One Year & Under Club Part 32

Old 05-16-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
p***enger

You're welcome among the Undies, LeThe.

Goodnight, ladies.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

LTV, we just started a new thread, as you can see. If you go back to the previous one and go back about 10 pages, you'll see some sharing about who we all are and our sobriety stories.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-31-a-21.html
Old 05-16-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've got a long day of driving tomorrow. I'd better try again to sleep. See you later, LTV!
Old 05-17-2014, 03:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh, hello, insomniac club! Here we are again @ 3:40 AM. I've been awake since 2:40. It's my new way of life. I'm getting so used to it, it doesn't even bother me anymore. NOT! Actually I'm feeling fine right now and could go for a cup of coffee. The full moon is shining bright through my window. Have a good day in spite, my Dears
Old 05-17-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Carlos I know the license suspension wasn't your choice....It sounded like you are living on a vacation property instead of a more centrally located one, but I guess I the situation all wrong....oops!

I'm off to spend half a day at a "training" on what I like to call love time. My employer requires that I receive a certain amount of professional education every year, and while my employer pays for the training, they don't pay for me to go during work hours. That is the industry standard, but my cantankerous thought process kicks it into high gear, ruminating that I deserve "better" than this and that I am "better" than my industry peers. I was up late last night thinking about how I didn't want to go. This kind of thinking has led me to sabotage perfectly good opportunities doing work that I like in the past. My current job isn't perfect, or even close, but it allows me to balance my responsibilities to my family. So, today, I vow to rise above my negativity, learn what I can at my training, and remember that I'm no better than anyone else in the room. I'm honestly not sure how I figured this out. That's a huge/massive/enormous realization for me.

Have a good day Undies.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
LTV, we just started a new thread, as you can see. If you go back to the previous one and go back about 10 pages, you'll see some sharing about who we all are and our sobriety stories. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-31-a-21.html
Welcome Ltv. I've seen you on the threads. Looking forward to learning more about you.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning Undies,

I'm really not feeling all that bright and chipper this morning. No matter though, it still feels pretty darn good to not be hungover. So for like the 50th consecutive Saturday morning I will experience the joy of addition through subtraction.

I'm just realizing that this anti-alkie concept is ubiquitous in recovery. Learning to be grateful for what we have by expanding its potential, or, better yet, just giving it away without wanting more. If they ever taught anything like that in the schools I attended I must have been absent, or drinking that day.

So, first and foremost, I am grateful for not having bought or brought any chaos home with me last night to wake up next to me in bed this morning. Chaos can have some serious 49 in the breath department.

LTV, welcome to the Undies. I popped in on you blog and read about your recent falling out with your sick old friend. I love that take. I may have a conversation with an empty bottle of Grey Goose and Patron on June 3rd, just to see where it takes us after a year's absence? Thanks for the idea.

Else and Courage, I hope you are both sawing some logs. Gilmer, drive carefully.

Courage, you just took me back to the first post I made on SR on 11/1/10. It followed being dumped by this babe that did exactly what I told her to do when we started up together. I told her if I ever drink, dump me...she did. Anyway, she called me Santana Man. Oh no, are you dumping me too, JAWS? (classic post!) Yes, PP, I too can archive and be nostalgic. Will you be having coffee with your new potential sponsor this weekend?

Glee, congrats on your n-free night outside your noggin. Yes, I do live in a secluded area. It was our weekend/summer retreat outside the city when married. Not all that populated this time of year yet. I promise to buy a helmet with my bike. Me thinks you would make a good task master! DG, the second coming.

So Toots, have any of us made our way into the novel? Haha, your creative process. All I can think of is this PM you sent me a while back....

Drake, congrats on the progress at getting your ride street worthy again.

Well, off to my multitude of chores, then cleaning up for a sleepover.

Enjoy the weekend, Undies. Keep it clean and sober too, okay?

Carlos xx
Old 05-17-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good morning all
I hope you insomniacs got some rest, I actually slept right thru last night and feel refreshed.

LTV, welcome to the Undie Club,

Courage, I hope your Ism has now left you in peace? If not stick close.

Gilmer, happy travels home love. What a wonderful wee trip you have had.

Gleefan well done on developing a little humility, I always think I know more than anyone, but have to accept even one such as I still has something to learn!

Drake, Carlos, Aly, and other Undies, have a great weekend
Old 05-17-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all,

Carlos, great post! Thanks, it helped me.

Gilmer, I hope you got some sleep. I did, some.

I gotta admit, I'm closer to a drink today than I've been in months. FS is out of town. The weather's lovely. I have work to do, but on a pretty weekend, the thought of spending the afternoon in the office just makes me want to drink. And my "isms" are much on my mind so I'm not feeling a lot of tranquility. I'll hit a couple of meetings and maybe call someone I know in AA to have coffee together -- not the potential sponsor, I'm still not sure if I want to pursue that.

I'll make it through today sober. But I wish I weren't always playing con games in my own head. Ah well. Putting down the drink doesn't solve all the one's problems, does it? Although it sure removes a big, fat obstacle to solving them.

Have a great day, everyone. I'm overthinking and should get moving instead.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Carlos- A bike sounds like a wonderful idea... plus it will further your goal of getting into shape again. It might not initially sound like fun, but my guess is that once you started riding, you'd really actually enjoy it. Being stuck in some remote place without a driver's license actually sounds like my idea of paradise- granted, I'm a total introvert so I get that you might not be as thrilled about the idea.

Courage- I was kind of glad to hear that you could relate about the cooler- although at the same time I was sorry that you ever had to put up with the things! Maybe you could make plans for something enjoyable after you get done with your work today? A walk in the park, a funny movie, making fruit smoothies?

Toots- If you're looking for somebody to help proof-read that book of yours, send me a PM. For a friend like you, I'd go through the torture of reading pages and pages of your writing. Seriously though, I bet it's good.

Glee- I hope you get something useful out of the training.

Anyway, I am off to finish up that stupid cooler. I was going to do it yesterday but decided some of the pieces needed more time for the paint to dry. Then it's time to clean up the house and get ready for some company for a couple of days. And I'll probably be finalizing the deal on my 'new' car in a couple days, so I am pretty excited about that.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey I found the thread.....

Hope folks are having a good Saturday
Old 05-17-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Just checking in.
Watching tv relaxing today

Hope everyone has a nice sober weekend
Old 05-17-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm ba-a-ack!
Old 05-17-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Glad you returned home safely Gilmer.

My training was interesting. Good topic, dynamic speaker. I feel a half a step off from my coworkers. Sitting with them at training felt like a bad first date. I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable in this group.

Anyway, I have a phobia of driving on the highway. I had to merge and exit quickly briefly today to get to the training, and that went fine.

I made it home in time to watch my 9 year old son play baseball in the gorgeous weather. This is the mildly autistic one. Good stuff.

image-750097468.jpg

This evening I'm looking forward to going out and about in the real world - that's 2 nights in a row that I've been excited to be out amongst the normies. We are going to watch fireworks with a few families. This is a booze infused evening for a portion of the group, but it won't be for this gal. I'm packing snacks and drinks for the kids to share, pomegranate infused iced tea for myself, and looking forward to a beautiful evening outdoors with a nice group of friends whose company I enjoy when I'm sober.

Courage, I hope your focus can find its way off your problems and onto your life's good things. If you're not sure about the potential sponsor, maybe there's someone from AA who would be helped by hearing from you today?

DG - What is an evaporation cooler? I admit to being more interested that gig were fixing up a contraption than knowing what it is, but after Courage mentioned that she had one on a roof, and you pitying her for having to deal with one, I've become interested in knowing that it is!

Carlos - What I recall about sleepovers is being tired the next day because very little sleep would get done. You know.... Doing manicures. Watching late night tv. Eating popcorn and candy. Playing truth or dare. Talking about boys. What did you THINK I was talking about?

Be well, Undies.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh Baby, there he is, guarding the "Hot Corner". For you non baseball-ites, that is third base. Wow, don't tell those pretty spectacular girls of mine, but seeing that makes me a bit jealous! My youngest did play hoops. But baseball, sunshine, the hot corner, chin music (test, what's that, Glee?)...woohoo, what a special reason to be sober this afternoon. Mazel Tov, young lady!!

Well, perhaps with grand kids some day?
Old 05-17-2014, 02:28 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

GF, you're son is adorable. I have 3 nephews who play football, baseball, basketball, rugby, golf, swimteam so I know how much fun you're having out watching them. Fun times. Loved the football games. Your son looks so cute out there.

Watching the Preakness Stakes, rooting for California Chrome! Relaxing. Went out for breakfast and a little shopping earlier.

Have a great day. Still tired. I'll check in and read a little later.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Gilmer glad you made it back.

Glee sounds like you have a busy but fun day. Hope your sons team won and have fun tonight!

Been feeling super tired, slept for a few hours this afternoon and still tired. Lazy day watching tv for me.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

My dad was a huge baseball and basketball jock--in fact, he was recruited to play in the Navy. I, however, do not have an athletic bone in my body. Neither does my husband. And neither do our kids.

All of them got an opportunity to try sports. My daughters seemed to like it better than my sons. My younger daughter played basketball for a few seasons, and my oldest played softball.

She was a darling of her coach. She couldn't hit, couldn't field, and had no sense of the game--but she loved to steal! She didn't hesitate to steal home! And the league was so bad that nobody ever tagged her out!

She didn't have any particular speed--just cojones!
Old 05-18-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

My gym teacher at one school played field hockey for England Ladies, so when I moved school my new gym teacher was all excited thinking she'd have a new star; then this wee fat lump arrived who couldn't run couldn't tackle and couldn't hit the ball. I nearly wept for her. I was good at cross country running, I'd hit a rhythm and just keep going like the Duracell bunny. (Carlos, go wash your mind out with soap and water, and yes a certain letch is mentioned in my book!)

Gleefan, when my gson was here we took him to a game and he got to run the bases afterwards, along with what appeared to be several thousand other small offspring. We don't play baseball in Britain, well we do, but only the girls play it and it's called rounders!

BFree you worn down the needle on your deck yet??

Courage, I'm glad your day ended better than it began hun. Hope today is a good one for you. X

Aly, insomnia seems to be an ongoing or recurring problem with us in recovery, I sometimes wonder if it's to do with the changes in brain chemicals, ( or increased sugar/ coffee consumption) or some such thing.

Have a great lazy Sunday Undies.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

The Gilmer's stealin home base, and hearts.

Ali, I was all over that trifecta yesterday in the Preakness. 3-10-8, had it 5 times. But I missed the superfecta...first four horses in order. Did not see the only baberaham lincoln in that race taking 4th. It was fun.

BF, did you try that Arnold Palmer?

DG, I have no idea what a cooler is? Even googled it and became even more confused. If you want seclusion, you are free to stay here in next winter when I am in the islands, rent free. Lots of ski resorts close by.

Courage, how are you doing today? Thinking about you.

Glee, how were the fireworks? Any happening figuratively among that crowd of normies you hang with?

Toots, you are such a good writer that it so so easy to paint a picture...bounce, bounce...etc.

'Gotta run, grocery and bike shopping.