Notices

Class of June 2014 Part 2

Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Can't believe I first joined this site three years ago and I'm still struggling with this crap! Day one. It's important that I log in daily. I quit forever.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Can't believe I first joined this site three years ago and I'm still struggling with this crap! Day one. It's important that I log in daily. I quit forever.
It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one. I've been here a couple times saying that I'll be done with it all, but sometimes I lose the motivation and go back to square one again.

I'm in the same boat as you, wanting to check up every day. What do you say we each check in with each other every day until we feel like we're on the right path? A little accountability can go a long ways
Old 06-13-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It's creeping closer to Friday evening (here at least!). How is everyone doing??

To those who are re-joining or joining after lurking (guilty back in April!) - we CAN do it. This can be our time to turn things around. Give ourselves a chance to see how sobriety feels. I've read somewhere - we have been drinking/drugging for so long, it's only fair to give sobriety a decent chance too.

It's actually supposed to be decent weather here this weekend, which is both great, but hard - it's what 'helped' me slip last couple of weekends.

Also - if anyone has any really good movie recommendations let me know - something newer-ish. Hubby and I need a good movie night in after kids get in bed.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi, another try over here too! It's okay to fail sometimes, just so long as we keep trying! Or so I'm trying to think... It seems like people have a hard time in the summer cause the weather is getting nice and there are outdoor BBQs, etc. As a loner drinker I have problems in the summer I think cause it's SO DAMN HOT and I get bored inside. This heat really gets to me.

Wish I had some movie recommendations. I've been watching some war documentaries, but I don't think that makes for a good romantic movie night...
Old 06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome back bblackbirdflyy and Illuminate . . . you guys can do this!!
Old 06-13-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Tell me about it. IN fact, sometimes it is the struggle that bothers me more than the hangovers and negative impacts. I often wish I could just switch to either quit forever or just be OK with drinking forever. One potential bright spot is that I think it is this struggle that eventually drives people to be desperate enough to stop (but what do I know).
Old 06-13-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Amen Bblackbird same here .. looks like a few of us feel the same. Let's all stick to it this time. Day 4.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to all the newcomers - nice to see some familiar usernames too

what kind of sober weekend plans does everyone have?

D
Old 06-13-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey Juners, sorry I havent posted here in a few days, but I am still here... lots of good stuff happening so encouraging! Gonna be a tough weekend for me so I will be here daily from now on... day 36 tomorrow and I need your support! Fathers day weekend and it is as dee said to me a hornets nest of emotional junk... gotta keep fighting though!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

We've got your back Minion

D
Old 06-13-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Blackbird, illuminate and cutengay.... glad u are back and in for the fight...I will fight alongside u and listen. We are all in the same boat... in the may class I decided I was done, and I have been, but I need SR and you have all been so supportive and inspiring to me. I want to help if I can, cause I for suee need the help. Hugs to everyone here in June... keep on fighting!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:04 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi to everyone in class of June 2014. Mind if I join? I joined SR about a year ago, lasted a month. Then of course I started to feel better and decided that I most definitely would be able to drink responsibly and control my intake. Fast forward to signing in here again, now at day 7. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Good luck everyone, I'm here for you all xox
Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Healthiermee View Post
Hi to everyone in class of June 2014. Mind if I join? I joined SR about a year ago, lasted a month. Then of course I started to feel better and decided that I most definitely would be able to drink responsibly and control my intake. Fast forward to signing in here again, now at day 7. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Good luck everyone, I'm here for you all xox
Welcome back healthierme...so glad you are here and you are definitely not alone. Way to go on day 7...keep moving forward.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

My last drink was May 27th, so I consider May 28th my sober date - I guess I can be considered part of the June group.

Day 16 almost over. I started on a Step 4 inventory tonight, and the list is rather long. If someone who has done at least one inventory before could respond to a question I had in the 12 Step support forum for Step 4, I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Saturday to all Nothing special going on with me, I've no plans for the weekend, but really not as worried about it as I was last weekend. Hope you're all doing ok, please check in if you can and let us know how you're doing.

Take care
Old 06-14-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning! Up at 6 with my little one, but up sober!!!!
Day 6. I'm excited. But I know Saturday and Sunday are the trickier days.
Check in all!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Applekat, my four year old fell asleep at 5:30 last night clear through to 6 this morning!!! I'm a little worried about tomorrow at my parents house. I always drink at family events esp w my dad. He knows about my sobriety so hopefully it won't be too bad. I have cards for my husband for Father's Day and some crafts the kids made but I wish I had done more. What are u doing for your hubby.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hereandnow - if your dad knows about your sobriety you should be ok. Good for you being open! My kids picked out a remote control helicopter for daddy. Lol! They did handprint cutouts attached with accordion paper that say "I love you this much". We painted mugs for daddy and also the two grandpas. And we are doing a stepping stone for each grandpa that says "grandkids spoiled here" - for their gardens. And they strung beads for a keychain for each. All relatively cheap and fun! We are hosting Father's Day BBQ on Sunday. We will have nice beer for the men, and sparkling waters for me. That's the plan....!

We went with Lone Survivor for our movie last night. Good, but long. Up till 1 AM. Ugh!! Lol. But doing exhaustion sober is still easier than hungover!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Love your Father's Day ideas I may steal a few!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I got most things from Michaels, a craft store here. They're basically packaged and sold as do it yourself gifts. Easy peasy. The mugs were 2 bucks each and came with the paint!