Notices

Class of June 2014 Part 2

Old 06-14-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Well I finished Ice and a Slice already. There goes my recovery book reading for the tough weekend. Lol. Just goes to show you another "can't stop" facet of my life. One more chapter...one more...
Old 06-14-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

One month sober today!!! Woohoo!!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Yay, Samson!!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I posted in another thread- but perhaps I should have posted here. I suppose I'm "class of June, 2014." This is my second post.

Hi!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Just sitting here on a cool and rainy morning. I was looking forward to getting outside, but I guess I'll be spending my day with a book and some TV. I be checking in throughout the day to keep the boredom away. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! Day 6 for me & I am feeling better every day. Last week I was so low (the day before I quit) that I was fantasizing about being diagnosed with a fatal illness so I could die soon. I am obviously too wimpy to actually plan a suicide, much less carry one out. But regardless, that morbid wish really scared me and for me was the last straw. It was time to do something about my sad situation. Either I was going to rise up & beat this awful thing or I was going to eventually die from it, at least die inside. I had actually been building up to quitting for the last 7 years between reading, forum lurking, etc. Isn't it funny how all of a sudden (at least for me) it was just time, just like that? Not saying I have this licked, hopefully I am not that delusional. But it feels so different this time (I have quit for up to 3 whole days in the past). I really feel strong and hopeful about succeeding this time. I am very aware a lot of it is about my attitude and beliefs. Instead of telling myself "I can't drink" I am saying "I don't have to drink today". For some reason, among many other tools I am taking advantage of, it's working for me so far.

I started a blog today - big step for me. For some reason I have been nervous about doing it even though it is completely anonymous. Nobody will probably even read it anyway! I really love writing and think it will be therapeutic to write my feelings and thoughts as I go through this process. It feels like another step towards being emotionally healthy - which I want more than anything in the world right now. I also started seeing a therapist this week. I felt really comfortable and connected to her right away which surprised me. I am an introvert & it usually takes me a while to warm up to someone.

I know a lot of people here are struggling and I hesitated writing this post - I don't want to seem to be gloating or a pollyanna or something. Know what I mean? But I also think it's important to share what is going right if that's whats happening. It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom, does it?? We are really doing such a fantastic thing for ourselves here.

A wonderful quote which basically sums up how I am thinking lately: "What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: our life is the creation of our mind." Buddha

Pretty cool, huh?

mnrn
Old 06-14-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class Healthiermee, HeyStoopid and Thursdays!! Great to have you all onboard!!

Yeap we've got everyone's back . . . no one is being left behind here on SR!!
Old 06-14-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, hope u are all having a great day. Been pretty busy until now... head is trying to get the best of me, but it will not win...no sir not right now. Gotta keep fightin. Some personal stuff tugging at me at the moment... dont feel like dealing right now.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Greetings to everyone giving sobriety a good try this June!

Hope you are all having a good weekend, and if you are not, I send my sympathies.

Stay hopeful and may you find the scaffolding or handrails you need to stay on the path!
Old 06-14-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi Ya'll

I tried to get sober 3 times, first time lasted a year, second and third time only lasted a couple weeks.

I want to try again, my drinking is making me pretty miserable & getting sober seems like the only solution.

so! SR is bookmarked, i guess ill be getting to know some of yas a bit.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Nouble, mnrn, Thursdays, Healthiermeee, and Hey Stoopid.
Congrats SampsonsWorld.

I'm taking what I think is a well deserved day off. Have a good one guys

D
Old 06-14-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Welcome everyone. I pray you stay herean share andshare some more! You can all do it an we r all here fighting the same battle. I will fight for you nnd myself...
Old 06-14-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I had diet coke at our dinner out tonight. Phew. Normally that would be at least a two glass head start to the bottle at home.

How is everyone doing? Father's Day tomorrow, let's get through that!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! Day 03 for me and I'm going strong
Old 06-14-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me which has been tougher than day 1. A few times today I thought "eh, screw it, I probably don't drink that much and a few might not kill me." Never mind that every six pack and every bottle of wine I've bought over the past several months were bought with that same mindset, and the six pack / wine vanished completely that evening.

Still going strong. No drink for me!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

day 1 here, still hungover from drinking a whole bottle of frangelico, half a bottle of cider, 2 canadian club / ginger ale rtds & some beer...ouch

from experience the first few days always suck, but tomorrow i will feel somewhat better.

i look forward to feeling better.

i can do this!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 5 here checkin in been super busy today (thank god) and feel good.. finally got a moment to check in. starbucks date tonight. Hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to all you Day 1's . Stick it out. I know how you feel right now.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi all good here day something like five? No close calls yet. Every time I get a thought I start with hungry, angry, lonely, tired and go from there. If that doesn't work I do a chore or do something nice, library, local thrift. I'm off on vacation this week until Thursday and I told the couple we are going with I'm not drinking because of blood sugar. My husband and I had another long talk. He is happy and my not drinking brings calm. He won't either because he recently had a long episode of gout his first and he can't do anything if it starts again.
I'm reading a lot and may post from the ladies room this week if I get an urge but since I am a solo isolated at home drinker maybe being out will be a deterrent. Best to all. Thanks for being here for me. Sea
Old 06-14-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey all, day 16 here. Feeling good, got a little bored today, I really need to get back into the exercise habit. Just wanted to check in!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning all June-ers!

Happy Father's Day to the dads/Grandpas out there. But above all, happy SOBER SUNDAY!!

Today will be trickier - we have people coming over for a BBQ with lots of tasty beer. No wine in the house (drink of choice by far), and lots of sparkling water for me.

Not to mention it's Day 7. Can't spoil a week.....!!