Old 02-21-2014, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

New thread already!

RAL, Im thinking about You.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks, Dee. Clean thread, clean future?
Old 02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Tam
Good idea courage
I'm so tired-not been home long. Mr RAL is in a lot of pain and gone to bed. Safely through the op but been told he has to have the op again in 2 weeks time as they want to go deeper and do more investigations Least he's in safe hands

I'll check in propoerly over the weekend-hope all are well
Old 02-21-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thinking of you RAL, hope all goes well.

I'm going to fire my bike up and get a couple of hundred fast miles done tomorrow morning, met up with a new bunch of Ducati riders (as I got one 6 months ago) and some of those boys are quick as flip!

Fortunately my drying brain and increased fitness seem to be up to the job of keeping up with them.

Works getting better and better, might start to see a few deals come home to roost in March, am using the purchase of a full Termigoni race exhaust system as my sales motivation technique

Thinking of you as always Courage, sending strength your way (hugs)
Old 02-21-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all -- you are all so nice! Someday I'm going to figure out a way to throw a virtual party for you all!

Ready, I'm glad the operation went well but sorry you & your husband have to go through it again. What are the doctors telling you? It can be so hard to communicate with doctors.

Tam, how's your cold & how's your poor laid-up family doing? I hope everyone is on the mend.

Napster, you sound great! I don't know much about bikes but I've heard that Ducati enthusiasts are pretty intense about their riding. Pretty cool!

Tazzle, missing your posts-- you haven't gone around the bend on honey, have you?

Alice, Marria, TTBABP, Gonzo -- hope you each check in some time soon!

My husband and I are good. I wish I could assure him that he could take my stability for granted, but I can't -- all I can do is say that if I go off the beam, I'm more willing than I've been in the past to listen to those that tell me so. Baby steps -- seems like I've been a baby forever! Wah!

Last but far from least -- hi, Dee!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well that didn't go entirely to plan!

One of our lot rocked up late which meant we missed half the contingent who set off without us, which was fair enough. Then one of the guys in my group cocked up his braking and went into the back of me at a junction causing £3k of damage to my bike after which my bike limped home and went straight in the garage, feeling very cross and snappy so when to the shop and bought a big bag of junk food and am now coating my sorrows with chocolate... Grrr...

Hope y'all had a better day
Old 02-22-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
p***enger

OMG Napster I'm sorry! That sounds like a huge drag and such a trigger. Stay close here, stick to the chocolates (and maybe a long session at the gym), and don't even let yourself think of a drink.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
p***enger

Where have all the Decembrists gone?

I'm thinking of you all, my comrades. Wishing you & your families & your Ducatis well.

I've now officially had 3 non-mopesome days in a row, and so of course I'm worried -- when and how am I going to pay for this? In the meantime, I'm grooving on what seems to be what normal people call "a good mood."
Old 02-22-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Hi! All is well here in Florida. My cold seems to e better, the pneumonia is better and the boy got a walking cast. We went to an AA anniversary dinner (AA came to my county 69 years ago in February with a bunch of snowbirds). It was fun. The speaker was hilarious and 55 years sober. There was another guy in the audience with 58 years of sobriety.

RAL, glad the surgery is over and I hope your hubby recoups quickly. Has he stopped smoking?

Napster, mow away on the junk food, better than a drink, for sure.

Tazzle, howdy! Hope you're doing well.

Courage, here's to day 4 with no moping! You got this! I love your minder stories.

Dee, howdy!

And hi to everyone else, I always miss people, sorry.

Everyone have a good night, I am going to bed.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hello everyone
Sorry for being absent. I have been in newcomers but neglecting Decemberists

Bad luck Napster but good on you for not drinking, I remind myself we still have bad days when sober but they do indeed pass.

Tam- Mr RAL has cut down and is weaning onto e-cigarettes. It arrived this week and makes him look like some old chap from a Sherlock Holmes film Well he is an old chap really but hey ho.

Glad all are better at home Tam and good news about your meeting.

Courage - it's good you're feeling good.Enjoy-you deserve to feel good. Hopefully your meds are kicking in and uplifting you.
I didnt speak with the doc so didn't get a proper tale .Mr RAL says they want to look deeper and do another biopsy on other vocal cord, No idea why they didn't do both at once, I've googled loads but no mention of repeat microlaryngoscopy? Worried yes but surely if they saw something bad they would have told him there and then. Biopsy off to lab and he has to go back in 2 weeks for results then next op in 4 weeks possibly? Oh I don't know.

Grandma RAL is here and going home tomorrow. I'm so grateful for her being here to look after junior RAL last week as we were out for 16 hours at hospital and travel so no way could he have come with us.

Anyway hope all is well
Old 02-23-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
p***enger

Ready, I'm glad grandma has been around to help out and that Mr. RAL is home. I'm sure the doctors are just taking every precaution to make sure they've thoroughly "scoped" out your hubby -- they don't feel the anxiety on your side! I hope you're getting some rest now.

Tam, I'm glad you & your family are on the road to recovery -- well, you've been on it for a while, haven't you? You sound like your old self!

I hope everyone else is well. I spent the day preparing material for my students to cover when I'm out of town at a conference the week after next. Only one night in Washington DC, and I'm not the lead presenter. Funny, I just realized that I'm not fixated on that night with dread and fear. The meds must be working!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi guys, how is everyone?

I'm keeping busy here. Recently cleaned a lot of stuff (crap) out of my computer room... it's echoing when the keys tap. It's a depressing sound haha!

I won't be online much in the next week, and then I won't be online at all until early April :/

Good news, though, I'm getting a new phone, one that has a guest mode. Which means if I put it into guest mode then give it to someone else they can't see certain things, like my browser history. So hopefully that will help me do a better job of staying in touch.

I've thought about you all often. RAL and Mr RAL particularly.

Courage the last words of your most recent post are great, I wouldn't mind that on a tee shirt too.

I'm in a funny mood right now, so I'll sign off before my jitteriness rubs off on anyone.

Much love to you all.

A.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

good to hear from you Alice. Take care of yourself
Old 02-24-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Afternoon all. Apologize for the absence, hubby and i have been involved with the local SAR academy 2 nights a week, for the past week, teaching courses and planning future training.

Work has become a nightmare, boss has pushed me to the edge way to many days the past few weeks. He is now in the habit of calling straight up 8 am (to make sure I'm there on time) with some crisis he has discovered overnight and has done this several times just a few minutes if front of 5pm (make sure I dont leave early) Friday it was literally at 5 pm and I was just reaching to turn the phones over for the weekend(oh good your still there is what he said! grrrr) and he had stuff he just remembered to tell me. On the good side a job just opened up with the city that I qualify for, so I will be applying for it, better pay, will involve shift work, weekends etc. which will be a bummer but worth it in the long run.

Wow Napster, bad luck all around. Our weather is finally turning springlike, so if they could get the tons of marble like gravel off the road would love to take the bike out for some throttle time. Its definately needed.

RAL always thinking about you and the family, glad grandma is there to help out! It is a positive sign that they sent the biopsy off for testing. the Dr's see this often enough that if its bad they dont wait and start stuff right off the bat.

Courage have fun in DC! if you see any politicians feel free to flip them off for me, doesn't matter what party they belong to.

Alice I would like to have that feature on my phone, I always freak a little when hubby grabs it to look something up.

alrighty, need to get busy and do something, even if its wrong.

stay strong all!!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're sounding great Courage
a new job sounds just the ticket Taz!

Good to hear from you Alice - hope you get internet access sorted

Sorry about the bike Nap.

glad things are going OK with you Tam and RAL

how are you, Gonzo?

D
Old 02-24-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good here thanks, just getting the new routine established. Not much to report.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
p***enger

Alice, I'm glad you checked in and hope the "funny" mood is either good or brief!

Tazzle, good luck on the job search, & don't let yourself get wound up too tight while you're waiting for something to come through. "Throttle time" -- is that pun intended, like what time it is for your boss?

I see the doctor again tomorrow. I feel good -- kind of speedy, but not in a bad way if it doesn't get extreme. It's funny because I recognize the feeling, I used to feel this way a lot, years & years ago -- I was hooked on speed and after I got off it and other drugs, I'd get on these jags. Just kind of ... speedy. It's hard to describe. Maybe it's my "normal" -- I can't say because I was abusing stuff regularly pretty young. Anyway it's been a long time since I had so many consistently "on" days. It worries me a bit because as I recall I also used to get really irrational sometimes and kind of explosive. But my husband and my doctor and my FS are all watching over me now, just in case.

The good news is, since I can't drink to take the edge off, I may get super-buff

Hey Gonzo! Just saw your post -- editing to give you a big hello!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
p***enger

Saw the dr -- he seems to think that as long as I'm not up all night or going off on a tear of some sort, a little excess energy is fine. It's just so strange -- it's been so long since I felt anything like enthusiasm for anything! It's like wearing someone else's clothes. But he said that I'll get used to it

I hope everyone is well, happy, and on the beam. You've all helped me so much, and I'm really grateful.