Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 5

Old 05-05-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Fourth that !!

I'm so glad you walked away from that struggle early.

What an incredible success story you are !!

........................semper badass self .

Maybe Kitten can break that ^ down into a full latin phrase, when he wakes up ...

Adna , you or Dee can probably do it too, now I think of it.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:38 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Freein ,
I should look it up , but what's OH ?

got it , Other Half , ...of course
Old 05-05-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

This is probably a terrible suggestion , but what about a board game , ....like one of those fun games where you act out , like charades, ?

That'd mix it up .
Old 05-05-2014, 12:53 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wouldn't know where to start finding the Latin equivalent of 'badass', Top LOL

D
Old 05-05-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Hi All, (in a broad aussie accent)
Srewth bloody bonza mate, Day 10, dinki di and all!
Feeling grouse now, but early this arvo, almost spat the dummy!
Well off for smoko after tea and that!
hooroo!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:25 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Oi, that's for you Izzy8...!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL
D
Old 05-05-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I rather like semper badass.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hi everyone, I think I am feeling better this morning.

I am going to see my doc if it continues, I am wondering if it was stress related.

Oh, I fifth that!

obosob that was hard to read early in the morning.

Hope everyone has a great day, including me.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Torment is over!

Thanks for the suggestion Topspin, it probably would be good idea to do some sort of activity or game rather than sit around the table not quite talking to each other! It did feel a bit like charades now you come to mention it.

Love the Aussie accent, Obosob, not quite sure what it means!
I'll assume all's well in Aussie world.

Hope everyone's having a good day.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better today UP.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post

Maybe Kitten can break that ^ down into a full latin phrase, when he wakes up ...
I learned all my Latin from Harry Potter so you know it's legit.

Oh gosh, it's Monday. Sounds like we all made it through the weekend mostly intact.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Up way too early courtesy of Mika the She-Wolf. I'm fairly confident that she does this in retaliation every Monday morning because we keep her up late the previous night chattering over Game of Thrones.

'Up - Glad you're feeling better.

Adna - Wow. Just Wow. You motivate me.

Glad to see that we survived the weekend. Many more, friends.

Supposed to be sunny and 70s today so I'm going to do a little yard work and not much else. Between entertaining the kids this weekend and going to a four hour (!) birthday party yesterday for my one year old grandson, I plan to chill out. Of course, my wife is still asleep and my plans could indeed change the moment she awakens.

No matter. Day freakin' 9!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Today is going to be tough.

I ordered a scale and it is currently "on vehicle for delivery today" (I LOooove tracking packages!). I haven't weighed myself in nearly a month, when our other one quit working. I'm used to weighing myself at least every couple of days because I fluctuate easily, and I feel that helps me keep it under control.
There's no telling how much weight I gained. Sometimes when I feel the urge to drink, I eat a lot because I don't like to drink when I'm full. I've also been "rewarding" myself with treats.
So the scale's coming, and then this evening my husband is having a Cinco de Mayo wine tasting at our house with people from work. He makes wine and so does one of his friends. I'm not a homemade wine fan, but it's not like I couldn't drink something else. I love margaritas! I almost always drink in social situations like this. I don't know the people very well and I'm going to be nervous. Plus I'm potentially going to become very depressed if I gained a lot of weight.
Don't bother suggesting that I not open the scale until after the event. I know I'm not going to drink. I know I'm not going to drink. It's just going to suck and I'm going to feel sorry for myself.
The main reason I decided to stop drinking is because I want to be healthy and get in good shape. It will be discouraging if it has had the opposite effect, but I know it's temporary while I'm getting used to things. Maybe it was meant to be that our scale broke so that I could have some time to be easy on myself and get through the beginning. I feel like I'm craving less sweets now and I'm ready to get back on track.

Well I hope that everyone has a good Cinco de Mayo!

Repeat with me "No Drinko de Mayo! No Drinko de Mayo!! NO DRINKO DE MAYO!!"
Old 05-05-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by areyoukittenme View Post
I learned all my Latin from Harry Potter so you know it's legit.

Adna- I sixth that! 33 days is amazing! Congrats!

Obo- Wow, I have no idea what most of that could mean but it got me to chuckle before I had coffee!

Up- Glad you are doing better this morning. "seeing" anything dead would scare the bejeebers out of me!! I am a necrophobic.... I found my grandparents dead neighbor when I was 7... shudder.

Day 14 here, I'm feeling a little foggy this morning, I hope that goes away with some coffee. Grocery shopping and a trip to the park planned for this morning. I decided to knit my Mom a big shawl for mothers day so that will give me something to work on all week.

Hope you all have a great sober Monday, or whatever day it is where you are!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

David Guetta - She Wolf (Falling To Pieces) ft. Sia (Official Video) - YouTube

Reboot you reminded me of an amazing video and song. Everyone should check it out!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Solil, I'm sorry it is going to be such a rough day! I was all ready to suggest that you don't open the scale until later!! lol. I wouldn't be able to wait either. I'm one who steps on the scale every morning too, I wish I wasn't. I haven't gained but I haven't lost any either which after almost two weeks now bugs me. Anyway, I sure hope the scale is kind to you! Your pic yesterday looked awesome, don't worry about the weight!

Wow, that would be a tricky situation with people over drinking today. I'm glad you know you are not going to drink. Do you have a special drink that you will be sipping on while they are there?

Good luck I'll be thinking of you!! You can get through it and feel better tomorrow for not drinking. NO DRINKO DE MAYO!!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks everyone.

Soliloquy stay strong tonight, I like the NO DRINKO DE MAYO!!

It's weird chick, I was excited. I wanted him to be there, he was a PIA but I loved that dog. Also I am missing our current dogs, in time I hope.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Well goodmornin', YALL!

Everybody doin' ALRIGHT? I'm just a sittin heer thankin just how awesome and I mean AWESOME you lil sweet thangs AWRE- oh my GAWSH!!! (For you ob).

By the way, dee, I must be seeing things too- looks like I had you misplaced!

By the way obo, when I studied a abroad in south america(like a hundred years ago) for a semester in college (prelaw/ Spanish major), we had been there so long that our little American group was used to being the only English speaking ones there. One nite, a friend of mine and I were walking and heard English from other people for the first time in a looong time(heard with Texas drawl). Turns out, they were 2 Aussies (is that bad slang?!) that were traveling the world- just for fun. We sat out at some Brazilian restaurant for hours hanging out and drinking beer. Outside of the excessive beer memory, was one of my best traveling memories. Probably what makes me fond of Austrailan accents. Those 2 guys were such a breath of fresh air to 2 homesick college girls!

OK- well, I'm feeling pretty strong today! No more beer drinking with strange austrialian men in Brazil for me!

Hope you're all doing well- read your posts but I really am like the chicken in the comic strip these days so I'll just have to leave it at that .
Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Adna- way to go! Happy to hear that you're doing so well. You go girl