# 2 (permalink)  

Top!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

~Food For Thought ~ Thoughtful Tuesday Edition~
~Develop Your "A" Game~

You are enough. It's not what you don't have...it's what you think you need that keeps you from living your greatest life. Everything you need to make your dream a reality is within you. It takes effort and work to develop yourself.

You have abilities and talents in you that you haven't reached for yet. You have untapped power, drive, and determination to get things done. It requires making up your mind and sticking to it. Now's the time for your "A" game. You have what it takes. Make something happen! You have GREATNESS within you!

~Snack~
You will only have the money, success, health, relationships, prestige, etc that matches your level of personal development. If you don’t have the success you want, the first place to look and go to work on is you.

Whatever situation you find your behind in today, your mind put it there. Your thoughts direct the flow of activity into and out of your life. At all times, in all situations, if you don't like where you find your bottom, change what's going on at the top.

~Have a great day SR, dare to be better than you were yesterday.~
Old 03-11-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Kane, glad you are being supportive of your daughter and sorry to read about all the drama! I cannot stand that female drama and I am a female. I never dealt well with it. Disengaging is a good skill, and I am working on that one myself. It came highly recommended at a talk I attended on relating to your teens, but I think it can apply to anyone esle behaving immaturely and irrationally.

Renarde, your semesters seem to whizz on by! Crazy busy, but I guess that means you finish quickly too! I Hope you really get to relax and have a HEALTHY vacation!!

PBC, your day sounds great! Perfect. Nice when everything goes well, much is accomplished and you have a good feeling of satisfaction.

Brooksie, sorry to hear about your mother. I hope she is alright.

Fishy, I hope you have a good week with your family and get back to finishing your rehab. Hope you are at least reading.

I successfully watched the last episode of the Bachelor last night and did it without wine, lol. Why do I watch that crap? becauae I was drinking!! I find it amusing, actually, and enjoy seeing the travelling that they do, but this one was a dud. Seriously, one of those things where you realize it was an excuse to sit in front of the TV drinking wine.

Somewhat quiet week on tap, which is good. Have loads to catch up on after that virus last week. Though, still struggling with my back. That is a off and on thing with me. Annoying when I have a lot to do around the house, as much of it cannot be done when my back acts up. But I will find things I can do.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you continue to feel better, Rochele!
Old 03-11-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am sorry about yesterday I was an ass hat. Next time someone sleeps with my wife and tries to take my money. . I'll just buy him an ice cream cone and make him sit in the corner for a timeout. Give peace a chance
Old 03-11-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are human, Fish. The other guy, he sounds like an asshat to me. Well, that would be mild. I cannot think of words for the pair of them, frankly.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Top!
4:21 am? How can I compete with that??!!

Dee, we need to start new threads on Pacific Time US....ok? I know you are a busy man and do so many wonderful things here - but just saying....

Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
~Food For Thought ~ Thoughtful Tuesday Edition~
~Develop Your "A" Game~

You are enough. It's not what you don't have...it's what you think you need that keeps you from living your greatest life. Everything you need to make your dream a reality is within you. It takes effort and work to develop yourself.

You have abilities and talents in you that you haven't reached for yet. You have untapped power, drive, and determination to get things done. It requires making up your mind and sticking to it. Now's the time for your "A" game. You have what it takes. Make something happen! You have GREATNESS within you!

~Snack~
You will only have the money, success, health, relationships, prestige, etc that matches your level of personal development. If you don’t have the success you want, the first place to look and go to work on is you.

Whatever situation you find your behind in today, your mind put it there. Your thoughts direct the flow of activity into and out of your life. At all times, in all situations, if you don't like where you find your bottom, change what's going on at the top.

~Have a great day SR, dare to be better than you were yesterday.~
Very true and inspirational, it is a well known fact in cbt that it is thoughts that rule our actions, if we can change our thoughts our actions will also change, alcohol numbed all of this, so without it we can strive to see clearer and learn more about ourselves.

Thank you for your post, I often forget that

Old 03-11-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Renarde....brain disease...icky, yet fascinating I'm sure. I've been wondering lately how many brain cells I've killed with alcohol. Millions I bet. I want them back pretty please. Hope your day in the library is productive. I love libraries. Quiet.

Brooksie, I hope you mom is doing ok. That feeling of caring for a parent is very familiar to me. If something happens to my dad.....I'm gonna be a mess.

Rochele, back injuries are miserable. Feel better!!

Kane, hitting the ignore button is my favorite weapon for sanity. Good for you. I do hope everyone can calm down ~ for your daughter's sake. Sounds like she has a rock of emotional stability in you.

Have a great day everyone. I feel very blessed to be sober and enlightened!
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
Renarde....brain disease...icky, yet fascinating I'm sure. I've been wondering lately how many brain cells I've killed with alcohol. Millions I bet. I want them back pretty please. Hope your day in the library is productive. I love libraries. Quiet.
I am actually finding it really fascinating. I thought I didn't like neuro but I recently worked on a neuro floor and enjoyed it. I do love the library! It's only for the medical campus. It has its issues but for the most part it's great. How are you doing today?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I am actually finding it really fascinating. I thought I didn't like neuro but I recently worked on a neuro floor and enjoyed it. I do love the library! It's only for the medical campus. It has its issues but for the most part it's great. How are you doing today?
So much we don't know about the brain, but it's comforting to know you are on the case!

I'm ok. I have two kids who are sick. My husband and I are trying to take care of them and work....been very, very stressful. This is my busy season at work too. Not sleeping well at all and I can't remember a time I've been more "edgy." I feel panicky at times, which is completely unlike me. I'm at home today trying to write a complicated report while my children are here on my office floor wrapped up in blankets because the housekeeper is here cleaning. LOL! Never a dull moment.

But I am trying to stay positive and to remember that "this too shall pass." Still learning to deal with my emotions instead of numb them. This gets easier, right? (Lillian says hopefully)....
Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You know It won't be long she we'll end up with one of those rare brain diseases
Old 03-11-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dee, we need to start new threads on Pacific Time US....ok? I know you are a busy man and do so many wonderful things here - but just saying....

It was a nice comfortable time of the morning on the east coast!

I read a cool poem last night in a book that I thought I'd share. It's called "The Bar" and it's signed anonomously. I found it in a book by Neil Anderson called Freedom From Addiction.

The Bar

The Saloon is called a bar
It's more than that by far!
It's a bar to heaven, a door to hell
Whoever named it, named it well.
A bar to manliness and wealth
A door to want and broken health.
A bar to honor, pride and fame
A door to grief, and sin and shame.
A bar to hope, a bar to prayer
A door to darkness and despair.
A bar to an honored, useful life
A door to brawling, senseless strife.
A bar to all that's true and brave
A door to every drunkard's grave.
A bar to joys that home imparts
A door to tears and aching hearts.
A bar to heaven, a door to hell
Whoever named it, named it well.

-Anonymous
Old 03-11-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Guys,

If you have questions about the administration or the mods of the forum, please keep the comments to PM and talk to me or one of the other mods.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
Very true and inspirational, it is a well known fact in cbt that it is thoughts that rule our actions, if we can change our thoughts our actions will also change, alcohol numbed all of this, so without it we can strive to see clearer and learn more about ourselves.

Thank you for your post, I often forget that

Your welcome...we are, and become what we think most deeply. I truly believe that.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning all, its cooling down here.

Nothing major happening at the moment. Thank you all for your kind and generous thoughts !

PBC: I enjoyed reading that poem, thanks for that !

Fishy: good that you have calmed down and no impact on your sobriety. Keep soldiering on

Rochele: I hope you recover fully soon

Lillian: I hope your kids get better soon ! Having sick children really makes us compassionate. I also feel on edge at times. For me its an indication that I am projecting or ruminating on something beyond my control. Also, I believe that learning to identify and accept your emotions is something you become more adept at when practicing mindfulness especially the identification part. Accepting is tougher particularly when it comes to very negative emotions. My usual instinct is to push them away but I am now trying to simply accept them for what they are. The emotions are not pleasant and makes me feel uncomfortable but I try hard to simply let them sit. One does get more comfortable with the practice over time. Hugs to you !

Blkdiesel: Useful wisdom as ever. We're so lucky to get these pearls on a daily basis !

Everyone have a lovely day and evening. Love and thanks to all !

Old 03-11-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL last night was an exception really LG - it was only 8.30 but man I needed my bed

D
Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL last night was an exception really LG - it was only 8.30 but man I needed my bed

D
OK, so you're eight hours behind me. No need to lose sleep over this. So the answer is quite simple....I'm on here at night after children go to bed....let's say oh.....10 pm Pacific USA. That would be 2:00 pm Strailya time. Right after lunch just *poof* you could think...new thread time!

Don't worry, I'll send you a reminder. Aww, I just realized that would be after midnight for our friends eastward from me....tsk tsk...you guys would probably be in bed asleep.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!! I feel like the villain in the movies who always shares his secret evil plan of mayhem with the good guys - giving them plenty of time to thwart said evil plan.

Dee, I see you are about to hit 83,000 posts. That's amazing....truly...to think how many people you've helped.