Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 11

Old 05-06-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hey Dee...no rush...but how do I turn off subscribing to threads? I tried to turn it off last night, but they are still flooding my external email inbox?

Tips?

On a side note...cranky day. I know that's normal, to have bad days but I'm exceptionally pissed off. What I've noticed though is...I don't feel like drinking at all, not even remotely, BUT feel a bit of a gap on how to get me out of my "mood".

Being annoyed, is annoying me....if that makes sense?

I tried going for a walk, it didn't really help. Tried phoning a friend, she was arguing with me about a frigging reality tv show, I mean...god, I'm just small talking ffs. Anyway. I guess I'll sleep it off...or something.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure why but it can sometimes take 24 hours for the subscription to stop working, Crois.

If it was this thread for example, you'd just go up and click on 'thread tools' at the top of the thread here and 'unsubscribe from this thread' will be in the drop down menu.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Oh geez, I was quite the jock in High School.
I don't think there was too many days after school that I wasn't going to some kind of practice.

Cute dog,LuLu.
I don't know what I would do without my little furry girl, Leah.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not sure why but it can sometimes take 24 hours for the subscription to stop working, Crois.

If it was this thread for example, you'd just go up and click on 'thread tools' at the top of the thread here and 'unsubscribe from this thread' will be in the drop down menu.
Thanks Dee! Yeah, Maybe not quite 24 hours since I did it.

I tried what you just suggested too, so see how I go. Thank you.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Lol Lulu , he is gorgeous , it's ok , i wave to my dogs too . The neighbours probably think I'm a loop . When i walk out the front door , i always say " mind the house" .

They pass a pissed off glance to each other and I'm sure they are saying " yeah right ! She's going out again"

There is nothing like returning home to 2 exuberant little mutts . I love them dearly .

Even if I'm only gone 20 minutes , i still get the same reception lol . Those darling boys have been with me they so much crap .when i was at my worst. They never judged me .
Only ever just loved and adored me .

Thank god I've make up for the time i was 'absent' pets are so much a part of our family xxx

Old 05-06-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hello, Croissant,

I hope you feel better soon. I do know what you mean. I've been feeling the same way the last little while, but what disturbs me is that I do feel like drinking. I won't, but it is very uncomfortable. I just want to escape. Not think about things, nothing holds my attention, or distracts me, and I can't even sleep to get away.
I really hope it goes. Maybe I finally need a new anti depressant.

Snoozy, I must look up your bird, a galah. My old neighbour used to call me the crazy bird lady. I always call out "love you" to my bird, as I'm going out the door. I don't care any more what my neighbours think of me. Gawd, I'm cranky and miserable.
Ohmm! Deep breaths... Enthusiasm is my daily exercise!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Ok, now this iscrazy, when I go on holiday, I say goodbye to my house!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Ok, now this iscrazy, when I go on holiday, I say goodbye to my house!
Not really. When I'm working, I've been known to say goodbye to my bed in the morning, or tell it "I love you so much", when I get in or out of it. It's my doona really, I think. So big fluffy....and wonderful. What's not to love!

Oh...part of my sleeping problems....well, new position. I'm trying sleeping on my back. This has been every night for, hmmm, say at least 2 weeks. It's soooo hard giving up curling up on your side. This is the funniest thing, though....when I try now just to have a sneaky curl up on my side....it just feels wrong, like I've given up on my resolve to sleep on my back and am cheating. So I have to switch to my back because I feel guilty and my side sleeping doesn't feel right now. And every time, it reminds me how hard it was to give up alcohol, but once sober how it ruins drinking the same way again.

I don't know, the above probably sounds a bit nutty! But it's like letting go of a habit...something you are really, really attached to, I've now related back to giving up alcohol and I MUST stick with my resolve! (To sleep on my back, that is...oh...well, and sobriety!)

Send the truck and the white-coated men, now!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

You know, guys, I want to thank you all for your help. I thought I was crazy until I read all of your posts...
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Croissant, why do you want to sleep on your back, is there something wrong with sleeping on your side? I could never sleep if I had to sleep only on my back.

I'm not doing well. I just got home, and I'm so irritable, a handle just broke off a drawer, and I just screamed at the top of my lungs, I don't know what to do with myself. I should not have invited a guest, I just can't relax, I'm no good at being a host, never have been.
I'm really low, so much to do to get ready for an overnight guest, I can't get happy about it, and it's not fair to my friend. I think I will have to be honest with her and tell her how I'm doing, I still want her to come, but I'm so rotten at entertaining, and she has a lovely home, and she's a great cook. Ok, enough.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just got done and all looks good. Saw the little heartbeat - 185bpm!! So relieved Now I can start getting anxious for the next ultrasound and genetic screening which is done at 12 weeks. This was when we lost our last baby so not out of the woods yet, but to try and enjoy the next 3 weeks knowing my little peanut has a strong heartbeat. Thank you all for your well wishes and for being here for me. Love you all!! Please get some sleep now Snoozy and Croissant
(My apologies for butting into this thread but I was thinking about you LB2 and went trolling. So happy to hear that your ultrasound went well. Great news!!!!!).;
Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Leshar, I am sure you are a great hostess and that your friend just wants to spend time with you - she does not care about your house or your cooking! I won't say try and relax because I know it's hard but don't compare yourself to others, if we all had the same gifts what a boring world it would be. Heck, if I were judged by the condition of my house or my cooking skills I would be in big trouble.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

No, I'm not, LuLu, but thank you so much for your support.
I'm just so tired, I don't know what to do with myself.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hiya sober Leigh : you are very welcome to pop in and chat on our thread any time you like
I'm sure Ladybug is thrilled you did xx

Lulu crazy is as crazy does , or something like that ! We are all a bit nutty in our own way , but that's what makes us all unique.

Leshar , she doesn't come to look at your house or judge your cooking. She comes because she wants your company . Simple , now relax xxx

Crois i love you cos you are as nutty as a fruitcake!
This sleeping in your back thing had me laughing . Isn't it funny how we do weird little things like that , for no reason really .

Sleep on your side , there is NOTHING better , get on your back when there is a good reason to

I love you guys xx

Bob , what's on your agenda today ? Hugs xx
Old 05-06-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
(My apologies for butting into this thread but I was thinking about you LB2 and went trolling. So happy to hear that your ultrasound went well. Great news!!!!!).;
Hi SoberLeigh and thank you!! I need to update the Feb group too, sorry
Old 05-06-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Thanks, Snoozy.

Were I still drinking, I'd have got nothing done today. Feeling quite uncomfortable, but I'm pleased with myself that I've pushed thru and got things done today.

I plan to work on my comfort level with having ppl over, entertaining. It's a big challenge for me, but one i know I need to embrace.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Leshar, everyone is right - try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Your friend is coming to see YOU, not your house. Enjoy your time with her
Old 05-06-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try and relax and enjoy your guest Leshar - she's not there to judge you - she's a friend - it's meant to be good fun

D
Old 05-06-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Watching the Bruins/Canadians game.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Leshar, forgive me for intruding--i'm a lurker from Undies. i once saw a line in a book "Nobody ever says, 'I simply adore Louise--she's such a meticulous housekeeper!'"

You're bound to have a blast with your friend. You'll be so much more at ease when you finally see her.