Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 8

Old 03-27-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you brought up the subject of fatigue, SCF, I'm still struggling with it too. I know that with the right combination of sobriety, healthy eating and exercise, and TIME, it will improve, based upon what I have read in other's posts. That in itself is pushing me forward, I can't wait to get there.

Welcome Beardy, how goes your recovery? I love reading and sharing here because it does help realizing that others may be experiencing the same or similar physical and/or mental issues that hit me at various stages; I don't feel so alone in this.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That must be a tough one, GCG, I'm actually pretty laid back as a person, not much on the control front here. I have enough difficulty controlling myself! I'll offer up my suggestions or advice if someone asks, but have learned over the years not to take it personally if they choose a different route. One thing I have put into practice at work is keeping my nose out of situations that don't concern me; not any of my business is what I often tell myself. It does reduce stress caused by worrying about something that may never even happen. I think it kind of likens itself to one day at a time, not worrying too much about what may happen, only what I am faced with at that moment.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I guess i will be the last to have a two month milestone in this class of January as my stop date is the 29th January Good to see so many of you progressing with your recoveries. I hope it is becoming easier for you all and you are all enjoying the rewards of your recovery efforts Sending you all positive vibes!
Old 03-27-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey Pedro, great to hear from you and an early congrats to you on your 2 months of sobriety! For myself, cravings are less intense and not nearly as frequent, mood swings are leveling out and sleep is greatly improved. As I mentioned previously, I'm still waiting for my energy levels to soar, although I do have to admit, I'm not nearly as fatigued as I was the first couple of months. More importantly, how are you doing?
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi Pedro,
My stop date was Jan 30, 2014, so you'll me a day ahead of me.
WG
Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Odelle its great to hear about your improvements since you began your recovery. The body and mind are the most marvelous and resilient things. Its just amazing to feel the changes we do when we treat ourselves with a little respect
Life is just so much better when sober. I actually started my recovery about a year ago but had a bit of a relapse and restarted again in January. Since last year my life has changed so much for the better in both physical and mental terms. I have so much more constructive time on my hands and i actually even feel like i am a better husband, father and roll model. This time around the cravings have been minimal and i am really looking forward to my future without alcohol
Looks like i was premature with my claim to be the last person in January. Hello wasgone! Congratulations on your two months in advance for Sunday
Old 03-28-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pedro1234 View Post
I guess i will be the last to have a two month milestone in this class of January as my stop date is the 29th January Good to see so many of you progressing with your recoveries. I hope it is becoming easier for you all and you are all enjoying the rewards of your recovery efforts Sending you all positive vibes!
We will wait for you!

No man/ woman left behind
Old 03-28-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class Beardy!

Pedro: congrats on 2 months.

Have a good day class. Stay Strong
Old 03-28-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Welcome Beardy!

Congratulations on 2 months Pedro!

Good morning, all. Survived the house guests. It was kind of tiring, but fine. The men knocked back a lot of beer but the women stuck with water. One more revelation that not everybody drinks the way I did.

TGIF and have a good day people!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yay, Adee.
That is good to hear.
WG
Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 70!

I'm half way thru day 70. 10 weeks! I can't believe it. This is the longest I have ever made it and I'm so glad I'm here. Thanks to all of you!
Old 03-28-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Way to go, startingnew2!
Old 03-28-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I looked for perfection in my work only to be put down by my boss who was happy just getting by, this started a pattern in my life that did not change for the next 16 years only now can I see with the help of Sr that it's time to stop destroying my life with drink.So what if it's not perfect that's life you tell yourself but inside your not happy and it was only when I read the serenity prayer that something clicked.Thank you Sr and all in this group.Sorry it took so long for me to join but writing does not come easy to me so please for give the english.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class of 1-14 Beardy
keep posting
we have lots of ears to listen
write as much as you want
I know lots of English
What do you need?
WG
Old 03-28-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 70 days Startingnew2
Old 03-28-2014, 07:04 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

The serenity prayer gets me through many tough days, especially at work, Beardy. Not drinking also helps; I find that I don't internalize drama nearly as much!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Beardy, for years I've thought I was "happy enough", which was not at all. Only recently did I realize just how short I was selling myself. I have a lot of hope that there is more to my life than what I've settled for. The serenity prayer is a big help to me as well.

Congrats on 70 days startingnew!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Earthquake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horrible, cracks in walls, fountain knocked of base (huge), and the aftershocks keep coming. Prayers would be appreciated. Crazy news coverage plays it down, but being at the epicenter, let me tell you, it was the worst I've ever felt! I don't think I'll sleep tonight.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have my prayers Odelle. I hope the aftershocks won't cause any more damage.

D
Old 03-29-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. I hate earthquakes, hopefully we won't get another big one. My poor cats are hiding....wish I could.