Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 7

Old 04-03-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Toddle - hope your bloods are better... it will be interesting to see, and hopefully encouraging to prove a change...

Ilya, glad you made it through... it can be done!!! Next time will be easier, like the work out!!!

More tea vicar... its the only way!!!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
Haribos are fizzy sweets, tangfastics are the best Not sure you can get them in the US
Oh my word those are the best sweets. Sour Skittles as well.

Noolan let us know how the meeting goes. Good luck
Old 04-03-2014, 12:57 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by lookinforward View Post
Good Morning everyone!
Good to see so many people doing well.
It is a beautiful day to be alive!
Peace
Dave
Happy Thursday, Dave!

It sounds like you're doing well!

Almost a week for you, right?
Old 04-03-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Discovery14 View Post
Good morning Marchers. Have had little AV the last few days maybe because I am working 14+ hour days, Spring you know.

Glad to see we all made it over here and am glad to be reporting in on Day 28.
Day 28! That's amazing!!

Wow, those are some long days! I hope you're giving that AV a good smack on the head. Try to make sure you're eating and staying hydrated.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Noolan View Post
Congrats to all the Marchers that made it. Sadly I had a relapse, but I am happy to be alive, sober, and ready for my fresh start. Just wanted to pop back in and say keep it up!
Hey, Noolan! There you are!

I'm sorry you've had trouble but there are lots of people here rooting for you and will support you!

Stay with us!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Hi, just need to share it i may explode... Overheard some peeps gossiping about what i did last time when i was drunk... 27 days ago... Now i feel sick n scared, thought id freed myself but its bit me on the ass again, and I'm sober. Ffs...

If the rumours spread, my colleagues find out, oh gawd... Pretty sure its been exaggerated too... I feel as black as a hangover.

Sorry to be a downer, didn't know who to tell... X

Time will fade the sting for your coworkers. And for you. It sucks to have to face the things we did when we were drunk. So embarrassing, so hurtful at times. But you know what? That is behind you now. You are healing. Apologize to those who you hurt (if anyone) and try and move past it. It will do you no good to dwell.

My heart goes out to you. I know exactly the feelings you are feeling and I wish I could take some of them for you.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Taproot View Post
Yesterday was tough with that AV, but I held it together. One great thing about not drinking is waking up with no hangover…man I hate hangovers, what an agonizing waste. Today is Day 14 for me. Groove on, Marchers!
Taproot, I'm glad you made it through!

Smack that AV around! Show it who's boss!

Congrats on two weeks!!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
One thing I'm starting to figure out about sobriety is that it's not just quitting the drink it's a whole network things to come together like one big lifestyle change. This is what I am trying this time.

No drinking
Exercise
Diet
Peace of mind
Education
Community involvement
Patience
AA
Sign me up for that too, MrFixit!

I'm thinking that with all the positive things we can do with our time, we won't be missing the poison in our lives. Now is the time to restructure and do the important things that we put on the back burner while we let the poison take center stage.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

But since you brought up embarrassing things from the last time we drank, enfinthechange:
I just got back from the gym (first trip since being sober) and during my workout my trainer asked me if I was having pain in my right hip. I said "yes - it has been hurting me for almost 2 weeks now!" He said "you have a pretty bad muscle strain"

Now, I thought I was in pain because of detoxing off booze and body getting used to being sober, yada yada yada. The trainer said to me "what the hell did you do?"
I had to reply "I don't know."
Because I REALLY DO NOT KNOW. This is only one of the many embarrassing things that come from my frequent blackouts.
I have woken up with a cracked rib, I have woken up with blood all over my bathroom and no idea where it originated from, I have woken up with a broken wrist, I have woken up with a gash in my leg that I couldn't explain....
It is really amazing I am still physically able to type this right now!

But no more. No more.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
Sign me up for that too, MrFixit!

I'm thinking that with all the positive things we can do with our time, we won't be missing the poison in our lives. Now is the time to restructure and do the important things that we put on the back burner while we let the poison take center stage.

In total agreement Aarryckha and MrFixIt.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Hi, just need to share it i may explode... Overheard some peeps gossiping about what i did last time when i was drunk... 27 days ago... Now i feel sick n scared, thought id freed myself but its bit me on the ass again, and I'm sober. Ffs...

If the rumours spread, my colleagues find out, oh gawd... Pretty sure its been exaggerated too... I feel as black as a hangover.

Sorry to be a downer, didn't know who to tell... X
I'm sorry about this.

Don't let the people with small minds bother you. Seriously, how much are their own lives lacking if they are talking about something that happened a four weeks ago?

Focus on staying sober and let your current actions speak louder than the gossip.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aarryckha View Post
Taproot, I'm glad you made it through!

Smack that AV around! Show it who's boss!

Congrats on two weeks!!
BTW,
Taproot started a fantastic thread on "newcomers" titled "the AV is getting angry and impatient".
There were some brilliant, insightful ways of recognising and dealing with the AV.
Definitely worth a read.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Cara39 View Post
One week today but my AV is really ramping up...this is really hard but I know SO worth it. Would just love a break
Congrats on making it through your first week!

Make sure you are aware of things going on with you. Are you Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired? (HALT) Have you been eating and drinking plenty of fluids?

Hang in there!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KimsFriend View Post
But since you brought up embarrassing things from the last time we drank, enfinthechange:
I just got back from the gym (first trip since being sober) and during my workout my trainer asked me if I was having pain in my right hip. I said "yes - it has been hurting me for almost 2 weeks now!" He said "you have a pretty bad muscle strain"

Now, I thought I was in pain because of detoxing off booze and body getting used to being sober, yada yada yada. The trainer said to me "what the hell did you do?"
Because I REALLY DO NOT KNOW. This is only one of the many embarrassing things that come from my frequent blackouts.
I have woken up with a cracked rib, I have woken up with blood all over my bathroom and no idea where it originated from, I have woken up with a broken wrist, I have woken up with a gash in my leg that I couldn't explain....

But no more. No more.
Crikey KF, me too.
Frightening, isn't it. I still look at some of my scars with absolutely no idea how they came to be.
/shudders
Old 04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
Haribos are fizzy sweets, tangfastics are the best Not sure you can get them in the US
When folks started talking about Haribos before, I thought they were talking about gummy bears. There's a company named Haribos that makes gummy candies. They too are quite tasty, IMO.

I'd love to try some Haribos sometime. They sound gooood!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Sparkos. Present, correct and sober,
KimsFriend. Present, correct and sober.
Toddle 118. Present, correct and sober.
Aarrycckha. Present, correct and sober.
Calichris: Present, correct and sober.
Nonna11 Present, correct and sober.
Enfin, present, correctish and sober,
Michtizz, present, correct and sober,
FortWorthsober, present, correct and sober,
MrFixit63, present, correct and sober,
Ilya, present, correct and sober,
Biminiblue, present, correct and sober,
Lookinforward, present, correct and sober,
Cara39, present, correct and sober,
Kopfan, present, correct and sober,
Jade1224, present, correct and sober, (I really hope so).
Adams, present, sober, and indeterminate,
Boobeary, present, correct and sober,
Ilya, present, correct, and sober,
Sobiali, present, correct and sober,
FacingFuture, present, correct and sober,
Timetotry1, present, correct and sober,
Hiddenzebra, present, correct and sober,
Navigatorrs, present, correct and sober,
Simplenoteasy, present, correct and sober,
Discovery14, present correct and sober,
Noolan, present, correct and sober,
Mr G, present, correct and sober,
Old 04-03-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, its complex really.. .. and my own stupid fault... but I cringe at the stuff I did, and hope it doesn't have recriminations... I have to remember people have much more to worry about than me and what I dun.... its not even that bad a thing really, its just who and where and the small village and small town I work in...
grrrr.... Thanks Kims Friend... sorry about your hip!!! Would trade an actual injury for the worry of this stupid situation!!! (or so it feels)

Situations kind of go pea MELON pea MELON pea MELON... kind of like a hungover brain....
Old 04-03-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

And haribos DO make gummy bears, amongst others....

Ate 5 fairy cakes today.. oops....
Old 04-03-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Hi all, lunch with fam member went ok. But I'm definitely irritable and not used to socializing with anyone without a martini. Ugh.

Now I'm exhausted but I'm going to work out. Get that over with. Then back into my lovely safe office cave.
Hey, Ilya. Hang in there. It's going to get easier. <hugs>

We'll be here when you get back from your work out!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Originally Posted by KimsFriend View Post

But no more. No more.
Oh wow! It's definitely good for your health to have stopped drinking!

Worst things I ever did was talking, texting and typing... Yeah not a good idea while blackout drunk.

Have you seen your doctor?