoogy - some were pretty user friendly and some were not.

Hope yours tend to the former

D
Old 08-17-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

hey guys, whats going on. another fun week of work ahead of me. love that fact that im going to bed at 930 at night now. except tonight because i actually slept for 12 hours from 10am to 10pm today....i needed to playcatchup badly!!! wow it felt great.

hope everyone is well. i gotta change my new sober date to...tomorow ill come on and fix it.
take care.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:48 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Thanx guys as always, I have learned a whole bunch this time, firstly even the thought of drinking again makes me feel physically sick, I never used to get hangovers either but I did this time which makes it all the easier to walk away from for me.

Thanx again guys and have a great day.
Catch up soon.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Looks like I'm changing my quit date to today,AGAIN !!! It seems I do well for awhile and then, usually when I have had a drink with friends, if it comes out, I,ll have a puff and before you know it, I back at it ! I,m so pissed at myself right now! I can,t believe I keep doing this ! Really pissed this time and have decided to quit booze too this time. I never get drunk, but I see it an opening to pot,so if I,m going to be successful and get my life the way I want it going, both need to go right now. New quit date Aug.18th. I,ll be around .I,m going to kick this habit if it kills me trying!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:26 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
Looks like I'm changing my quit date to today,AGAIN !!! It seems I do well for awhile and then, usually when I have had a drink with friends, if it comes out, I,ll have a puff and before you know it, I back at it ! I,m so pissed at myself right now! I can,t believe I keep doing this ! Really pissed this time and have decided to quit booze too this time. I never get drunk, but I see it an opening to pot,so if I,m going to be successful and get my life the way I want it going, both need to go right now. New quit date Aug.18th. I,ll be around .I,m going to kick this habit if it kills me trying!
Hi HC, sorry too hear that buddy but you can do it, I'm starting over too and I'm on day 2 officially, let's do this together with all the guys here.

Forgot how awful the first day or so is, sweats and chills etc but we have done this before and we both feel the same way.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Good call, HC. Alcohol is poison.

A detoxed liver leads to good mood, good health, positive thinking.

It's another life, my friend.

This idea that drinking in moderation is good for health, it's a selling lie.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hey Stoogy, keep steady. Early days are tough, but soon they'll be gone.

You know the path already. Just walk it with patience, soon you'll be feeling ok.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Hey Stoogy, keep steady. Early days are tough, but soon they'll be gone.

You know the path already. Just walk it with patience, soon you'll be feeling ok.

Cheers Buddy, appreciated.

I'm not going to fail this time, catch up soon.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hey all. hope all is well. life is taking a radical turn for the good for me. lots going on. i will elaborate more tomorrow. i hope you are all doing well.

feeling really good about myself.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Happycampers

whatever it is sounds promising Krete.

D
Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Glad to see you back Happycampers and Stoogy. HC, I agree that having a drink makes smoking a joint seem like a good idea. I really had to avoid those situations but I know it's not easy when all your friends smoke it. I was at a party not too long ago and someone was rolling a joint. He was too drunk to roll and was spilling the weed everywhere. He handed it to me for help but I said I didn't smoke. Funny thing, just being around it I started sneezing a lot. Always felt like I was a bit allergic, when I quit the sinus congestion stopped and so did the ringing in the ears. Another reason it was bad for me.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:05 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Just completed day 3 of detox, feeling a lot better than the last time I done this thankfully, just had the usual sweats, insomnia and general feeling of unease but compared to the first detox I done after 20 years of abuse this has been a lot lot better, and if I remember correctly after the first 3 days it got better anyway so here's to another good day for everyone,
Take care guys.