Notices

Class of May 2014 Part 5

Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 47 here. Stay strong everyone!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
The gal neglected to tell me she was married until the food was on the table.....some people!! Lol.
WHAT???? How in the world did you get hooked up with this date?
Congrats on staying sober and have fun with the dating. That should be quite a fun sober experience, provided you find a better match maker. LOL

I can't believe I'm 10 days away from 2 whole months sober.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cahabr View Post
WHAT???? How in the world did you get hooked up with this date? Congrats on staying sober and have fun with the dating. That should be quite a fun sober experience, provided you find a better match maker. LOL I can't believe I'm 10 days away from 2 whole months sober.
I met her on the beach and started chatting. Lol. That's the end of that.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 47 BigC! And I think we've all had dates that ended up being a bust, I certainly have. It's great you can laugh it off and not get discouraged.

You're doing great Cahabr, I just reached the 2 month mark and it feels incredible! Keep up the good work!

Day 63 here and heading into a very exciting yet challenging week. My brother's family will be here for their week long visit any minute. There will be more drinking going on around me than usual and I need to be on alert and keep my guard up not to let that get to me.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amester View Post
Day 63 here and heading into a very exciting yet challenging week. My brother's family will be here for their week long visit any minute. There will be more drinking going on around me than usual and I need to be on alert and keep my guard up not to let that get to me.
Sending you strength and well wishes, you got this!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Evening everyone...been cray cray busy but all is well. 53 strong. Hope all r well. Still praying for u all...stay strong!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Craziness cahabr...I hear u as I am 60 next Tuesday...keep on keeping on! So exciting! Blessed for sure!
Old 07-02-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Morning all. 48 days here. Stay tough today.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

In case any of you don't know, I haven't abandoned you - just dealing some real life stuff.

Stay strong guys

D
Old 07-02-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
In case any of you don't know, I haven't abandoned you - just dealing some real life stuff.

Stay strong guys

D
Dee, praying hard for you and your situauion. You are always so encoraging to all of us, so I wish that we can be that for you in your time of need. Thank you for all you do each day for us! Hanging solid as that rock you talk of, this is merely construction of a new path for you that will ultimately allow u to be a stronger soldier in the battle...keep marching, keep the faith! Much love!
Old 07-02-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 64!

I am having so much fun with my family's visit, I wouldn't have even been allowed around the kids if I were still using.

Happy hump day everyone!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

@Dee--hang in there!
Old 07-02-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

So I went to see the doctor yesterday. I was originally prescribed 10mg lexapro and 1mg klonipin. After two weeks the klonapin went to .5 mg and yesterday I was told to cease the klonapin. That was not a good idea! Feeling odd today so I called the doc and she gave me .25 mg for the next two week. I did some reading and know that this is used in matters such as these but I thought she would have tapered me off. Took one of the .25s just about an hour ago and feeling better already. I just don't want to trade one habit for another. I feel I've done great in the past 48 days and have t felt bad or odd at all. Any thoughts guys?
Old 07-02-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Wish I hsd some input big C... never taken either but I would imagine it would be a slight withdrawal...hopefully the taper down will eliminate that for you...way to keep plugging along.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! 49 days today. Stay strong all!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
So I went to see the doctor yesterday. I was originally prescribed 10mg lexapro and 1mg klonipin. After two weeks the klonapin went to .5 mg and yesterday I was told to cease the klonapin. That was not a good idea! Feeling odd today so I called the doc and she gave me .25 mg for the next two week. I did some reading and know that this is used in matters such as these but I thought she would have tapered me off. Took one of the .25s just about an hour ago and feeling better already. I just don't want to trade one habit for another. I feel I've done great in the past 48 days and have t felt bad or odd at all. Any thoughts guys?
Hang in there. I don't have any experience with these particular meds but I have been addicted to other meds in the past and was worried I'd be stuck on them forever. I just keep lowering the dosage and trying to go a day or 2 without, which eventually led to 3-4 days then stopped using completely. You'll get there.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Big C

I'm always of the opinion you're better to go with your Dr than the opinions of a bunch of us here on the internet.

We may indeed know a lot...but none of us have the benefit of your case history in front of us

D
Old 07-03-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the support guys - I'm being proactive and that alone helps me to stay positive and kicks the fear well into the sidelines

Hope to be settled and back regularly soon

D
Old 07-03-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hope everything is ok Dee, hang in there!

Day 65 here!

I've had moments the past few days where I wished I could drink all afternoon and evening like my dad and brother, but I haven't actually had the urge. I know if I decided to drink it would have to be secretive and it would be a binge rather than casual social drinking. I've been so happy lately, why ruin it? Especially with a substance I don't particularly care for anyway. It's just not worth it.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I'm not having a food day. I have no urge to drink nor am I even thinking of drinking but I'm just having a bad day. I don't feel well at all and I have deduced it to the doctor abruptly stopping the meds and then cutting them down when I complained. I just don't feel like me.