Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good - III

Old 07-01-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

hey guys im doing good.

money situation a mess still. my back is the worst its ever been in my life...sigh!! ugh it hurts.

sober and loving it
Old 07-01-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Hey Stoogy, doing fine here, you are you doing friend?

It will be hard to stop Germany, but I'm rooting for Holland.

Holland can't be in the semi finals against Brazil, but it could be the final match.

Semi finals should be Brazil vs Germany and Argentina vs Holland.

Therefore Germany vs Holland in the final, I guess.

Of course I'm rooting for Brazil, but I don't believe we can beat Germany in the semi final.

But anything can happen. Great World Cup, that's for sure. Go Costa Rica
Hey buddy, hope you are having a good one!

This has been the best World Cup I have ever seen, it's just goals goals goals.

I would love Holland to do it.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
hey guys im doing good.

money situation a mess still. my back is the worst its ever been in my life...sigh!! ugh it hurts.

sober and loving it
I feel for you buddy, but so glad you are loving life.
Take care man.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Today I began the "niacin therapy", which means I started taking large doses of niacin (vitamin b3), way above the RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance).

Read some very interesting information about it, large range of benefits, I'm pretty optimistic and even excited about it.

So what is the benefit of b3? I take a strong dose of vitamin b100 capsules every day after my dinner, it's a great boost for sure but the riboflavin turns your pee bright yellow! Lol.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
So what is the benefit of b3? I take a strong dose of vitamin b100 capsules every day after my dinner, it's a great boost for sure but the riboflavin turns your pee bright yellow! Lol.
B-complex is great supplementation... yes, my pee sometimes turns almost green LOL

Large doses of niacin helps relieve depression and anxiety, rises HDL ("good cholesterol") and decreases LDL ("bad cholesterol"), among other benefits. So I've read! It's a little tricky though, it has a side effect called "niacin flush", harmless but very weird.

Almost 5 months sober here. Krete too, I guess!

How about you Stoogy, almost 8?

Being sober became easier for me, thank God.

Where's HC?
Old 07-01-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

hey guys im doing good.

sober and loving it

Glad to know you are doing fine!!

Almost 5 months for us, huh??

Sorry to hear your back still hurts... man I don't have any advice on that sorry. I have some back pains too from time to time. It sucks.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

The B3 supplement does sound good apart from the flush thing, yeah I'll be 8 months in just around 3 weeks which is pretty cool and it has flown by to be honest, especially because alcohol is no longer always on my mind, still is at some point every day but not for too long thankfully.

5 months is awesome guys, you are doing so well.

Just gonna watch the USA match and I really hope they beat Belgium basically because I've met some fantastic American pholk on this site and I know BigSombrero will be cheering big time.

Have a great day guys.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

yeah I'll be 8 months in just around 3 weeks which is pretty cool and it has flown by to be honest, especially because alcohol is no longer always on my mind, still is at some point every day but not for too long thankfully.

Great thing, Stoogy! Me too, I'm craving much less.

Belgium vs USA was great game. I hope Belgium can stop Argentina, but probably not.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

yea man 5 months cant believe it!! this last month has really dragged but looking back on it all, it has really flown by.

i just thinking back to how my body is healing from years of abuse and i got a long way to go.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Great thing, Stoogy! Me too, I'm craving much less.

Belgium vs USA was great game. I hope Belgium can stop Argentina, but probably not.

It does help when we crave that bit less, really enjoyed the USA game last night and thought Belgium were worth the win in the end but can they handle Messi? That's a different proposition completely as when he is on his game there is not a team on the face of the earth that can stop him.

Good to hear from Krete too, all the guys here are doing a great job.
Must say I've got mixed emotions today, been offered a job which is within a large UK based kitchen company with which I have worked before so I'm well known and can get this job if it suits, but the thing is I hated it towards the end of my last spell there and that's when my drinking increased! I know I'm a different person these days but the thought of that scares me a little, the job pays well but what do I do? Sorry for the longer post just thought I'd ask you guys for any advice.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

congrats brazillian for 5 months bud.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

It does help when we crave that bit less, really enjoyed the USA game last night and thought Belgium were worth the win in the end but can they handle Messi? That's a different proposition completely as when he is on his game there is not a team on the face of the earth that can stop him.

Good to hear from Krete too, all the guys here are doing a great job.
Must say I've got mixed emotions today, been offered a job which is within a large UK based kitchen company with which I have worked before so I'm well known and can get this job if it suits, but the thing is I hated it towards the end of my last spell there and that's when my drinking increased! I know I'm a different person these days but the thought of that scares me a little, the job pays well but what do I do? Sorry for the longer post just thought I'd ask you guys for any advice.
Do you need the job? Do you think you can handle it?

A job opportunity is a good thing, think twice before you reject it. And remember you can always quit the job later if it is not working for you.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

congrats brazillian for 5 months bud.
Thanks Krete, but I did not reach it yet ... still a few days left
Old 07-02-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Do you need the job? Do you think you can handle it?

A job opportunity is a good thing, think twice before you reject it. And remember you can always quit the job later if it is not working for you.

Thanks buddy, I don't need the job to be honest but I do need a focus in life so a job is required for that I suppose, I will probably take the job and like you say I can always quit if I feel it's putting my sobriety in jeopardy.

Thanx for your help my friend, really appreciated as always.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

If you really don't need the job, and there's a good chance the job will stress you in a way that puts your sobriety at risk... well... you have to think about it really carefully... analize pros and cons...

I understand you, I need a focus in life too... a purpose... and I really don't think I can fulfill the purpose of life in a job ... I'm still lost in that matter.

Seriously, don't take any advice from me as regard to job and work and carrer ... I hate to work and I'm a loser.

Hope you make the best decision for your develpment and well being, my friend.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

If you really don't need the job, and there's a good chance the job will stress you in a way that puts your sobriety at risk... well... you have to think about it really carefully... analize pros and cons...

I understand you, I need a focus in life too... a purpose... and I really don't think I can fulfill the purpose of life in a job ... I'm still lost in that matter.

Seriously, don't take any advice from me as regard to job and work and carrer ... I hate to work and I'm a loser.

Hope you make the best decision for your develpment and well being, my friend.
You are not a Loser, anyone who can do what we are doing right here by maintaining sobriety is a winner in my eyes.
Have a great day my friend.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

For sure we are winners for staying sober in this World Cup

Some great games tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Have a nice day everyone.

I miss HC, hope he's ok.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Wishinghope is missing too
Old 07-03-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Wishinghope is missing too
Hope those guys are okay!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Im having one of those days where I feel overwhelmingly happy....which means I'll probably feel the opposite tomorrow...i feel everything is going to work out perfectly etc, etc...probably my brain rewiring itself I suppose?

8 more days for the 5 month mark...can't believe I'm approaching a 6 month sobriety checkpoint...i dont even know what to do any more lol,

i still haven't done Sh IT for responsibility stuff....whats wrong with me? i procrastinate everything..