Notices

Class of June 2014 Part 2

Old 06-15-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Checking in on another cool, rainy day. I've decided to go to a meeting today instead of yoga -have to keep my priorities straight after all.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day Juners!

Day 15 for me! I feel so much better about everything. I hope I can keep this up. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Congrats samsonsworld!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Good morning and Happy Father's Day to all you dad's.

Day 13 for me. I've been awake for about 5 hours now, and realized as I was signing in that this is the first time since I stopped drinking that I haven't thought about alcohol in the morning. Actually I didn't think about it at all until I was looking at my bookmarks for something and realized I hadn't checked in here yet today.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I want to welcome all the new June members. Those of you that are on day 1,2,3 especially, quitting on or just before the weekend shows an incredible commitment on your part. If you can make it through this, you've already put the worst behind you.

Take care and have a great day.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Good morning June Bugs. Happy Fathers Day to all the dad's and grandpa's out there. I hope everyone has a wonderful and sober day!!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good morning to you, Lady June Bug!

I really ought to get off the internet. I have been up since 6:15 AM and haven't had my iced tea yet.

I think I might go for a little bookstore browse and get a few groceries to pack my lunches with.

This weekend it has been taking me four or five hours to do things that I thought I would do in a few minutes, because of being easily distracted plus internetting. But a lot of that web-browsing has been on SR, so that's probably a good thing at this stage. It's my sobriety homework.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm back again after a terrible relapse Friday night. The usual drunken behavior from me.....talking to strangers, and I made a pass at a guy with a girlfriend. He was polite but I made him uncomfortable. My mind is going overboard trying to remember and forget at the same time.
Day2. So glad to be here with everyone, because in my real life it feels like nobody has problems like I do. Thanks guys.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Put the feet up Dee!!

Welcome to Noubledegative and kittycat3, great to have you onboard!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Good morning all June-ers!

Happy Father's Day to the dads/Grandpas out there. But above all, happy SOBER SUNDAY!!

Today will be trickier - we have people coming over for a BBQ with lots of tasty beer. No wine in the house (drink of choice by far), and lots of sparkling water for me.

Not to mention it's Day 7. Can't spoil a week.....!!
Hang in there Applekat...you got this today! Enjoy your sparkly waters. I want to try the new Aquafina sparklers. I like Sparkling Ice - Strawberry Watermelon - Tangerine peach - pink grapefruit....and ther is no sodium no calories and some vitamins! Yum!

Thanks for the NA drink suggestions. I'm going to my sisters for Fathers Day BBQ. I have my two teenage kids with me and not all the adults drink so I'm not as worried. I'm excited to eat a good grilled steak and lots of fruit...and just catch up with my family instead of obsessing about when and how to get my next drink! Don't miss the time and mind suck of alcohol!

I've been with my kids all weekend. When they aren't hanging with friends they still like to hang with me. We just watch movies at home and talk about everything. They are happy to have their sober fully present Mom back.

I hate this disease. Lets kick it's @$$ today

Happy Fathers Day to all the Juner Dads!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Day 2 here, & naturally feeling a bit better. Yesterday was a write off although i did enjoy plowing through half a season of the TV show 'orange is the new black'

About to head of to work, I'm grateful to have 30 hours a week job that i enjoy and steady income is also nice. My drinking habit has been work all day, then drink aprox 2 bottles of wine a night, have been doing this awhile now & have a high tolerance so am able to semi function i.e get out of bed, go to work & 'get through the day' Mornings are full of regret & afternoons are when the alcohol cravings start to ramp up. By the time 5pm rolls around it s home time & drunk time.

& then there is the weekends...that usually involves binge drinking, when i try to drink socially it rarely ends well.

I also have a 3 yr old daughter, whom i have half the time. i don't black out drink when i have her, but things are not good, im love her to pieces & shes a happy wee thing, i know im letting her down by not caring for myself.

Enjoyed reading peoples posts this morning, i can sense some real determination here. Speaking of determination, i was reading up on the science of addiction a bit yesterda (fun thing to do while hungover lol). Addiction is well studied & there is a lot of insightful material out there. I wont get into to it now, but does anyone else have thoughts / ideas on this?

Have a great day ya'll, I be back on here after work...sober
Old 06-15-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday! Happy Fathers Day to those who are Fathers… Day 6 here. Not too sure but pretty sure I missed celebrating with my Dad last year cuz I was on a binge. Feeling grateful today. Everyone have a great day!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Got a red coin today...first meeting since 1 month...was pretty cool. Weekend survived sober and thankful. Wishing all of you an awesome nights rest...onto anther day.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

End of day 2. Glad I have another chance at this. I am feeling content after a nice day with family. Love to all!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

Whether you made it through the weekend or had a bit of a setback, you're still here, and that says something. Please try to post a quick message if you can, nobody's here to judge you, we just want to make it through together.

Anyone else finding Monday's aren't quite as bad as they used to seem? I mean sure you have to go back to work if you have a 9-5, but not being completely wrecked makes it a bit easier, and having the distraction for a good part of the day doesn't hurt either.

Hope you all have a great day and start your week feeling strong and determined.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:54 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

day 2 here. Its winter down under here in NZ & a very chilly evening. i live on my own, except obviously when my wee daughter is with me. kinda lonely & eerily quiet without my normal fuzzy brain alcohol buzz on. But, it's nice to be sipping a hot lime drink instead & trying to keep a positive frame of mind. Don't really like the quiet, looks like the TV is going back on. Have a great day ya'll
Old 06-16-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Originally Posted by EarlyHours View Post
Anyone else finding Monday's aren't quite as bad as they used to seem?
At this particular moment, I am loving Monday's. I am alone on a business trip and the weekends are really boring, unless I am proactive about making up a list of activities to do. Sitting alone in my hotel room all day gives me too much time alone in my own head. Luckily, today is the last day and things will be back to normal after this.

Happy sober Monday, everyone.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning, Everyone! Up an hour early -- on a Monday! Looking forward to the day and getting an important project finished. Plus, going to work gets me out of the house and gives me something to do.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Checking in on day 16. Had a great fathers say yesterday and going into a 4 day work week this week. The wife and I both have Friday off, looking forward to a long weekend.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Day 19. Woke up from a relapse dream an hour ago, and was thankful to still be sober.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi all, I made it through dinner out no urges ate well off to bed. I got kind of loopy in the restaurant like my body was preparing to fight off alcohol like a memory. Can that occur? And I had a dream that I was drunk and devious and awoke scared for a few seconds. Anyway everyone around me is so supportive which I am grateful for. So far so good . Happy Monday stay upbeat and do something nice for yourself. I'm going to do that too. Ohhh I offered advice! What the?!!!! Sea
Old 06-16-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good morning,
I didn't have a great end to the weekend, but I'm here. Nothing crazy, no bad behavior, just the usual caving, but not with my drink of choice. Getting a bit frustrated with myself. If I think too much, I start wondering if I can be just a weekend or Sunday drinker again. I know the answer to that; it's a slippery slope. Need to find some balance also between obsessively posting and checking one minute, then caving without checking first.

I know what I WANT and NEED. That's why I'm here. Not sure how many day 1 restarts I have left though! I felt amazing last week, into the weekend, then handed a mimosa at the BBQ and didn't say no. This is tough. I thought for half a second about pretending it didn't happen but that's not my nature. This is one place I definitely can be honest. And I need to. Thanks for listening!