Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 8

Old 03-29-2014, 12:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

It certainly sounds more terrifying from people I know on the ground than what the news is saying.

I hope the night passes without incident Odelle.

D
Old 03-29-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Wow! Thinking of you, Odelle. I hope the aftershocks are over and life can settle down. I'm sorry you saw so much damage - you're right, it's being played down as "less than 5.5, so not a big one". 5.1 is really big when you are at the epicenter.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Prayers too you Odelle! And hugs too!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Well, still here, still really spooked, but here. I surveyed the damage outside this morning and fortunately, nothing major noted. The water fountain toppled and broke, so that's going to have to be hauled away at some point. I haven't been in an earthquake of that magnitude in over 26 years. I remember that one because it scared me so much that I was nauseous for days afterwards, turns out I was pregnant with my daughter. I'm nauseous now, but I can guarantee you guys, the stork's not going to be visiting this house anytime soon!
Old 03-29-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hahaha Odelle! At least your sense of humor is intact!

Day 90 for me and I'm feeling hopeful and happy to be alive. Took my dog for an early morning run and happened upon a full rainbow. It's a nice way to end a rough week.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days Adee! Keep it up!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi, really had a major fail last night and now paying for it. I hope that I still have your support guys, I could really do with it today.

Saw this today and it sums up where I'm at (no surprise there!)

"Life is like algebra - it keeps giving you the same exams until you pass." - Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Uggghhh. Now my husband knows the full extent of my problem after talking to him this morning, I bared my soul and told him how scared I was. He was so caring and supportive. I'm so lucky he's still here and I realise how blessed I am. Time to really knuckle down. My hangover this morning progressed into a full blown panic attack. The only thing that got me through was listening to a healing meditation over and over till I could drift off to some patchy sleep. This is no way to live
Old 03-29-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sending you love Goldcoastgirl. ♥

You say you had "a major fail". But what I see is someone with the courage to get back up and start again.

I'm so glad your husband was/is caring and supportive. It sounds as though having that conversation with him will really help you going forward.

Just for today, try to be kind to yourself.
You came straight back here, and that is wonderful.

You have the love and support of your whole class, and all of us on SR.

V xx
Old 03-29-2014, 11:11 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Thanks Venuscat, you are a treasure x
Old 03-30-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Happy 90 Days Adee! Hope I get to that point soon! What an amazing accomplishment for you!

GCG, you will succeed, you have it in your heart to keep trying and seem to have a good head on your shoulders so I trust that you will succeed in your life.

Odelle, I live in the Fullerton area which is around 2 miles from the epicenter and I was alone when the 5.1 Quake hit last night. I made sure my pets were okay and surveyed the damage to the house. Luckily no damage or injuries, just jilted nerves and panic I haven't experienced since the Northridge Quake back in the 90s. The numerous aftershocks including the one this past afternoon wasn't very helpful in calming me down. I usually am pretty cool with Earthquakes since I'm born and raised here in LA but we have had quite an Earthquake drought the past 20 years and I forgot how the bigger ones felt. Anyway, I'm going to turn in for the night. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-30-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 60 for me today.

WG
Old 03-30-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Happy 60 wasgone!!

GCG - you see that you keep failing, but I see that you keep trying. Telling your husband is a huge step and I think that honesty will serve you well. You need to do something different than what you've been doing, and opening up to him is definitely something different. Good for you. We are still here no matter what.

SCF - glad everything is ok! I lived in LA and then SF for many years but I somehow missed all of the bigger earthquakes in both places . Still even the little shakers could set me on edge for days so I really feel for you and Odelle.

Nice early Sunday morning for me before anyone gets up. Have some work to do today but am enjoying coffee and time to myself before I get to it. Have a good day all.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi SCF, I'm at the point where Fullerton, La Habra and La Mirada meet. We have cracks in walls near the joist, so plaster and paint when things settle down. We lost a large water fountain and lots of sleep. The aftershocks just keep happening, here it sounds like a sonic boom with a jolt throughout the house. My poor cats are terrified, one I was able to coax out from under a bed this morning, only to have another aftershock send her running for cover again.

I'm actually very afraid to go into work tomorrow, a high rise in OC. Yes, my nerves are definitely frayed.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days Wasgone! Well done.

GCG, this may be your turning point. Bite the bullet and force yourself to get through the next few weeks alcohol free, and then it does get easier. You can do this, GCG, but you have to be determined.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

GCG I found memorys of things I did when sober help me believe that the next time would be better also it proved that 0 alcohol was the only way to go. Back in February I sat with a beer in my hand and what stoped me opening it was a memory of a wedding (I was sober) and I looked around the room and saw one of the guest so drunk that he was barely able to stand and that would of been me at 7pm. Is that what I want for the rest of my life NO!!!
It does get better. By the way the suns out here in Cornwall England clocks have changed and another day sober life's good.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:22 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Odelle;

GCG, this may be your turning point. Bite the bullet and force yourself to get through the next few weeks alcohol free, and then it does get easier. You can do this, GCG, but you have to be determined.[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone, I have taken on board what each of you have said and I appreciate it. Odelle, what you wrote above really struck a chord with me. I am a VERY determined person in other areas of my life. I don't give up easily and have fought hard for things in my journey through life. I will apply that determination to staying sober.

Sorry to hear about the earthquake and damage, it must have been terrifying. My 21 yr old daughter is going to the States on 9th April solo for a month, New York, LA and San Francisco. I am nervous enough about her going on her own and hope there are no more earthquakes to add into the mix.

Thanks again everyone, I couldn't ask for better support. Have a great day xxx
Old 03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

In case I don't have the chance to post tomorrow morning, here's to Halfvictory - congratulations on 90 days!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good sober morning!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 days halfvictory!

Good morning class. Struggling with finding a positive attitude this monday morning, but I'm going to get my self out the door for a run in a few minutes. Really trying to focus in more on body health in my next 90 days. I realized last week that exercise is a huge help with PAWS, so I'm trying to slowly build on what I've started even though I'm feeling like a big baby about it at present.

Have a good day everyone. Keep on keeping on.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

GCG, there's a reason for everything. Perhaps this is what you needed to really show up at the "sober" lifestyle. To have the Sh** scared out of you. As I approach 70 days soon, I've been struggling every day and night and PAWS has been bad. Seems no matter what I do, go to more AA meetings, talk to my sponsor etc my AV is just constantly SCREAMING in my head. Remember, it's not the "number of days, it's the quality of those days." I don't consider living being a miserable suffering dry drunk. Keep rocking!