Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 11

Old 05-12-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

When do you see Felix?
Old 05-12-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all. I hope you had a wonderful weekend and beautiful Mother's Day. I had a fantastic weekend with the family. Had my mother over for dinner on Saturday. I wanted to post last night but Game of Thrones came on and I immediately got distracted.

I am glad I waited because now I can congratulate you Snoozy!! That is wonderful. I cannot imagine that joy. Hugs to Felix.

Lulu: Your daughter is as cute as a button. I hope she did well on her test.

Crois: Sorry to read about what you went through with your Mom. For what its worth, your share made me appreciate my mom a little more. :-(

Have a great day to each and everyone of you Jules.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NJNikki View Post
I wanted to post last night but Game of Thrones came on and I immediately got distracted.

I am glad I waited because now I can congratulate you Snoozy!! That is wonderful. I cannot imagine that joy. Hugs to Felix.
We cover all topics in 24 hour period! No wonder there's so many lurkers, who can keep up!

Thanks for your kind words re my Mum. It's all good. I'm very grateful for the 12 years she was a totally awesome Mum. Some people don't get that. Even though it was confusing and awful when I was younger and even though her alcoholism dictated our adult relationship could never grow - I know she loved me.

How I ever let myself be seduced by the same demon, is beyond me. If nothing less, I do realise how much she did love me and even though alcoholism separated us, it never took her love away from me.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Spent all day yesterday in the ER with the daughter. She has a partially torn, or completely torn, peroneal tendon. Air cast and crutches for now. I got about 4 hours of sleep and am so exhausted. This trip to DC is going to be interesting, I wanted to just go for the interview but she said no. What does she think she is going to do in DC when she can't walk. Also, since it's her right foot I have to do all the driving, sigh. Have to shower then take my dogs to the kennel, come home pack my car, drive to her house (40 minutes in the wrong direction) take her dog to the kennel, pack the car and then leave for DC. Trying really hard to stay positive but might beat her with a crutch or, perhaps, leave her at a rest stop somewhere in Pennsylvania!!!!

Happy Monday!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Kiddos! Why do they always have an accident when it's least convenient!

Stay calm....safe travels!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Life is never boring I guess LuLu

nighters all

D
Old 05-12-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Night Dee

Thanks so much guys Nikki , I'm so glad you said that to Crois cos I thought th same thing. It really made me appreciate my Mum yesterday .
Ya know Crois , your Mum sounds like a sweetie, you know how much you were loved and you felt it . You can't fake love.

You saying that you can't believe you went down that road after what she went through should actually give you a little peace in a weird sort of way , cos it makes you understand the hold it had on her and she was not really that person when sober .

I really truly have empathy for your Mum Crois , I really do .
I'm so very sorry she did not have the help she needed to help herself get freed .
It actually makes me feel quite teary cos I can sense the love you have for her and the Mum she once was.

Xxxx

Lulu ERs ...hatem , hatem , hatem
Th amount of nights I have spent in those ..ugh you are a good Mum , just try to refrain from hitting her with that crutch ! I know it's hard , but you can do this ...

I see th headlines now ..." ANGRY MOTHER LOSES HER SHITT , BEATS DAUGHTER WITH CRUTCH AFTER LONG DRIVE & WAITING IN ER . " more on page 6 ......

I have my granddaughter having her first sleep over tonight , I'm in my element ! I'm all pepper pig and upsy daisied out ! I'll see Felix ( all I could think of was Felix the cat ) lol
Tomorrow . It was a difficult birth so I'll bide my time and look after Ryleigh .

Christian showed me some pics and he is just gorgeous :-))))))

Thank god I'm sober .

Xxx
Old 05-12-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Yup.I was singing that Felix the cat,the wonder,wonderful cat song,Wendy.
But remember, it he ever gets into a fix he can always reach into his bag of tricks.

Sorry you're going through so much drama before the trip to D.C.,LuLu.
Hopefully everything works out fine from this point on.

Nikki,glad you had a nice Mother's Day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous.
Another nice day today,but, alas,at work again.

And Crois,
You make my day by being here.
But. I'm sure it's getting close to your bed time.
Don't stay up too late.

Leshar,
So proud of you taking on that part.
You'll have to type some of the lines out here so we know what the personality of the character is like.

Here I am at work looking out my window at a beautiful sunny day. Man, the weekend went by fast.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:37 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Aww Snooozy...thank you Sweetie. Such lovely things to say.

And you...how awesome you are sober for this and that your son trusts you with little bub overnight.xx

You are so lovely to not go up tonight to the hospital and give his partner a rest. You are a caring person though, so you get it!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Thanks Crois , I love it that we can share his together and I could hardly wait to tell you guys first ;-) even before my family .

You are my family too . I don't know hat I would hav one without my July family xx
Old 05-12-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post

And Crois,
You make my day by being here.
But. I'm sure it's getting close to your bed time.
Don't stay up too late.
Aww thanks Bob. Yes, I promise I will go to bed soon. I'm actually tired!

(Fingers crossed I haven't jinxed myself with that comment!)

It was sunny here too, but raining softly now...another good reason to go to bed.

I think Dee was giving me a subtle hint earlier too!
Old 05-12-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I stay up late as well,Crois.
I don't turn the light out till 11:30 pm most nights.
Feel like I have to get the most out of the day.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Oh, you guys, you're the best! It's so lovely to come here and see all your news. But, Lulu, I am very sorry about what happened with your daughter and how this affects your DC plans. I hope your daughter is not in too much pain or discomfort. Wow, things happen, eh? But life goes on, and thankfully, now sober, we can take a deep breath and just deal with it.

Snoozy, what a lovely, warm and honest response to Croissant about her mother and the grip of alcohol. Made me tear up. Alcohol robs us of our true, authentic selves. I was able to reflect a little this morning and realize that my sister is lost, due to alcohol in big part, I believe, and that I must not harbour resentment towards her, she's a good person but just not in a good place, right now.

Croissant, I'm so sorry that your father is behaving in this sort of passive aggressive way, this must be very wearying for you. Look after yourself and try and rest. No one deserves to be spoken to rudely like that, no respect at all, I'm mad for you!

I read the script this morning and I think I will go for it, I think I would regret it if I didn't.
Still, anxious butterflies in my stomach this morning.
My friend, who doesn't like the director, was a bit ho hum about me taking the part, she happened to call this am, but she says she just wants to protect me and I love her for this. But I have to make up my own mind.
I think taking on this challenge will help to give me a focus this summer, I hope so!
I'm trying to concentrate on being mindful this morning, I can feel myself getting anxious and jittery, and that is not good.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:05 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Oh, the play, Bob, is called "Enchanted April". You can youtube a clip from the film adaptation. My role is "Rose".
Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Oh, the play, Bob, is called "Enchanted April". You can youtube a clip from the film adaptation. My role is "Rose".

Cool, thanks.
Was wondering what the play was about.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Leshar: Good for you taking the part. You cannot win, if you don't play!

Resolute: Thanks for the well wishes, the weather was a perfect 10. I enjoyed watching my daughter take the first swim of 2014, perfectly at peace and content.

Lulu: Unbelievable that your daughter was in the ER. It sounds like her spirit is still intact.

Crois: I do understand. Sorry for my simplified response. Mother/daughter stuff is so complex for me, that I only scratch the surface. My mom and I had a rough first 30 years. Maybe because of alcohol (on both of our parts), maybe because we are too much alike, maybe because she had me at 19 and my father bailed, maybe I could go on an on about the 'why', but like you, I have always known that she did love me. Now that we are older, wiser, mellower, one of us is sober, and have my daughter, things have gotten a lot better and I do appreciate her and am so relieved that we turned that corner.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:36 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Eeek, a first swim already?
The water here has to be extremely cold still.
We've only had 2 days close to 80s and that was yesterday and now today.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

It was the second 80+ degree day for us too. The water was cold, and she came out with goosebumps. Of course she had a sun warmed towel waiting for her. I cannot imagine where she gets the desire to do crazy irrational things. ;-)
Old 05-12-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Leshar i am SOOOOOO proud of you and sending you the biggest virtual hug ever :

You know , when you think about it , what's the worst thing that can happen ! Not much really ... But what you will gain from it is immense . I think it will be empowering , lift your confidence and be fun .

Even the A list actors get butterflies and i have heard some say , that the day the nerves and butterflies stop , they will give it away . It's a perfectly normal thing .

Gets the adrenalin going , break a leg Rose , sober sister !

Nikki , I'm loving your posts , great to have you as a regular hun xxx

Bob I'm with you ..eke on the freezing water , takes a lot for me to have a swim, i virtually have to be melting .

Lulu i hope your DC plans work out ok . Being a mum is a tough gig ! You just never know when and where our next job will be when we have kids !

Crois , i had an ah hah moment when you said how lucky i am that my son trusts me enough to have his daughter stay with me . It gave me shivers . It made me stop and really think how valuable my sobriety is .
How much i have gained , yet so much i could have lost if i went the other way .

You know guys , this thread has changed my life . Between this little group of us here , i have leant to stop and think about the things we say and the advice and help we give to each other , poignant eye awakeners .
A sober person would not understand the terminology " well just don't drink"

If only it were that easy eh .

Much love to you all

Old 05-12-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Congrats, Snoozy, on your new grandson! Didn't know you were expecting?? How old is your granddaughter? How nice it will be to have her stay with you. You are so right - it must feel wonderful to be sober for all of this. Sometimes I just have to stop and look around and think how grateful and happy I am to be sober. It is something I don't ever want to take for granted again.

I feel like I can't keep up with you all! That is a good thing, but it wish I could respond to everyone's posts. Maybe when I'm not so dead tired?

Busy week ahead getting ready for our beach trip. We are leaving at 4am on Sat morning and there is so much I need to do to get ready for it. I always stress myself out before vacations. Looking forward to a week of sitting on the beach and sleeping! This will be my first booze free beach vacation. Everyone else will be drinking a lot, but hoping I will be ok with it. If not, I can always go for walks or take my daughter somewhere. Really looking forward to those hangover free mornings on the beach while everyone feels like crap haha.

Anyway, off to bed soon. Hugs to you all!