Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 8

Old 05-19-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

They are beautiful, i just love the "I even picked the bugs off!" part. He is so considerate.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

The long term is so hard to think about! Thanks for getting my brain moving, Free. LOL

I also am trying this strategy - to think of one thing the next morning/day that will be 1000 times better after having had NO drinks the night before.

Like tomorrow morning - I will sit at my daughter's preschool graduation without the empty pit of nausea, swirling head, and clammy hands.

This Saturday morning I will run my next 5K, with strong muscles and willing lungs.

Next Monday morning I will take my kids to a Memorial Day parade bright and early, well groomed and dressed in red, white and blue, and ready to watch my kids giggle and clap. Watching the parade through my kiddos' eyes!

Now I just have to fill in the rest of the days.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

That is a fantastic strategy Kat!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

And for the Fitness Fools, logged 3.1 miles this morning. Feels great.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

That's got to be a wonderful feeling this morning, Chickchick,

Izzy , ...thanks for the post, ...great idea !

Freein , I'm so glad to wake up to your thoughts on sobriety every morning, thank you,.

Applekat , ...dang , until y'alls posts , I didn't realize we were that close to Memorial Day. concrats on the run !!!
I need to get moving again today ,..... Fitness Fools , ....sweet phrase !! .... I gotta be kickin' with the F an F, ... the double F, ...the deucin' F

GT, ... I guess no news has been brilliant news. Congrats on your success

ST, you alright this Monday ?

Adna , I'm so glad you're making your way back to the Great NW . Have a good time breezing through security, ...drug free , and all.

Mariah , ... I'm still getting a laugh about the hair going up , years ago. !
....and your response !?!

Originally Posted by areyoukittenme View Post
This is a really good point. If we want to worry about missing out on anything, worry about missing out on all the long-term good things we can't achieve while we're drinking. At least for me, my life goes nowhere when I'm drinking. All I end up with is short-term pleasure and that gets really unsatisfying really quickly.

Ain't this the truth , esp the part about the " gets really unsatisfying really quickly "

I can never deny the deep pleasure I'd get from drinking , initially anyway, ..but the whole idea of renting it for such a brief time seems like such a bad idea , esp when the negative aftermath has become worse and increasingly worse.

Everyone talks about "stepping up to the plate and taking a swing", in life , but not making it out the dugout , because of blurry vision and a hangover bad enough to kill a small mammal , is about the worst thing ever.

on that note , ..y'all have a wonderful , and sober Monday.

Doesn't sound like a Cloudy Monday around here this morning !!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

That's great kat, just don't dump us for the May class.

You are one of us, <creepy voice> one of us, one of us</creepy voice>

Now back to to your regular programming.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

No way, UP! I'm just trying to be double accountable for the moment. I need my Fools. You're my strength.

By the way, I love it when you do your 'voices'! LOL!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Last, but not least, I am still a fool. I went on a road trip and have my great niece and great nephew for a sleepover. Happy Monday everyone.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StormiNormi View Post
Last, but not least, I am still a fool. I went on a road trip and have my great niece and great nephew for a sleepover. Happy Monday everyone.
Stormi- was thinking about you today! Glad you popped in- hope you have a great time w the sleepover- that's always a brave endeavor!

Up- you are so funny. And the bacon- very cute.

Chick- how sweet is that?! Just another testimony to the fabulous mother that we all know you are.

Kat- those are some great thoughts. I'll have to borrow a few.

Top- yes, I'm waiting on the batman pic, too . Thx for your as always good writin'.

Adna- you really are a constant source of strength and inspiration. Hope you enjoyed your time w your power eating parents... You should see my kids!

Freein- hope you're sleeping well after filling us up with all that inspiration. My kids LOVE Lord of the Rings, btw.

The great day experiment is going well! I guess part of having a great day is learning to deal w disappointments, so they don't weigh too heavily on the opportunity at hand. For me, I just have to keep reminding myself to move forward... beyond the past.... It's time.

It makes me so happy to log on and see how everyone's progressing! Thx for your thoughts!
Old 05-19-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks Izzy, I'm not asleep yet. Just finishing my awesome evening!

Watched the Chelsea flower show on the TV this evening.I feel inspired to tackle the jungle, sorry I mean the garden. That will be the plan for my awesome weekend.

I managed another skipping session today, that's 2 altogether. I'm sure there's a muscle starting to peak through on my calf. No-one's going to kick sand in my face this summer.

Kat, your strategies for the week are "sound as a pound", you've definitely got some positive momentum going.

Stormi, hope the sleepover goes smoothly, be prepared for exhaustion!

ST, hope you've had a better day today.

Goodnight everyone, see you tomorrow.
X
Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
everyone talks about "stepping up to the plate and taking a swing", in life , but not making it out the dugout , because of blurry vision and a hangover bad enough to kill a small mammal , is about the worst thing ever.

Doesn't sound like a cloudy monday around here this morning !!
lmbo!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Well apparently I am not supposed to sleep 8 hours. I should have got up this morning at 6 but went back till 8. I am so tired this afternoon. I feel like a toddler, tired but don't want to take a nap.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Naps are good! If I could convince my kids of that life would be golden!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

The nap is not the problem, taking a short nap is the problem.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

This is so freakin hard........... maybe I can drink a couple times a month. What's wrong with that?! Aaarrgh.........

Day two, and I'm losing it. Losing the will, maybe. I've never hit rock bottom. Not like I want to, but....I just don't know. How else do I remind myself that it's worth it? There is some damage, but sometimes it doesn't seem like enough. Like "I can handle drinking and life, and it's not so bad. Not now" aaaaargh.

I mean, I'm here for a reason (in this thread, on this site) but GAH. I just don't know sometimes.

I was sitting outside for hours at a time today. The last time, just now, it was so nice out and I was just wanting to get some wine and drink it. Why not?!? Better than siphoning off the tops of random bottles of stuff that's not mine and doesn't taste good (or getting drunker and then drinking too much of it and freaking out) but why not just walk to the store and buy a shitload of MY wine and drink it outside in the sun, and FEEL GOOD. Argh.

If it's this hard now, then I don't know how I'll make it through more days. Sometimes I really do think that I should throw in the towel and drink. And just not worry. Maybe my drinking isn't that bad, and if I can keep the drinking apart long enough, enough days in between, then maybe I'll be fine. Fuuuuuuuu**
Old 05-19-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

And I never even responded to someone about the eating thing... it's paleo-ish. Anyway. Blah I can't think straight.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Lucrezia, maybe with the new diet you're trying to do a little too much at once? It's easier to focus on one change at a time, and especially with something as tricky as alcohol. I flat-out needed some junk food to get through the first week or two, personally.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Lucrezia - I don't think everyone needs to hit a pinnacle, dangerous bottom. I haven't hit a bottom like that. It may not be for everyone, but I sometimes watch/read movies, shows or stories depicting addicts in a darker place because we have to remember the disease is progressive and even if we aren't absolutely on death's doorstep, flash forward a few years or a decade of the same crap and we could be. I dunno.

I'm feeling so strong today.

UP - I battle with toddlers that don't want to nap everyday, but cry because they're so clearly overtired, don't tell me I have to deal with a toddler on here, too! Kidding!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'm here just don't have much to say I suppose
Old 05-19-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Well with the diet, half of it I've been doing for years. I wonder thought if sugar I could use for the next couple weeks, just to transition. I think I did that sorta last time, and lasted 33 days.... but, the sugar also in a way keeps the addiction alive (and a bunch of other health issues) so....I don't know. Hmm....

I shall ponder.

And hello to everyone else here.