View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Ok, now this iscrazy, when I go on holiday, I say goodbye to my house!
Not really. When I'm working, I've been known to say goodbye to my bed in the morning, or tell it "I love you so much", when I get in or out of it. It's my doona really, I think. So big fluffy....and wonderful. What's not to love!

Oh...part of my sleeping problems....well, new position. I'm trying sleeping on my back. This has been every night for, hmmm, say at least 2 weeks. It's soooo hard giving up curling up on your side. This is the funniest thing, though....when I try now just to have a sneaky curl up on my side....it just feels wrong, like I've given up on my resolve to sleep on my back and am cheating. So I have to switch to my back because I feel guilty and my side sleeping doesn't feel right now. And every time, it reminds me how hard it was to give up alcohol, but once sober how it ruins drinking the same way again.

I don't know, the above probably sounds a bit nutty! But it's like letting go of a habit...something you are really, really attached to, I've now related back to giving up alcohol and I MUST stick with my resolve! (To sleep on my back, that is...oh...well, and sobriety!)

Send the truck and the white-coated men, now!