Notices

Class of March 2013 part 28

Old 05-15-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

What a cool picture, North!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I hate cheese. I hate the smell, I hate the taste. I have absolutely zero appreciation of how people can glorify it's existence, spend so much money for it, and even at times, travel to the ends of the earth to find that particular delicacy. Trying to understand how people could possibly, after the end of a meal, think about ordering a cheese platter bamboozles me, it just has no appeal.

I'm just for some reason programmed to not like cheese.....................now, here's a weird part.........I like pizza, as long as it's not a four cheeses pizza and as long as it's not too cheesy and i've enough toppings to not be able to see the cheese! With all these ahem, requirements, sometimes............I actually still crave a pizza. therefore, every now and again, I have a pizza........and it makes me happy.

Hello, my name is Life and i'm a Pizza moderator..............well, if only I could do that with ETOH, if only it was that simple. I'm trying to be as honest as I can with you. I want to not be in this abusive cycle. I don't want to be an alcoholic, I want to be 'normal'.

Toots, my dishonesty to you has perhaps in a way been more compounding than to most because during our last PM I was so so self righteous to you professing how much I had absolutely no intention to drink ever again. I was defensive to you. I truly apologise. Why am I not writing this in a PM? Because Toots, from as much as I know of you, you wear your heart on your sleeves. You say what you believe needs to be said, it may be a cruel pill to swallow sometimes but, I reckon for the majority of times, it prob so happens to be the right pill!

Making plans, strategies. I've not lost that train of thought, i've more to add to this message but truly I need to go to bed, I was up for half the night last night. I'll speak to you tomorrow. I'm going to break the rules. I am sorry for letting people own and for possibly alluding to being more care free and 'sorted' with sobriety than I was. Another lessons learned eh, just rattle on like dearest Shoes, if it's ****, say it is and vice versa.

Shoes I never did reply to your question about what I like about myself now. I may ask you to hold that thought.

Marcher. thank you for your honesty. As i've said to Dee many times, I can't imagine how tough it must be to moderate an online forum, there'a a hel of a lot personalities out there in cyber space. I'm so glad you didn't pick up that wine.

I'll b back in touch tomorrow folks.

I think about you all often.

LP x
Old 05-15-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sleep well, Life!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Life, (J) I appreciate your words, and what it took for you to write them so publicly. But you don't owe me an apology. In your heart, you wanted sobriety so badly that you were able to convince yourself that you would remain strong, and at those times we do get defensive when told we won't always be so strong.
I know you want sobriety more than anything, but I am beginning to believe it will only come after you have begun working on some of the issues that have you reaching for the bottle each time they surface. I feel that you hold a lot of hurt inside, and while externally and on the surface, you can be light and happy and able to believe you can live sober, underneath, there are self destructions working against you. I care for you, we have been travelling together a long time now, and you wouldn't still be walking the road if you didn't truly want relief from alcohol, but as alcohol gives you temporary relief from whatever periodically rears up to destroy your self belief, I feel you need to begin there. Xx

North, it is lovely to see a nice long post from you, I'm glad your ribs have completely healed now. I've never gotten into online gaming- for no reason other than I fear addiction!!

Gilmer, sounds like laid back son had met his laid back soul mate! Awwwwww! And how wonderful for you to be fully sober and able to share and appreciate this time with your boys and the memories you are creating.

Marcher were you back on site yesterday? Have things settled down now, or are ripples still working their way out from the epicentre?

Having both been personally on the wrong side, and having been pm'd by friends who have, I realise that our addiction egos in recovery are like spun sugar, fragile and easily crushed. Also as Life alluded earlier, we become defensive of our actions especially when we don't see anything really wrong with what we said or showed. I also feel that how we react internally, depends fully on the mood we are in at the time we receive the reprimand. I have learned now not to increase my frustration by following up with an attempted justification; the post would have been removed because it contravened a ruling, ergo there is no possible argument against it's removal. I accept this, because the alternative, a site where people can express exactly what they want to the detriment of a multitude of spun glass egos is horrific to envision. I would much rather sit and sulk at Dee, ( sorry mate, no offence ) knowing that he is only doing his job, and one that is difficult, stressful, and frequently thankless, than be on the recieving end of a spiteful post from an unknown, which could destroy my feelings of self worth and certainly in the early days, have given me an excuse if not a reason, to drink.
So Dee, Marcher and all mods who take seriously their position of protection of rights, I thank you, even as I own I will be sulking again at sometime in the future! X
I almost forgot, if Dee hadn't been so thorough in his observations he may well have missed a post I made a few weeks back which completely unintentionally had the potential to be crassly offensive. He caught the ball that day and saved my skin. We don't often get the chance to acknowledge that aspect of a moderators work, and I was hugely grateful.

Wehav, I adore your unedited posts, your gentle humour, your descriptive language that has me walking on soft pine needle carpets or smelling maple syrup or feeling the crisp autumn air with you. Never stop please.

To all other March friends, I will check in later. X
Old 05-15-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Great post Life---sleep well my twin.
just a short note to let you guys know things are going ok.
I do have a tough time right after work but, it's getting better.
Nice to hear from you North.
take care Marchers---Hugs to all of you.
Babs
Old 05-15-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

i tried to renew our motel room for two more nights, but no. Apparently this is VA Tech's graduation weekend, and all of the rooms in the three-city area are booked solid three months in advance! I managed to find another hotel this morning at a reasonable price and reserved it.

When we got there, though, there were no reservations under my name. The desk clerk said they'd been booked for a while. i showed her my confirmation number, and apparently it was for a week from today.

So we went to McDonalds and I scanned the local motels for one that looked decent but still reasonable. Finally the Days Inn looked promising: they had just had a last-minute cancellation. I grabbed it.

When I got there, my credit card was declined. I had to borrow my son's debit card! The cost of a double room for two nights at a Days Inn was $409! The lady at the desk felt sorry for me: the prices are super-high for this weekend every year. They see the desperate people coming!

Too bad we didn't wait a week to come down here. I hope the early bird gets a worm after all this! Wait till my husband finds out we owe my son $409! He gave me strict instructions to be frugal!
Old 05-15-2014, 12:46 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Ahh, yes hotels, aren't they so much fun. My reservation for the Motley Crue/Alice Cooper Show in October for 2 nights is $730. I hope it's one heck of a room.

Here in Key West, during the high season, even the crappiest rooms go for $500 a night with a 3 day minimum stay. And then the hotels complain that the tourism board isn't helping them if they aren't full 6 months in advance.

Foot is back to near 100%, I've ordered a pair of copper compression ankle sleeves, hopefully that will help with the daily normal? aches I have every morning.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

glad to hear your foot is better---
I hope that concert is fantastic----whoa that's pretty steep price for the room. But, It will be worth it.
Babs
Old 05-15-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

My husband hasn't said a word. I guess he figures we did what we had to do, which we did.

Glad your foot is feeling much better, Ken.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Glad to know that you are better Ken because Wonder Twins are less wondrous if one of them is down. Life I'm looking forward to hearing more from you, keep close this weekend.

I've been very worried about our Venuscat and I'm not much less worried but I am relieved that I have heard from her. She's going through a difficult time but is sober.

Yes thanks Toots our Forum has settled down. A few fizzy PMs flew along with some apologetic ones but the community spirit carries on -- I'm sure Dee knows of what I speak. Finding the happy medium of rule enforcement and humanity to others to keep an online space safe and comfortable and beneficial to all members means a bit of tight rope walking. And as one kind PM said to me "Leaders are the easiest target".

The sunshine is back in paradise, we have autumnal nights but days of 24C which is incredible at this stage of May.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I absolutely totally believe you can do it LTP.

I thought sobriety would be one decision and that was it.

It's not - it's a lot of little decisions, day after day, all geared to the same end - me not drinking again. Ever.
I want to be something more than that guy.

You'll get to the point where's it's automatic but for now - keep your guard up J

D
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Life,
I'm sitting here eating a big bowl of cheese dip and thinking about you. About how you would be thinking how can I possibly gag this down. I'm neutral about cheese. Can take it or leave it.

I wouldn't put to much stock in anything I got to say. What do I know. I still trying to figure me out most days. I confuse myself half the time.

I'll hold the question for you Life. You can tell me later what you like about yourself. Try to focus on one good thing now though cuz you got plenty. It ain't all black or white. None of us are all good or all bad depending upon whether we drink or not. We alway were and will probably always be a little of both.

Glad the ankle is feeling better Budd but what the heck is that thing you are talking about for your foot. Titanium foot binding torture something?

I slipped and fell in the bathroom this morning. Just whacked my knee. I layed there and laughed and laughed. I have no idea why I thought it was funny. I was just happy I didn't break a hip or something. I haven't taken a tumble since I was drunk. I did a lot of drunk falling. This was my first sober fall. Maybe that's what I thought was funny. I didn't have to feel bad about falling.

Have a good one everybody!!

xoxo
Old 05-16-2014, 01:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Looks like I am late to the party; sorry my darling toots. ♥

Congratulations on one year sober sweety!!!! I am blessed to have you in my life!

Love V xx
Old 05-16-2014, 01:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Yes ~ I am having a rough time.
As much as I am a talker, sometimes I get so upset that I can't.
People do some horrible things. I am sensitive, and naive, and I never see it coming.

I have missed you all, and I have been lonely.
Good to be here.

Love to all the Marchers,

V xx
Old 05-16-2014, 01:25 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh V, I am so relieved to see you here at SR.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I've been desperately worried about you. I'm going out for a while but will drop in here later.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Well, I did not mean to worry anyone. I'm sorry about that. ♥♥♥

V xx (((hugs)))
Old 05-16-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

So glad you're back, V!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi, Joy, are you around? How are things going?
Old 05-16-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

(((V))), so sorry you're going through a rough time! Glad you posted.