Notices

Class Of February 2014 Part 7

Old 04-11-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DiggingIn View Post
This made me laugh out loud for real. :-) For some reason it seems unfair that it is Friday afternoon and I'm at work still, but you're already enjoying your Saturday!

Kudos to the group from me as well. I don't think I could have made all these changes without this support. 20 more work days here, then I can close the door on this chapter of my life.
DI, you beat me to it! I was thinking that was an interesting combo of activities. Do you feel more sympathy for the aliens if you meditate first, Gazza?

I'm glad to see you made it through your turbulent evening, Gleefan. I'm proud of you for staying strong. I hate thinking that people are talking about me. That could have been enough to make drink (it definitely would make me WANT to drink.)

I just got back from soliciting donations from some local businesses for our annual temple fundraiser. I was shaking like a leaf and had a hard time doing it. I hate having social anxiety! Now on to the annual school carnival. Lots of waiting in line - fun! This year, I won't be dying to come home and start drinking like I usually do. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Also, Torn, glad you had a better experience. And even had some ladies in the mix. I'm sure it has to be a little more comfortable not being the only woman. Hope you have a good meeting! I was thinking about going to the Women's meeting tonight, but then I remembered I have to go to that school carnival.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:09 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SayAnything View Post
I just got back from soliciting donations from some local businesses for our annual temple fundraiser. I was shaking like a leaf and had a hard time doing it. I hate having social anxiety!
I don't have social anxiety and I would never volunteer to do that. Stems from the first time I ever tried to go door to door selling candy for my school, and the little old lady neighbor rejected me.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by gleefan View Post
I don't have social anxiety and I would never volunteer to do that. Stems from the first time I ever tried to go door to door selling candy for my school, and the little old lady neighbor rejected me.
Wow, me too! Forced to sell magazines and pies door to door. I did not like!

They remembered me in AA. Nice day out, not many people there. Lady next to me shared first. I do have anxiety about sharing. So they looked at me next but I froze, so guy on her other side spoke. It went around, they looked at me again... Gah! It was about honesty. People really had a lot to say. I said, err Ok, and I said, I can honestly say I'm not wanting to be here, but I'm still trying to figure this AA stuff out. With that I pass. I feel incredibly stupid blurting that out.

I feel so stupid, I just couldn't figure out what to say. After the meeting a guy said, just give it time. I told him, I figured I was going too, I have nothing to lose.

I put my chair away and ran outta there.

I'll go next Friday. Several people told me they had hard time speaking for months, I wonder what they said or did when the group gives the look it is your turn.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Originally Posted by SayAnything View Post
Lots of waiting in line - fun! This year, I won't be dying to come home and start drinking like I usually do. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Let me know how it goes. I find that when I'd rather be drinking I'd be more irritated about whatever was keeping me from my drinks.

Waiting in line doesn't sound like fun but maybe you'll enjoy the company you're with more than waiting for drink time.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Not sure why, but really fighting the battle all of the sudden. I'm within walking distance of cheap wine. I'd hoped the cravings were gone.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

It's Friday and the AV is trying to trick you.

Are you hungry? Tired? Remember how good waking up feels with no hangover.
  # 288 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most of us drank for years DI - it takes a little while for those cravings to fade.

Stay strong - drinking today won't make anything better
  # 289 (permalink)  

Not sure why, but really fighting the battle all of the sudden. I'm within walking distance of cheap wine. I'd hoped the cravings were gone.
Turn around and walk the other way, DI. Kick your AV in his backside.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Turn around and walk the other way, DI. Kick your AV in his backside.
I am and I will continue. Ugh. But, thanks.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Lol, turns out sharing a snack sized Cheetos with my elderly dog does the trick! Her tail was really wagging tonight!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

Lol, turns out sharing a snack sized Cheetos with my elderly dog does the trick! Her tail was really wagging tonight!
I am happy to see this! I'm glad you got through another AV test.

I'll be heading for bed. Still sick. Supposed to hike tomorrow. Have a good night DI.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:35 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Well done DI!

TR saying what you said at the meeting about not wanted to be there... that is a share.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

TR, you shouldn't have to share until you're ready. I'm glad you aren't giving up on it and at least you were honest!

DI, good job. It's the little things. I heart Cheetos a little too much! I don't know if I could share...

I really enjoyed my night this year just seeing the kids and their parents enjoy themselves. Sure, most of the parents are exasperated by the end of the carnival and the kids are on a major sugar buzz, but I never once thought about wanting a drink. My son had a friend sleep over and I don't have to worry about their safety with a mom who needs to drink. I'm sometimes ashamed of myself that I was that irresponsible. But I don't have to be anymore.

Off to work soon! Who doesn't love to work on Saturdays?
Old 04-12-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday class of Feb peeps!

Great job DI!!!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Absolutly exhausted over here in sunny England, just finished the last shift of my first full week in my new job, I find sometimes there's a nice calm feeling you get after a hard days work, going to plan out the next few days workouts. I hit 60 days on Tuesday, can't believe it!

Stay strong out there everyone,
And take pride in your sobriety and be proud of yourself for achieving what you're achieving. Never doubt that you're on the right path because you absolutely are.

If it's hard, that means it's working
Old 04-12-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Way to go DI !! I find food helps kick the cravings, too, and it HAS to be junk food. The farther it is from it's natural state, the better. Which gets me thinking, I'm going out to buy brownie mix for tonight.

My stressy week is phasing into a relaxing weekend. Friday night hubby, the kids and I went out to dinner, looked at cars, and relaxed at home. No drinks for him. He agreed it was nice and wants us to hang out sober like that more often.

Have a great Saturday, friends!
Old 04-12-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Beautiful day here. Actually spent some time with my nieces and a friend's 3 y.o flying kites. Tonight is dinner with my family celebrating my brother-in-law's birthday.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

All good here. Congrats on 60 days LS

Went to an AA meeting and then to church. Sidnt enjoy either but Im sober. Think Id rather do the church thing myself. I would like to work the steps but cant imagine sitting there 3 years from now. Its been three years since I went. Went to a meeting Ive never been to before, but knew 5 people and heard there stuff again. Just my two cents but wouldnt it be better to fill their lives with new positive hobbies and interests. On the other hand they are sharing a message that helps some people sober up. Im in two minds about it. Best not to go for me I think.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Gazza- everyone has their own path. I looked up every AA in the area and none seemed right for me. This group though, so on spot.

Learned tonight that my geriatric dog does not enjoy vegetables. Guess she needs her own bag of Cheetos! :-) Happy Sober Sunday everyone!!