Notices

Class of March 2013 part 28

Old 05-14-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Yes, Toots! Happy anniversary!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 MONTHS, Toots!!!!! Wow Wow Wow!!! And how are you feeling, dear friend?? Are the doldrums easing up on you? I hope the New England spring weather is helping to ease the blues.

Gilmer, sounds like a great time and even greater "bonding." Good luck to your son finding a job.

Marcher, thank you for reminding me about aloe!! My mom brought back some amazing aloe from her last trip to the islands and it offered great relief. However, Shoes, I was crazy itching yesterday! I found myself scratching my back against a cement post while I was waiting for the boys to get out of school. I can only imagine what people thought.

Gilmer, you're so right to take a mental break. You'll come back stronger than ever when you're rested and ready. We've all had to do that. I was one of those over-achieving law students who packed in the summer classes -- by my 3rd year I was pretty burnt out and it was my worst year GPA wise, despite it being the easiest.

Ok, off to start the day! Hope everyone has a great one!!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

congratulations Toots.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Happy anniversary, Toots!

Budd, OMG - now it's vicious veggies and punishing pillows! What's going to attack you next? Blundering bowling balls?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Happy anniversary, Toots!

Budd, OMG - now it's vicious veggies and punishing pillows! What's going to attack you next? Blundering bowling balls?
Ha ha, i'm chortling at that one Sass.

I've played with my head for a few days now on whether to post.

I slipped. I drank today. It's not fair to you guys of me to post much therefore tonight, plus it's bedtime.

I don't want to lie to you, hence perhaps the reason i'm using the dutch courage to post to you tonight.........i've just said 'day 1' so many times, I practically rol my own eyes these days.

Please guys. I promise to post tomorrow, please don't ask me about plans. It's been an eventful week. I've made attempts to put strategies in place. I'll expand tomorrow.

I know i'll receive support here.........and, any hard talking will be from concern and care, in advance I say thank you.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Love you, Life! You'll come back strong--each time you get better and better.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

yes, I agree with Gilmer---you do get better and better
Old 05-14-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

LifeT, (((hugs)))! Thanks for being honest. I believe that you will find the path that works for you. This can be a very tough addiction to beat but you will.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:29 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

ohhh Sass my friend you always know just what to say---Hugs to you.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

How have you been doing, Sass?
Old 05-14-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Well, my son got all showered and dressed up in an extra-nice shirt. He asked me if he needed a tie, and I said yes. But then hed didn't know how to tie it--and neither did I! So we looked up a You Tube video. Technically we did it after a couple aborted attempts and much rewinding--but the knot didn't end up very triangular.

Finally he said, "Enough!" and ditched the tie.

We applied to the Super 8 motel, Kroger, Wade's supermarket (where he was offered a 10-hour a week cashier's job--we want to look more first), and Wal-Mart.

We stopped back here to recharge our phones.

We'll go over to the next town this afternoon and apply. Then at 5 we'll go to a supermarket right next to his brother's apartment-- the hiring manager comes in at 5 pm. Then he'll go on his blind date and I'll go out with my oldest pain in the butt.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:11 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm good, Gilmer. It's been a bit wacky but I'm attempting to single-thread the stressors. Home inspection appears to have gone well though they won't get the final report until this week along with the radon test results.

Now I've started tackling findng an apartment for a year or two. I started to get really stressed again but then decided to simplify instead of making it a huge project. Next week I'm going to Maine for a seminar at the retirement place and will check out 2 possible apartment complexes. I'm also going to look at 3 places where I live now. That will hopefully be the extent of it and after that I'll move on to the next task. Availability is an issue but there are always alternatives.

It sounds like you're having an interesting trip! I hope your son finds a job he likes.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I am wiped out. We went out all afternoon following leads. The internet gave us wrong street names for the places we wanted, so we spent a lot of time driving up and down city streets. We did receive a glimmer of hope from a store manager at one supermarket; we call the HR lady tomorrow morning. I hope he gets something full-time. We applied to Wal-Mart, too, but it said they'd get back to us in 60 days. My son wants to start next week.

I must say, I cannot think of anybody I'd rather be doing this with than this particular son. Every other member of my family gets really frantic in stressful situations. He remains chill. No anger, no swearing--maybe a little frustrated, but not allowing it to affect his behavior. We actually had a good time. I am glad we will be staying here till Saturday; I think we'll get a lot accomplished.

Now he is stretched out, killing 45 minutes till he leaves to go on his first date! He is worried about nailing down the location of the restaurant, but you'd hardly know he was at all nervous unless you knew him as well as I do. He is just totally chill. I appreciate this kid!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Right now I am really glad about the decision i made. I am so relieved to be free of the burden of that class!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back LT

D
Old 05-14-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Toots my sweet I forgot to congratulate you but I do congratulate you. Life I look forward to your post.

I had a hard evening last night, one that I'm sure Dee will empathise with. On the Forum I work on rules were contravened by politics being introduced. When I say it like that it sounds an easy fix but it wasn't. You know how it is Dee -- parties involved get hot headed, you start to doubt your own judgement, yada yada. Anyway I made the hard decision, copped some unfriendly fire as well as massive support and was almost about to have "just one glass of wine" at almost midnight. I was tired, emotional and teary but the thought of all of you kept me sober.

Group hug peeps.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

It can be a rough job being Solomon sometimes
I'm so glad you didn't let it get to you Marcher.

I bet I know the topic - I might have been kicked off your forum

D
Old 05-14-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys thank you all for the congratulations, now that I've hit my year I don't tend to watch the dates too much, so it was a surprise to see the first message!

Life, will wait to hear from you.

Sass, one bite at a time is the best way to deal, watch those stress levels.

Marcher I feel for you ( and you Dee) it can't be easy having to deal with those kind of situations. I wouldn't want to do it.

Gilmer I love the road trip with your lad, he sounds so laid back, I hope his date goes well and a job turns up soon.

Duff how's the sunburn?

Shoes, have you lost your dog in the grass yet??

Babs, I hope the AV is keeping quiet

North how's the weather up there these days?

Budd I hope you can hobble from freezer to microwave for your pot pie therapy.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

My son's date went great! They are both video game geeks, and like the same ones! After he left, she texted him a thank you for the dinner. His brother and i coached him to respond, "You're quite welcome! "

He has two new job opportunities to apply for tonight--then we'll make our rounds tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Big congratulations Toots! You sound good.

Babs, hope you are doing well and the AV is on a greyhound the hell out of Dodge.

Budd, sorry to hear about your injury – happy to report my ribs are back to normal, but I detested not being able to move as I wanted.

Life, I know what I think would be helpful to say, but I’ve probably said it before, so I’m just going to listen. Please post soon.

Sass, Portland Maine is one of my favorite places on earth. Stressful now, but keep your eyes on the prize. Good for you for taking it one project at a time.

Marcher and Dee, you could not pay me enough to do what you do. I don’t have that kind of patience with people. Glad there are people like you two who can keep the rest of us civilized.

Gilmer, does your son and his new lady play DC Universe Online? That’s the one online game I actually play. In winter. A lot.

WeHav, you are not long-winded – I love reading about each of our journeys – it keeps me motivated and often I pick up more strategies for when AV strikes.

Duff, the burn will pass and good for you for slathering on the UV protection. I used to tan at the shore all the time and have had two skin cancers removed as a result.

Shoes you are sounding good my friend. My dogs are very much enjoying our excursions through snow-free sidewalks these days.

DD, MeSo, you good?

Things in Northland are good. We are still well below our average temperatures, but no snow or ice to contend with. I do wish it wasn’t so overcast. Work on the book continues and I feel like I know what the changes are that need to be made and optimistic that the publisher will buy the new draft. Now I just have to replace the third of the book I cut with new material.

Big love to all Marchers!