Notices

Class of May 2014 Part 5

Old 06-26-2014, 01:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's always support here Gwen

D

Last edited by Dee74; 06-26-2014 at 02:01 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tips needing help. Unfortunately I don't drive but I must learn as it would be the perfect excuse to give!

Was thinking I'm going to tell them I've been ill and am on antibiotics as that also gives me an excuse to leave early if I need to. Going on my own too which doesn't help but I figured I need to get out of my cave sometime. Going to make some plans for early Sunday morning too to keep my mind focused.

7 weeks for me today! As some of you know I've been on a big health kick too and I weighed myself this morning - am down 20 pounds in 5 weeks. Amazing! Still have about 30 to go but what a start.

Why didn't I do this ages ago?
Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 42 here. Stay string everyone!!
Old 06-26-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheBigC View Post
Morning all. Day 42 here. Stay string everyone!!
strong not string Lol
Old 06-26-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 7 weeks and the 20 lbs RecoveringMay!

I gained a lot of weight the first month of recovery, I had stopped eating while on the drugs. And I was going sugar crazy for a while. It's starting to balance out though thank goodness.

Day 58!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good day everyone!
It looks like it is day 40 for me. RecoveringMay I want to know your secrets :-). I lost 5lbs in the beginning but have put it back on. You are inspiring me to get busy. I need to lose about 15lbs. OK I quit alcohol so I should be able to quit pizza! I'm on it! Congrats on 7 weeks!

1step, I'm so sorry someone tried to squish your pride. He had a story behind it and it is probably sad. I trust you have thrown the ick out by now.

Gwen I hope you can walk off the anxiety. I admire your decision to exit work. My job makes me anxious but don't have a way out yet. I'm working on it. I love seeing the progression in changing lives for the better here. Every one of you inspire me!

I'm off to get my list done. I'm turning into a lister! It is helping.
Way to go everyone!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well night night from me. I had a good meeting. It reminded me to keep things very simple and stop beating myself up. If I'm not drinking, I'm winning. Everything else can wait. X
Old 06-26-2014, 02:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I love what you just said Gwen, i def need to also stop beating myself up. My best friend always tells me "you are way too hard on yourself." he's right, I totally am. And I feel guilty some days when I'm not all that productive, but just getting through the day clean is all I really "need" to do right now. As you said, "everything else can wait."
Old 06-26-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Howdy family...long time no post! Day 38! Happy thoughts and stay positive guys!

Old 06-26-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Exhausted from camp... feeling blah. My body isnt adjusting so well right now, feeling every ache and pain from walkin on average 9 miles day. Need my body to sleep through ghe night so ut can mend as anxiety is taking over today... testing for sure. Hope all r doing well.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hit post before I wa done... lol...tired. 48 days...today is minut by minute...praying for 49.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Sorry to see you struggling minion, hope you get through ok

Day 50 for me today and feeling good. I'm a bit apprehensive about the wedding tomorrow but I'm going to hit the gym, get my hair and nails done and then tonight I'm going to spend a few hours reading and writing and making sure I'm in the right frame of mind tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good luck with your day Minion.

Congratulations on 40 days and 50 days.

Simple.... simple...simple.....
Old 06-27-2014, 01:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

rememeber HALT minion - Hungry Angry Lonely Tired.

It often helped me to realise my cravings were the result of a physical condition rather than some uncontrollable desire to drink.

I'm sure you'll feel more settled after some rest

D
Old 06-27-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Morning all. 43 days today. My sister had to go for a battery of tests in prep for her upcoming surgery so I have my nephew the golden retriever puppy my moms dog and a headache. I was up at 4 am taking out the pups. Everything happens for a reason - I quit drinking and feel great just in time to help out with this family hurdle. Stay string everyone!
Old 06-27-2014, 02:20 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Here they are
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-3478554118.jpg (37.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg
image-490089353.jpg (39.6 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-27-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

morning May peeps!!!
sounds like everyone is doing AOK...Day 47 here!
feeling great! despite this being my first weekend in jail as of 8:30pm tonight, I feel an odd sense of calm about it, bizarro! Feel awesome to face these demons on SOBER and CLEAR head!
congrats to all...and RecoveringMay - you go!!! that is awesome to hear!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 59, I woke up with what felt like a horrible hangover, I actually had to think about everything I did last night and make sure I didn't really drink! Nope, I really didn't, but the headache and puking threw me off for a minute. Must just be a bug or something.

I'm so proud of everyone here staying strong and sober through all sorts of life events and challenges- weddings, jail, taking over a family member's responsibilities while they're sick.. I don't know that I could handle any one of those things right now.

Going for a nice walk this beautiful morning, the park and a little breakfast somewhere sound like a good start to the day for me!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi all thanks for all the advise and replies to my last post- doing ok past the 6week point now and TRYING to let that guys remarks go and move on, resentments hurt me more than the person Im angry at. Congratulations on those sobriety milestones everyone.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

BigC dogs always make me smile. Thanks for posting.

Those are great plans RecoveringMay. You will be fine.

Amester I hope you are ok. I have had a couple fake hangovers but none where I threw up. I'm so sorry.

Oh 1step, let the guy's comments go. Big hugs! He has a struggle in his life so strong that he tried transferring the pain on you. Not productive but he obviously doesn't know better.

I will have you in my thoughts Jupiters.

I am sore today! That is a badge of honor really. I set up a home gym routine yesterday and did it. It is raining today but will get out and do a walk. I think I'm starting to break out of my slug syndrome! I got a lot done yesterday for myself besides the exercise. Nice to have a couple good days!

Happy sober Friday everyone!