Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 11

Old 03-02-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Just walk/jogged 3 miles. This is the new walking bridge that goes over Tampa Bay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-184343428.jpg (58.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg
image-3725546512.jpg (42.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-02-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
p***enger

OMG the blue is beautiful! Everything is grey here. Thanks for the vision!
Old 03-02-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Great pics Tam. Are they today? How sunny and hot it looks.

I went to church this morning.I always feel better after I've been. I never understood the comfort of religion when I was growing up -it was just something we were forced to do. Now I enjoy church even though I go to one of a different denomination I love it. I don't know if it's getting sober, a new place or just timing. I have always been made to feel welcome and today I mentioned that I was of a different demonination although all Christian. It didn't matter at all.The minister actually put his hand on my shoulder and said we are so pleased to welcome you here. Lovely

Feeling more positive now
Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

That was today. I love March in Florida, it goes from the 40s and 50s in February to the 70s and 80s in March pretty much overnight.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

That's fabulous Tam.Wish I was there .I've only ever been to Florida once and that was only to Miami to change flights.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

"Doing the next right thing" is something I read on here a lot but never given it too much thought. It has been on my mind since last week though. As you know I had an issue Friday which has been on my mind all weekend. Today I spoke with the people involved ,said emotions were running high and I wanted to clear the air. They seemed so relieved, grateful even that I had brought it up as it had been on their minds also. No one was right/wrong or apologies needed just better to clear the air so there is no friction. I feel a weight off my shoulders that has been there since Friday. You certainly do feel better when you feel you've done the right thing. I shall sleep tonight

I have been self indulgent of late. Still worried about Mr RAL -he is back at the hospital next week,it seems so far away but I'm not complaining. For a free service it is absolutely excellent.

Tam-I hope you and your partner enjoyed her birthday weekend and the celebrations went well.How's your son doing? Is his leg ok now?

courage-it's good to hear you feel more upbeat and positive .Long may it continue Did you have a good weekend?

Napster-how are things today? Did you have a good weekend?

Alice-hope all is well with you.Thinking of you even though you can't check in

Tazzle-How's your application going? I wouldn't mention anything to your current employer until you have been offered the position. I think it's leaving yourself too vulnerable and opening up. Play your cards close to your chest- only tell people what they need to know in order to protect your interests especially in a work situation.
Dee-hope all is well with you

Gonzo-how are you doing?

It's sunny and bright here,although icy. Have a great day everyone
Old 03-03-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

good here thanks RAL

continued best wishes for Mr RAL

D
Old 03-03-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. It's the waiting that I find the hardest really.I'm sure I'm not alone in that. If we just knew and he was having treatment and there was some plan it would be easier. It's just the not knowing that is hard. More patience needed here
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Morning all! RAL, good move on talking with the coworkers. i think it also helps for the future events as others know that you are approachable regarding issues. And waiting is ALWAYS the worst part. Every demon in the world takes advantage and tries to worm their way into your head. Don't let them! I will send strength your way to fight them off!

thank you everyone for the application advice. I had hoped to work on that this weekend but never had the chance, so hubby and I will work on that this evening. It does help to have someone else point out your strong points, even if I do not think I have any,,
I am sure a bottle of wine would help me put into words all my wonderfulness and the great accomplishments that I have attained, real or imaginary,until I submitted it and read what I typed and embellished upon the next day, so I'm going with that being a bad idea.

Okay Monday, watcha got for me! Bring it! feeling strong and determined!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
p***enger

Checking in. I'm busy -- lots of work, but made sure to make it to an AA meeting tonight as I'm going to DC on Wednesday and there will be temptations. I'm finding it really helpful to write in verse -- who knew? It's kind of like mental origami.

Taz, so right, those wine-soaked visions always look pretty pathetic later, if you can stand to look at them through the hangover. Get that application written clear-headed, and then, be patient. Change will come, probably in some way you don't dream of.

Ready, I feel for you in your own struggle with patience! I'm glad you talked things through with the people involved in your problem and "cleared the air." It sounds like you can use this as a basis for more honest, upfront relations.

Oh, Tam, send some warmth up north! We're all so tired of being cold this winter!

Dee, how are you?

Napster, Gonzo, Marria, TTBABP, and Alice -- Hope you are all ok -- I think of you every day!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Pretty sore at the moment Courage - had a bigger than usual day of running around yesterday.

Doing ok tho

D
Old 03-03-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
p***enger

I know you avoid pain meds -- I hope you do something that helps w/the pain tho. Does meditation help? I'm just being nosey -- you're such a man of mystery! And, I guess I'm wondering because tho so far I'm not very tempted to abuse the Xanax I was prescribed, I'm pretty sure from prior experience that serious painkillers would float my boat in a big way. So I wonder about natural pain relief.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
p***enger

Dee -- anyway, whatever, I hope you get some relief from soreness. xxoo

Any thoughts on the Xanax? It's the lowest prescribed dosage, and I only take 1 or 2 right before I turn out the light. But I know me....
Old 03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry C - trying to take it easy today.

I usually rely on physio and exercise but I actually do take pain relief when required - usually aspirin or NSAIDs and sometimes very low dose codeine...

none of that 'floats my boat' - it's for pain, I don't get high or feel altered - the pain just retreats to a manageable level...I don't consider I break recovery.

I've never taken xanax or other benzoes so I have no advice there.

I guess I'd ask myself things like does it make you feel different? are you taking it for its intended use or is it a pleasurable effect?

Only you can really determine stuff like that

D
Old 03-03-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

RAL, the waiting blows. I wish there was a way around it other than keeping busy. And I liked your post about doing the next right thing, if I don't know what that is, I journal it and go from there. It helps me step back and look at it more objectively.

Courage, how are you feeling? Still speedy?

Taz, hope you get focused and update your resume and such like you planned. I'm still a huge proponent of the cover letter.

Dee, hope the soreness goes away. Does yoga help? My sponsor has back issues and I know that yoga helps tremendously.

Napster, Alice, gonzo, Marria and everyone else, hope you all are doing great.

All is well here, the boy has another week in the water proof cast and then an immobilizer for 4 weeks. He has a boot for the cast and is walking now (thank god).

We had a good long weekend for my partner's birthday and today we went to the beach and pretended to be tourists for the day and did things we never do (go eat at a seafood joint, walk the strip, go into tacky shops). Good day overall and I'm going to bed now. Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
p***enger

'Nite, Tam. Good to hear that things seem to be looking up in your family.

Dee, so far I'm not taking the xanax to get high -- I don't even let myself take it before I turn out the light, so I'm not really aware of the effect. My temptation -- which I haven't felt -- would be to go on a bender & mix it with alcohol, to be honest. I just have to watch myself, if I start to entertain thoughts like that. Basically I'm not entertaining my AV anymore, but I know it's lonely & I hear it whimpering outside the door, sometimes.

Take it easy. ((Dee))
Old 03-03-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
p***enger

Tam, yes, still kind of slightly speedy. Easily startled, jumpy, talkative. Wired. Actually, I think this is the normal me. The one I drank down!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:18 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Morning
courage-I have no advice on meds. I don't know hat xanax are? I do take painkillers but know how easy it is to abuse them too

GLad your weekend was a fun one Tam

hope you have an easier day today Dee

Feeling positive. Yesterday,as well as sorting out my main problem I also dealt head on with a few minor issues that I've been ignoring that needing sorting out. I feel better for doing that. I don't know if it's the sunshine,the meds kicking in or just feeling more positive but I'm not complaining

Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day here in the UK. Do you have that in the US? Lent tomorrow so I will be quitting sugar (again!) after some poor attempts recently. After eating pancakes all day today I will be glad to go sugar free tomorrow.

Junior RAL wants pancakes for breakfast so off I go
Old 03-04-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't do yoga Tam - I'm incredibly inflexible.

I do have exercises I should do...: LOL

D
Old 03-04-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I don't do yoga Tam - I'm incredibly inflexible. I do have exercises I should do...: LOL D
Lol just a thought.

We don't have that RAL, today is Fat Tuesday which I don't understand, something about a plastic baby in a cake and whoever gets that piece is lucky. Lol

Ah, courage, I would love to be speedy. I am so sluggish all the time.