Notices

Class of January 2014 Part 8

Old 04-23-2014, 03:56 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pcurley71 View Post
Afternoon everyone!! It's crazy, in my addiction I always did things wrong. I had to take the easy way out. Now that I'm sober and doing things right, everything goes we'll and as planned. I'm so grateful to finally be able to do things the right way!! Thank you to everyone on here who is always so encouraging. This is a great place to be. Now that this court stuff is over with, I have to continue one day at a time. If need be, one hour at a time!!

Thanks all!!'
Way to GO, Pcurley! We all need to hear good things like this! Thanks to you, too!

Starting, you're doing great. Don't second guess yourself. Worry only about you. Good luck on Thursday. Stay strong and keep up the good work.

Sweet, sober dreams Everyone.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 96 days Startingnew2, I hope the appointment with the counselor brings you some peace of mind. Myself, I've just come to accept that I will never be able to enjoy a glass or two of wine, once it hits my system, it's off to the races for me. I have also come to accept that it's the first glass that ignites the insatiable cravings that I have put to rest; I don't want to awaken that monster!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

I love your post, PCurley71, it rings so true and something I hadn't given much thought to!
Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

good morning class! hope everyone is having a wonderful day/night.

stay strong and sober today
Old 04-25-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

good morning again! 2 good morning posts in a row, 2 different days...is there some sort of prize for that?

Not much to say this fine morning. still sober..with 144 days down.

stay strong and sober
Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Congrats on 144 days halfvictory! I'm clipping along behind you at 105 days today

Congrats to everyone else as well who are putting forth such an amazing effort! Have a wonderful and sober weekend!
Old 04-25-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

thanks kisho but that's a typo..should be 114
Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Loving the sober life!! Never have to worry about all the addictive nonsense and dont have to keep looking over my shoulder! Feels great. Congrats to everyone on their clean time. Day 97 for me. Almost into triple digits!!! Crazy!! I know there is gonna be bumps in the road, I just need to keep it one day at a time

Have a great day everyone!!!

"Theres only good days and learning days"
Old 04-25-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Everyone is doing great! Keep the momentum going!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pcurley71 View Post
Loving the sober life!! Never have to worry about all the addictive nonsense and dont have to keep looking over my shoulder! Feels great. Congrats to everyone on their clean time. Day 97 for me. Almost into triple digits!!! Crazy!! I know there is gonna be bumps in the road, I just need to keep it one day at a time

Have a great day everyone!!!

"Theres only good days and learning days"
I agree pcurly, drinking was like a part time job for me, planning my day around it,driving to different dumpsters to get rid of bottles, coming up with excuses to get out of social engagements, list goes on and on. I have so much more clear headed energy to spend on constructive and productive, more rewarding things, now, so grateful.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hi all. Am still hanging in there. 16 weeks today. (112 days). I can't believe it. Several times I have been tempted lately. I am holding strong.

Next Friday I am going to line up for my 4 month chip. Haven't been to as many meetings lately gotta pick up on that.

Love and good wishes to everyone.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:16 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Congrats, Finnie! You'll get there. Tell that av to take a hike................
Old 04-25-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

It sounds like many of us are actually settling in with sobriety and I agree with all of the posts today, life is so much easier without having to plan my evenings around drinking and wasting time. Four months tomorrow for me and I am so grateful! I was really thinking I would never get this monkey off my back when I took the leap of faith last December and I can't believe I'm actually doing this and enjoying it!

Stay strong everyone, the bad days come and go but the good days make it so worth the effort!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Really tough week here - partly external, partly internal. I feel like things I've kept inside are welling up and it's been an emotionally confusing, chaotic and exhausting week for me. I went to meetings every day and I'm going to one tomorrow. I can't really tell whether it is making me more stirred up or helping, but for the moment I sit in the room, I feel that I'm in exactly the right place, and that's the only time I feel that all day sometimes. So I keep going.

Yesterday I just sobbed all the way into work, and I couldn't explain why. My theory is that I'm starting to wake up to the feelings I've stuffed down for long and I just don't have the tools yet to deal with them effectively, but I really have no idea.

I think I will look back at this time as a time when I really turned a corner. As long as I keep going.

Best to all of you - stay strong, stay with this. It's hard but I truly believe good things are coming, and really, good things are here already, even when it's hard to see.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Wheeeew! Rough night. Got put to the test in my recovery. I live right across from a bar. It was super packed. My addiction kept telling me its ok if you go over there and have one. On top of it all, a few of my old "drinking buddies" showed up from the bar. They didnt stay long after they found out that im in recovery now. But, I didnt use!! Felt good waking up today knowing I didnt do anything stupid!!!

Have a great day and stay strong everyone!!!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Great job pcurley of getting through the temptation, the ease of picking up, and the trigger of old drinking buddies. Every day we resist the urge makes us stronger! Have a wonderful, sober weekend!
Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good morning Adee, I hope this day begins with a renewed sense of peace and contentment for you; you deserve it. It seems that those tearful moments are part of recovery and this time around, I'm just accepting things as they progress and not trying to understand or rationalize everything. It's kind of funny, when I was younger, I thought I knew so much and now I find myself acknowledging to myself and to God in my internal dialog that there is so much I don't know and don't understand and that perhaps it isn't meant for me to even try!

You have a full plate, that I know. Raising children and working full time can be overwhelming, yet somehow you will get through this. My escape for days like that used to be a bottle of wine in a bubble bath. Maybe for you, a bottle of lemon water and a bubble bath? A much healthier option for you and a retreat I wish I had opted for when I was in the stage of life that you are currently in. You are doing awesome Adee, and the choices you make now are paving a path of behavior that your children will mimic when faced with similar stresses. There really is a lot of learned behavior from childhood!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Odelle - Your words helped, as usual.

It did occur to me this morning when I woke up that as hard as the week was, I DIDN"T DRINK OVER IT. I didn't really even get close to drinking over it. That is something worth celebrating. Progress!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Hi Adee, great to hear you feel better. I work full time too and have 3 kids.

My counsellor has recommended I read ' the power of now' by Elkhart tolle. Book is around a while so you may already be familiar.

The philosophy outlined in the book is helping me enormously at the moment.

Two concepts I like are observing the inner thoughts and observing anger at work in your body.

Best of luck and hope all goes well for you.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Hi all, back again. Just checking in but don't have much to say as I am sick of my own voice. Just find being in your company makes me feel better. Xxx